There is only one Chaos God and Nurgle be his name!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only one Chaos God and Nurgle be his name!!

Hey guys,
    Im sensing a very Khorne heavy vibe in this forum but my love goes out to the Nurgles and I mean the real Nurgles not every CSP that runs around with the Mark of Nurgle like a football bandwagon fan!!! Ok that rant out of the way. I am looking for a Nurgle Daemon flavored army build. I have the following so far 20 plaguebearers, 2 heralds of Nurgle, 3 plague drones, 3 Nurglings. I also have purchased a Heldrake and two Soulgrinders. I'd like 3 more plague drones, 3 more nurglings, and a couple of Great Unclean One as well as a million more PLague bearers for army flexiability. While I am cobbling and painting these beauties together, I am looking for mix and match to go into my army. Here are my thoughts and then if you Khorne loving veterans can suggest additional armies models to purchase and army builds, I would be in your debt and willing to overlook your poor judgement in Chaos Gods. Not sure if you need army size numbers but lets target 2000. If you want to talk just generics, that would be great as well. It would likely give me more to work with if i play smaller games.

Some items I am targetting are ..
    Epidemius- Is he even worth it without a mono-Nurgle Army??
    an extra Heldrake
    A daemon prince or two (am confused if I should get a generic Daemon Prince or the Nurgle Daemon Pring or Be'lakor, Daemon Prince)
    2-3 Nurgle Beasts

Is including at least one unit of Chaos marines a good idea and what kind?? and a vehicle for them?? Rhino??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize, this is my first post and it appears i made a couple of mistakes. Im not sure but this may need to be moved to the right subcatagory and i did not put a point total for the army request in the title. ill try to be more direct and mindful in future posts.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Welcome to the Forum Geekstuff (nice name!). I have moved your thread to the Chaos Daemons Army list section. I hope that's Ok.

I'm afraid I can't really comment on your list or give you advice on your daemons army as I only really play Guard and Marines. Any questions about this place though, let me know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

I personally don't like Epidemus that much. For Nurgle, the best units are: Great Unclean One, Plaguebearers, Plague Drones, Soul Grinders of Nurgle and Daemon Prince of Nurgle. The Beasts of Nurgle are okay, but expensive to buy and expensive to run. Some people like Nurglings; I don't so much.

A good start is the "Start Collecting 40K - Nurgle" kit from GW. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA...mons-of-Nurgle That is pasted from the Canadian site; you can adjust the origin country to suit you.

I own two GUO's and typically use both in a list. The Soul Grinder of Nurgle is perhaps pound for pound the best walker in the game in that when it is in cover it gets such a great save. Heralds are fine, but quite often people overspend on them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Welcome! A couple things for you to remember:

A: Heldrakes aren't Chaos Daemons, they are Chaos Space Marines. So if you plan on using it and not playing an Unbound list, you will need additional Chaos Marine units to fill out the Allies requirement. As a minimum you'll need a unit of Cultists and an HQ choice, I'd go Sorcerer Lord personally.

B: Epidemius used to be really good in a mono-Nurgle army. Now he is very subpar as they nerfed his buffing ability significantly, going from an army-wide buff to only units within 6" (so basically only the unit he is inside). I would leave him unless you're taking him for fluffy reasons.

C: Nurgle Princes are good, tough to kill, but you won't be using him as a combat beast, he's most effective Flying around casting spells, and he's very expensive for that. Plus unless he's an HQ you have to take a Great Unclean One as a tax, and you're taking away spots from Heavy Support that could be used for Nurgle Soul Grinders.

D: Plague Drones are great, Nurglings are good distractions and backfield unit holders. Deep Strike them into your enemy's backyard to force them to fire at inconsequential units. Beasts are only good if you're playing a melee opponent, and even then your positioning has to be on point for them to make their points back.

+ Reply to Thread