<2000 Demons with Knights 2000 pt. - Need assistance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demons with Knights 2000 pt. - Need assistance

Hi all,

I'm new to Chaos Demons, in fact I still have to buy an entire army, but i've always loved the chaos daemons and now that i have some spare money I'd like to finally get myself a proper army.

Now these are the units that I alreay possess and so I want to use at all costs:

10 Daemonette of Slaanesh
    5 Seekers of Slaanesh
    4 Heralds of Slaanesh (2 on Foot 1 on Steed)

My idea was to use also the two new Renegade Knights to help the Demons.

So this is the list i have in mind.
    As a side note my usual opponents are: Astra Militarum and Tyranids.

QG:
    Keeper of Secrets: 2 Greater Rewards, Mastery level 3: 260 pts
    Herald of Slaanesh: Greater Reward, Mastery level 2: 115 pts
    Herald of Slaanesh: Greater Reward, Mastery level 2, Steed of Slaanesh, Lesser Locus of Grace: 140 pts

Troops:
    10 Daemonette of Slaanesh, Icon of Chaos: 100 pts

Fast Attack:
    10 Seeker of Slaanesh: Icon of Chaos: 130 pts

Allied Renegades:
    1 Renegade Knight - Heavy Stubber, Avenger Gatling Cannon, Twin icarus Autocannon, Reaper Chainsword: 410 pts
    1 Renegade Knight - Heavy Stubber, Rapid Fire Battlecannon, Stormspear Roketpod, Reaper Chainsword: 415 pts

Total: 2000pts - 11 Warp Charges

The idea is to have a very fast moving army that will engage most of the enemy units and can move quickly to take on objectives while the knights provides heavy fire support, the daemon part could be squishy but with all that warp charges it will be easy to resummon and safely deepstrike (thanks to the icon of chaos) the casualities. I plan to use this list in a very aggressive way forcing my opponent to spread his firepower and giving him few time before he's forced to close combat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Keep the chaos knight (https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resourc...aos_Knight.pdf) in mind depending on your needs - it has less firepower than the renegades but more powerful close combat and a daemonic invulnerable save that can be boosted with psychic powers and the grimoire (and the legacy of armageddon for khorne armies).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea behind the Renegads was indeed Firepower so I see no point it taking the Chaos Knights, that also comes as LoW choice. I feel like Getting the daemonic 5++ when i already have the ion 4++ is a bit redudant even if it doesn't goes in CC. But will still give that a proper look.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogardan View Post
    I feel like Getting the daemonic 5++ when i already have the ion 4++ is a bit redudant even if it doesn't goes in CC. But will still give that a proper look.
    Remember that the 4++ only covers a single arc.

Also that a daemonic knight can benefit from cursed earth (among other things) giving it a 3++ ion shield and 4++ to its other arcs and close combat hits, and that it carries both a dirge caster (6" aura of no overwatch) and a d-strength +1 chainsword that wounds monstrous and gargantuan creatures automatically with a 1 in 3 chance of a deathblow.

Renegades for guns, chaos knights for close combat is a pretty good rule to go by.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

A.T. has the skinny on the Knights.

As for the rest of the list, I'm not a Slaanesh kind of player, but the list is fast but squishy. The one thing that stands out is your Icons on each Daemonette and Seeker unit. If you are not going to deep strike and it looks like you are not, the Icon is not a good value at 10 points each. For the 40 points consider the following options: 1) Add Loci or Rewards to your Heralds.

2) Add a champion to each Daemonette and Seeker unit, then add a Lesser Reward (Etherblade) to two of them. If you get "Punished By the Gods" result on the Warpstorm table, chances are you will lose a Herald or serious hurt your Keeper of Secrets (I lost a GUO this way once). If you add 4 characters, the chances of killing your Heralds or hurting your KoS goes down almost 50%. Plus you add a very reliable AP2 weapon to your unit.

3) Simply add models to your Daemonette units to keep them alive longer.

+ Reply to Thread