1000 point team list - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results are in and my friend and I placed 3rd 4 points shy of making second. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help, someone was running a list just like I had first typed up and placed last. so without your guises help that would of been me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Not a problem! And well done on the 4th place. Onwards and upwards from here!

Any moments of note in the tournament?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah because I decided to focus khorne I may or may not of taken a chaos Lord and went daemonkin I figured if I was going to go with a khorne list it seemed right well my khorne Lord went 3 rounds with an imperial knight doing 4 hull points and surviving D strength attacks before being taken out by a stomp attack in the top of round 4 no matter what place I took that day I felt like I won lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Glad to hear you did so well. My son and I played in a similar tournament with 15 other teams. All of our games were close, but we didn't place. I'm not a tournament player as such and I have to admit I was taken back by just how many high powered formations there are in the game today, plus we were supposed to be playing a more friendly tournament. I played Daemonkin with the Helbrute Mayhem pack while my son brought Nurgle Daemons. We had 6 Walkers; 3 Helbrutes, 2 Soul Grinders of Nurgle and 1 Defiler. Not to mention we had a GUO and a Bloodthirster. We faced down some high powered cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Regardless of whether say a tourney is going to be "friendly" or not you'll always come across guys who go all out to win. it's the nature of the beast. The last doubles tourny I entered was 1500 points (750 each) I wrote a fun stupid list, my team mate did the same.

Game 1 we faced off against a Kustom Ork stompa taken from an imperial armour book (400 ish points)

Game 2 was a list similar to what we had taken

Game 3 we faced a stormlord.

3 games...2 of "those" guys.

of the 12 teams involved 5 took superheavies in what was supposed to be a friendly tournament.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by kingzerno View Post
    Regardless of whether say a tourney is going to be "friendly" or not you'll always come across guys who go all out to win. it's the nature of the beast. The last doubles tourny I entered was 1500 points (750 each) I wrote a fun stupid list, my team mate did the same.

Game 1 we faced off against a Kustom Ork stompa taken from an imperial armour book (400 ish points)

Game 2 was a list similar to what we had taken

Game 3 we faced a stormlord.

3 games...2 of "those" guys.

of the 12 teams involved 5 took superheavies in what was supposed to be a friendly tournament.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Our tournament has a sportsmanship component in which players dock points for having OP lists. Trouble with that is: a) determining if a list is OP is subjective at best. b) if you take an OP list and face people you are friends with, they aren't likely to dock you anything even when they should. c) it doesn't stop people from taking the OP list in the first place, it may stop them from winning. What we ended up with was some people taking scaled back lists as requested and some people taking absolute OP lists from the dirtiest corners of 40K. The two types did not mix at all.

I'm not sure why people can't scale it back slightly when requested to do so. I get that tournaments are meant to be won, but friendly tournaments should also be a thing. The tournament we went to was meant to be a fun event where more casual players could play and have fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbeater View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Our tournament has a sportsmanship component in which players dock points for having OP lists. Trouble with that is: a) determining if a list is OP is subjective at best. b) if you take an OP list and face people you are friends with, they aren't likely to dock you anything even when they should. c) it doesn't stop people from taking the OP list in the first place, it may stop them from winning. What we ended up with was some people taking scaled back lists as requested and some people taking absolute OP lists from the dirtiest corners of 40K. The two types did not mix at all.

I'm not sure why people can't scale it back slightly when requested to do so. I get that tournaments are meant to be won, but friendly tournaments should also be a thing. The tournament we went to was meant to be a fun event where more casual players could play and have fun.
    Because some people are incapable of scaling back. If you have a black-and-white mindset towards this game, then you either play incredibly overpowered to win at all costs, or you don't play at all. For those whom winning is the first and only goal, that's what they do. I personally think it's sad to have that mindset, as you end up placing a First Place Spot above positive interaction with other human beings, but hey, whatever helps them sleep at night.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    Because some people are incapable of scaling back. If you have a black-and-white mindset towards this game, then you either play incredibly overpowered to win at all costs, or you don't play at all. For those whom winning is the first and only goal, that's what they do. I personally think it's sad to have that mindset, as you end up placing a First Place Spot above positive interaction with other human beings, but hey, whatever helps them sleep at night.
    I echo this 100%. I like running a fun, friendly 750 point tournament. In one day, you get 6 games in. Out of my pocket, I supply the prizes, pop and chips. I charge $5 to get in, but the hobby shop gets all of that money. Trouble is, at 750 points in today's 40k, there is just a lot of dirty crap you can pack into a list even at these low points. So I put up restrictions to level the play field. Holy crap did I get a lot of hate for the restrictions! I finally had enough and simply told people that if they couldn't scale back a list for a fun, non competitive tournament with an entry fee of $5, just stay home and quit bitching about it. It goes back to what Marius said; some people just cannot take their foot off the accelerator even when asked to. Not sure why, it doesn't fit within my way of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

And sadly it's these play to win at all cost people who damage the hobby. Everyone will at some point have seen an experienced, play to win player taking on an average/new player and absolutely thrashing them whilst delighting in it. It's this kind of approach that causes people to quit the hobby or in some cases not even start up.

Now I'm prepping for a 1500 point tournament and I'm fuly expecting a lot of stupid lists (1500 points 1 LOW or SH) so I'm writing something equally irritating. However I plan to mitigate this with good sportsmanship and stupidity. I've written the list to be competitive but not OP (it's tau). Whilst I am usuing the supremacy suit I chose not to go and spend all the remaining points on broadsides and crisis suits. Nope. I have fire warriors in there. You heard me. Fire warriors. Because a list of just hevay hitters is fun for no one...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123