<2000 Daethguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daethguard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daethguard

outrider - +1 cp -315

index (don't own codex csm yet) sorcerer, force sword ;- 102
    3 units of 1 chaos spawn ;- 99
    3 units of 1 beasts of nurgle ;- 114

battalion - +3 cp -1695

typhus ;- XX
    plague caster ;- XX
    demon prince, demonic axe ;- 156
    3 units of 20 poxwalkers ;- 360
    6 plague marines, icon of despair, 2 blight launchers, plaguesword ;- 163
    noxious blightbringer, plasma pistol ;-70
    plague surgeon, bale sword ;- 65
    3 myphitic blight-haulers, multi-meltas, missle launchers, bile spurts ;- 426
    predator, all the dakka, havok launcher ;- 170

spending 1 cp to get suppurating plate for the demon prince (2+ save and mortal wounds on a 4+ in cc for every successful save) and dolorious knell (7 inch bubble to inflict a mortal wound on a 6 during moral phase and enemies in 7 roll 2d6 and take the highest for moral tests)

warlord will prob be the prince and give him the +1 to disgustingly resilient, 8 wounds at t6 with a 4+ feel no pain, 2+ armor and a 5+ invun should keep him around through alot of punishment, alternatively maybe the noxious due to him being out of reach more and could give him the one that lets plague weapons re-roll to wounds entirely?, not sure im using enough to make it worth it though

total cp = 6. points 2010 (I need to cut 10 points, not sure where it should come from)

possible list for Oktoberfest, any advice for shaving those 10 points or general advice for altering the list?, i'm not very experienced with tournaments nor deathguard in general, I think i've put together a list that can contend with objectives and still put out some pain. can't see myself tabling anyone but I think the list is resilient enough to not be tabled either

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm afraid I'm not a chaos player, nor have I even seen the DG Codex so my advice is going to be vague I'm afraid!!

At a first glace, you have an awful lot of units which means you're bound to be going last unless you're playing guard. Not that that is a massive problem.

Whilst you have an awful lot of units, the majority of it is 'chaff' and isn't overly scary. Saying that though, now that everything has a chance of hurting something it might not be too bad. I'd swap the Dakka Predator to a Lascannon Variant for some added punch against Vehicles and Super Heavies.

Lastly, in the Marine Dex you can't give a single model more than one Relic. Can a Daemon Prince take two????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alternative list, any better?

battalion

hq- daemon prince with daemonic axe
    hq- typhus
    troop- 20 pox walkers
    troop- 20 cultists
    troop- 20 cultists
    fast- 3 haulers with bile spurts, missile launchers, multi-meltas
    fast- 3 chaos spawn
    heavy- predator destructor with havok launcher

vanguard

hq- index sorcerer, force sword, plasma pistol
    elite- 3 deathshroud terminators, manreapers and gauntlets
    elite- 3 deathshroud terminators, manreapers and gauntlets
    elite- surgeon, sword
    elite- noxious, plasma pistol

7 cp but -1 for twin relics, relic 1 suppurating plate to prince and relic 2 delorious knell to noxious, warlord is prince with trait being +1 to disgustingly resilient rolls, 2000 points exact

Will use the cultists as chaff to screen the pox and characters, with judicious usage of the walk of the dead stratagem and smart application of contagion powers I should be able to turn that single unit into a large blob of scary, the index sorc will hopefully bring some speed with warptime making up for the low movement of the termies and typhus or alternatively throwing a unit of spawn at an obj, I lack the weapons to alter my predator to annihilator but to be honest I think the haulers should be able to deal with most vehicles i need down, the deathshroud and prince can pull tank duty under desperation but I don't have much that can reach out and wipe out a devastator equivalent without the destructor

+ Reply to Thread