1000 point team list - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

A character without Scout can join a unit with Scout, and still get the Scout move. It doesn't work with Infiltrate, but with Scout and Outflank you're good to go.

Well, firstly I believe you can only summon the Bloodthirster of Unfettered Rage, not the others. Second, to Summon it you're sacrificing your Herald, so you won't be Summoning all 3, and once you Summon one you aren't using any more powers from the Herald. Thirdly, you're banking on actually getting that spell, and even with ML 3 that's only a 50% chance, and your opponent can still Deny it or you could fail to roll it. As you said you want to play competitively, that means you can't really be basing your plan on a 50% chance. And finally, if you Summon the Bloodthirster it arrives by Deep Strike near your Herald, so it's arriving in Swooping mode (since it's a Flying Monstrous Creature), and unless you've moved your Horrors and Herald up close (which is a bad idea), it will take a turn or two to even get into combat, so it's not something to do late game as the Thirster will either not get into combat or only kill one unit.

So if you're playing for fun, try and Summon the big guy. If not, don't count on it because there are too many ways it can go wrong. A Keeper of Secrets or Lord of Change would honestly be better Greater Daemons to summon, as a Keeper will begin on the ground and is very fast, and a Lord of Change should be flying anyways while it casts spells. Both can also cast spells, so you aren't almost giving up the Psychic Phase once the Herald goes poof.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I'm already set on not using psykers I've replaced them with nurgle I figure if I'm ment to summon psykers I'll roll a 12 on the warp storm table lol and as far as the bloodthirster thing goes rules as written I may summon a "bloodthirster" so until it's faq I have 3 to summon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rexeon View Post
    Oh I'm already set on not using psykers I've replaced them with nurgle I figure if I'm ment to summon psykers I'll roll a 12 on the warp storm table lol and as far as the bloodthirster thing goes rules as written I may summon a "bloodthirster" so until it's faq I have 3 to summon
    Even if you can summon one of the 3, remember that it arrives by Deep Strike and as it's a Flying Monstrous Creature, it arrives by Swooping. That means you Summon it, it switches it's Flight mode to Glide the following Movement Phase, and then the NEXT turn you can assault, as you can't assault the same turn you switch modes. So you arrive in the Psychic Phase of one turn, switch modes in the second, and assault in the third. So that's THREE TURNS you have to wait. Unless you cast Possession on your first or second turn that Bloodthirster doesn't get into combat. There's a reason no-one Summons a Bloodthirster unless it's through Blood Tithe (Daemonkin) or as a giant distraction.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh right I forgot about that yeah better to not try and summon them

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Other than that I think you should do well; I'd configure the Plaguebearers and Herald for more of an Objective holding capacity (so Grotti the Nurgling and the Feel No Pain loci) because the Khorne units are aggressive enough and you may need to hold objectives. This is even more important if your partner spams Destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great idea I'll just have to keep the khorne models away from the Herald of nurgle cuz I believe groti affects non nurgle units also other than that it'll be perfect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Yes, it affects all non-Nurgle units, but it shouldn't be difficult to keep Khorne away. Just plant the Nurgles on an objective and throw Khorne in your opponent's face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite tactic ever look it's still breathing charge it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

the khorn will be good for clearing the flank. If you deploy first your opponent will have to set up something on the flank of his army to deal with them or risk you coming in and hitting him where you want.

Alterantively if you set up second you can pick which flank looks like it's most deserving of the attenntions of the Khorne and aim to sweep them away.

Leave tanks and heavily armoured units to the necrons, use the khorne to hit the rest either to weken them or to slaughter them.

You're job will be to whittle down the army and tie it up. The necrons take out the big scary stuff with their guns and then turn their attention to mopping up the smaller stuff you've been whittling away at.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rexeon View Post
    I am teaming up with a friend for a teams tournament this weekend, and though I pride myself a primarily daemon player I come to you guys for suggestions.
    I am running chaos daemons competitively for the first time and I'm trying to compliment 1000 points of necrons my list is
    1 Herald of khorne on juggernaut with the king of blades new relic 115 pts
    1 exalted flamer 50 pts
    1 Herald of Tzeentch mastery 3 95 pts
    10 bloodletters with icon instrument and bloodreaper 125 pts
    20 pink horrors with icon and instrument 200 pts
    5 seekers of slaanesh with icon instrument and heartseeker 85 pts
    And one skull cannon 125 pts
    The icons are for easier deepstrike if need be the instruments are to ensure my units come in if I need to deepsreike and my psykers are for situational use summoning if need be or psykic shooting attacks. Seems solid to me but what do the people think ?
    I just attended a Doubles tournament last weekend and I have a good idea of the meta going around right now. In my personal opinion, this list doesn't cut it. I'm not trying to be over critical either even if it comes across this way.

Now things depend on the tone of the doubles event. If it is a less competitive event, I'm with you on the list. In a more competitive atmosphere, it will most likely fall a bit short. In our tournament, we saw one player run 4 Riptides and his partner run Marines Centurion-star. Another ran Tau Ghostkeel formation with the Marine Skyhammer Annihilation force. By the way, the Ghostkeel unit hit rear armour of all vehicles while the Assault Marines could Deep Strike and Assault all in the first turn. We saw the A-typical Eldar Jetbike / Wraith spam with Necron Decurion list.

Some of the issues have been addressed; replace Blood Crushers with Hounds. If you have the points add a Loci to the Herald of Khorne to make the Hounds better. Bloodletters in the regular Daemon codex aren't great. Daemonkin yes, Daemons no. Plaguebearers are better in many areas, but in this tournament you will face a lot of "ignores cover" especially from Tau which seems to have it on nearly everything. At least the Plaguebearers can fight high toughness units and vehicles while having a better toughness.

I hope your Necron partner has some anti-air units maybe some Scythes. If not, maybe think of putting in a Soul Grinder some way. We encountered lots of armies with Flyers. Also, if in your tournament your team has two Warlords; one from each player, you will have to carefully consider which Herald you need to elect to your Warlord as Heralds generally give up Slay the Warlord victory points very easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast