<1000 Possibly the Stupidest 1000 Point List in History. Maybe. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Possibly the Stupidest 1000 Point List in History. Maybe.

I get bored. And I get a bit tired of the same old same old. So I compiled a list for 1000 points and it's either a surprise good list, or the worst list in history. Before I play it, I'll let you in on it. I already know it has the potential to be the stupidest list in history, so feel free to tell me what you think.

1000 Points:

Infernal Tetrad Formation

Daemon Prince of Khorne:
    Daemonic Flight, Warped forged Armour, Artifact: Skullreaver (250)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle:
    Daemonic Flight, Artifact: Corruption, Psychic Mastery Level 1 (250)

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh:
    Warped Forged Armour, Artifact: Soulstealer (195)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch: (warlord)
    Daemonic Flight, Artifact: The Impossible Robe, Psychic Mastery Level 3, Greater Reward (305)

The Skinny: Since the TzPrince is the Warlord, there is a chance he will get the Warlord trait that increases his invulnerable save by one. As per the formation rules, each Prince will also share that warlord trait. Also there is a trait that would add one PML to each Prince except the Khorne Prince (although it doesn't actually state he doesn't become a psyker, I don't think a Khorne prince could ever become one!). In short, there are tons of great warlord traits in Tzeentch that would help every Prince.

I would be interested in getting the TzPrince +1 to his invulnerable save to compliment the Impossible Robe. I would like the TzPrince to summon troops and buff himself using Malefic powers. If there are warp charges left over, it falls to the Nurgle Prince to do as much damage as he can. The Khorne and Slaanesh Prince's are to get up into combat as quickly as possible.

The problems I see are controlling objectives. With 4 models, it just isn't easy, that's why summoning troops is somewhat important. As soon as one Prince dies, it will be downhill from there. With all 4 Princes on the board, all of them are toughness 6 which is important. I'm hoping that at 1000 points, my opponent won't have a ton of firepower, but that is probably a pipe dream.

In conclusion, I doubt this list will won't work and I'll wager it will possibly be the worst list in history. I guess it will depend on the mission and my opponent. After I do play it, I'll let you know how it went.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

It will definitely be a surprise for your opponents.

Although, if you are bored...there's another votewar that needs some players...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    It will definitely be a surprise for your opponents.

Although, if you are bored...there's another votewar that needs some players...
    There is? I haven't seen any advertising for it. I'll look in to it and thanks for the heads up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

It will also depend on if you go first. And how many S10 weapons you face.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    It will also depend on if you go first. And how many S10 weapons you face.
    As long as all 4 are alive, they are all toughness 6.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Ah good point. Might want to make the Slaanesh a Level 1 as well for more Summoning, with your Tzeentch being the main caster AND Warlord, he will attract all of your enemy's shooting unless you're firing out Summoned units from every possible angle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    Ah good point. Might want to make the Slaanesh a Level 1 as well for more Summoning, with your Tzeentch being the main caster AND Warlord, he will attract all of your enemy's shooting unless you're firing out Summoned units from every possible angle.
    This was my thought as well, but I only ended up with 20 points in the end, so I stuck a greater on the TzPrince. I looked the list up and down and it just could not come to me where I could free up 5 lousy points to make the 25 point needed for the extra ML.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

It was play test day today and here's how it went:

My list facing Khorne Daemonkin. He had: Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, 10 CSM w/ Plasma Gun, CCW and champ with Powerfist, 10 CSM w/ CCW, Melta Gun and champ with Axe of Khorne, 20 Cultists with Pistols and CCW, a Helbrute and a Maulerfiend w/ lasher tendrils.

Mission, #4 Maelstrom. 3 cards, you cannot discard control objective cards, you can score on your opponents objective cards if you control the objective first.

Turn 1, Daemonkin set up first and intend to go first, but I use my Jedi powers to roll a 6 to sneeze the initiative. Two Princes must stay in their deployment zone to score objectives except the Nurgle Prince and a Khorne Prince who moves up to try and control an objective close by. The TzPrince tries to summon some troops but only get 5 lousy dice to do so and it fails. My Warlord trait, which all my Prince's get, was -1 WS and BS when targeting the Warlords. I manage to score 3 victory points.

Daemonkin's turn, the Thirster flies up within 10" of the Nurgle Prince and the Maulerfiend moves within 10" of the Khorne Prince. All units move up, however one CSM unit is stuck in terrain and only moves 1". In the shooting phase the CSM unit manage a lucky wound on the Nurgle Prince. The Maulerfiend makes a long charge to my Khorne Prince. In that combat, the Khorne Prince takes a HP off the Maulerfiend and does not manage to get any D strength attacks from his artifact. The Thirster defies the odds and makes his charge on the Nurgle Prince. The Thirster manages an instant death wound on the Prince and he fails his save. One Prince down and all other Prince's drop to the dreaded toughness 5. My opponent score first blood and that's it.

Turn 2, The TzPrince is the only thing capable of stopping the Thirster, so he moves towards him. The Slaanesh Prince moves up, but takes cover behind a tall building to avoid CSM shooting. The TzPrince tries to summon again and at least gets 6 dice to do it with and promptly fails again. Uhggg. In the assault phase, my Tz Prince attacks the Thirster. In that fight, the Tz Prince takes 2 wounds off the Thirster and the Thirster does no wounds to him. So far so good. In the Khorne Prince fight, the Prince manages to score a regular wound and one D strength wound. On the D wound, he makes his invulnerable save and takes one wound from the other. Unfortunately, even though he has to roll 5 & 6 to hit, he puts two wounds on the Prince, both are instant death due to high strength. I fail them and that Prince is dead. Two down in two turns. My opponent scores one more objective.

Turn 3, The Slaanesh Prince moves up. In the psychic phase, the TzPrince tries to summon some Plague Drones and once again fails. The Slaanesh Prince tries to assault and even with Fleet, fails and eats a wound in Overwatch. In the assault phase, the TzPrince holds his own but each fail to wound each other. I score no points.

His Helbrute moves up to help his Bloodthirster, one unit of CSM and the Cultists move up on the Slaanesh Prince. In the shooting phase, the CSM shoot the Prince but fail to wound it. Some of the Cultists fire but again do no wounds. In the assault phase, the Slaanesh Prince is assaulted by the CSM and the Cultists. He is able to regenerates all his lost wounds by killing 3 CSM's. Between the CSM who have a Power Fist and the Cultists, the Prince eats it and is dead. 3 down. The TzPrince is assaulted by the Helbrute. The TzPrince puts one more wound on the Thirster, but takes no wounds.

At this point I concede. I have not killed any units although I killed a few models. Facts are facts, I have one unit against 6. I haven't been able to summon anything to help out and I figure it's only a matter of time until the TzPrince fails a wound.

In short, it's one of the stupidest list in the world.

+ Reply to Thread