<1000 1000pts Slaaneshi Renegades to be expanded - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Slaaneshi Renegades to be expanded

It's been a long while since I've done anything GW-related; last I remember back in 4th/5th edition was the Tau being brand new.
    But now the Slaanesh-Worshipping Discomarines (I was 12) are back with a vengeance!

This is the bulk of my collection, I still have a few bits to update & incorporate, such as a Daemon Prince (comes in just under 250pts), bike-mounted lord/sorcerer with 5/6 bikes, a handful of regular CSM troops and a unit of daemonettes.
    The theme I that, being a relatively recently-fallen Space Marine Chapter, they'd not have access to some particularly Warp-Altered aspects of other Chaos Legions- so while there are a few Noise Weapons, I'd be looking to steer away from such units as obliterators, heldrakes, forgefiends or possessed, with much of the army being kitted out with equipment from their recent loyalist roots. I do want that Forgeworld Sonic Dreanought though ^_^

so here's the list:

Delmar, Lord of Slaanesh -135pts
    Plasma Pistol, Lightning Claw, Sigil of Corruption, Mark of Slaanesh

Disco Troupe Vox - 152pts
    Noise Champion w/ Doom Siren & combi-melta
    5 Noise Marines w/ Sonic Blasters

Disco Troupe Pacha - 157pts
    Noise Champion w/ Sonic Blaster
    4 Noise Marines w/ Sonic Blaster, 1 w/ Blastmaster

Elio's Backing Troupe - 245pts
    Champion w/ Power Fist
    2 Marines w/ Plasma Guns
    7 w/ Bolt Pistol/Close Combat Weapon
    Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess

2 Rhino Transports - 100pts
    Extra Armour, Dirge Casters

Chaos Predator - 135pts
    Twin-linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Possessed

Total 924

a little short of 1k, but this is just the first list i've thrown together based on what I've got put together & painted presentably. I'll put up some pictures when I find a decent camera, but for now, what do you suggest I do? the new plastic daemonette kit has caught my eye, would a secondary detachment from the daemon codex be worth my while? or stick with expanding the main CSM force for now? any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I used to be known as Monsieur Cartier. Can't get into that account, but maybe someone remembers me. Were you here 5+ years ago too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x5)

Possessed isn't worth it on the Predator, so that's easily lost.
    Secondly, Sonic Blasters are ENTIRELY overcosted. They're creating 20 point MEQ's that have stats that say they want to go into melee, and they were given Salvo weapons you just payed for.
    Mostly, the most success I've had with Noise Marines is at the minimum with a Blastmaster and a Rhino with a Havoc Launcher. It's two Blast Templates, though they're small.
    Another point to note is that your Lord is not going to make it to combat. Simple as that. He's only got a Sigil and no method of transportation.

To be honest, if you want them to seem like they're still within their Loyalist routes, you might as well stick with the Loyalist codex and actually have a decent chance of winning, and ally in Daemons and try to keep them separated (hey).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Welcome to the Forum Carmic! I can't really suggest much as I'm not a Chaos player but I've always been annoyed by my mates 30 strong mob of Cultists led by fearless characters, the formation of Cultists and Dread and the deep striking dread formation.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks Borak, it's in fact welcome back to the forum! Been more than 5 years since I was last here but I definitely remember your avatar pic!
    Cultists would appeal much more to me if there were nicer models. they're not bad models, but they aren't too varied and as far as I can tell snap-ons? just don't like the sound of that. plus if I want a horde I can dig out my 'nids. I always did enjoy running 100+ hormagaunts at an opponent in a 1500pt fight, even if it never ended well for me :p

Thanks for your input SlayerFan, it seems I didn't read the entry for vehicle possession as well as I could have so that's getting dropped pronto. I know I have some spare tank sprues hiding somewhere, havoc launchers will be featuring as soon as I find them! As for the Lord, he'll be in one of the Rhinos. probably with the combat squad, who'll need to drop a man so he can have a seat! as far as his survivability goes, what else could he be given? beyond the sigil and someone offering a ride, is there something I've overlooked? (no, he isn't about to start worshipping Nurgle!)
    I'll agree with the poor cost balance of noise marines though. the trial game I played with a gw employee made them seem much better- I hadn't bought the rulebook at that point, and in our game moving with a salvo weapon affected neither range nor ability to charge (he must be more a fantasy fan lol).

One other question I'd like to pose- am I missing something re the HQ choices? You seem to pay a lot more for the Warpsmith and Dark Apostle, who fair enough have a few special rules each but vastly inferior statlines. Are they worth what you pay, or stick with a Lord / DP ?
    I used to be known as Monsieur Cartier. Can't get into that account, but maybe someone remembers me. Were you here 5+ years ago too?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

A Warpsmith isn't the greatest of HQs, he is typically used if you want to bring a bunch of Forge World Heresy vehicles and need a relic keeper. The Apostle works well as either an anchor for a Cultist blob or as a buff for a melee squad. Unfortunately GW didn't let us have the options of taking a bike or jump pack for either of them so they are somewhat hamstrung to be honest.

Playing Slaanesh, I would go more for a gunline, static army (Noise Marines and Preds), then add a couple units for fast mobility. Slaanesh Raptors are to pop around scenery, and remember that if you take a Lord or Sorcerer on a Steed of Slaanesh you gain Outflank and Acute Senses, so you get to reroll what side of the board you come in from. Stick that Steed with some Spawn or Bikers to stab your opponent in the side.

Also consider a Slaanesh Sorcerer for a second HQ: the Slaanesh psychic powers work well with Sonic Weapons, and can even boost their Strength.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I seem to remember the name Cartier but it was an awfully long time ago lol! If you want access into the od account maybe give one of the Admins a bell. JVK is still about (we've lost a lot of members over the years such as DanJones, Rork and Kuffy).

Anyway, Yeah, the cultists are just the snap fit ones so if you're against those kind of things you're going to struggle. you could always do some 'traitor guard' as cultists. Maybe even grab some escher models and use them as Cultists.

+ Reply to Thread