So........... New beginnings - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Krawald View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but this place seems to have the brightest minds on Librarium!

Looking into the new rules (AoS), and have some questions:

Looking at Galrauch's profile, he has two kinds of ranged attacks and two melee:
    Can I use both in the same phase (that is, attack with both Maws and Talons)? Same question for the ranged ones. Also, do I choose weapons for units before the game, or do they have all available through the game? Can I combine any weapon with shields?

I get a bit confused, since all attacks from a model is printed together (so a rider and their mounts are listed together, but I'm pretty sure they can both attack in the same phase, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure the Warriors don't get to do two attacks with all their weapons listed in their profile...).
    Welcome to the forum. I did start an Age of Sigmar FAQs thread in the Warhammer rules forum, though in time we'll probably need more than one anyway.

You can attack with all of the weapons that you have. If you look at Warriors, they don't have all of the options listed, only one (or two in the cases of those that take additional hand weapons in place of a shield). So, when deploying a unit of Warriors, you need to choose their equipment and that's all they can use (halberds OR hand weapons OR great weapons OR additional handweapons - the first two options get shields, the latter two don't). I'm not looking at Galrauch's scroll, but I assume he has both Maws and Talons and attacks with both.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Krawald View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but this place seems to have the brightest minds on Librarium!
    I'm flattered, although I will say that if you just google 'Age of Sigmar FAQ' you will see a result for the official GW Rules and Errata pdfs, available for free on their website. A lot of these questions (and more) can be answered there. However, I'll answer your particular questions below.

Looking at Galrauch's profile, he has two kinds of ranged attacks and two melee:
    Can I use both in the same phase (that is, attack with both Maws and Talons)? Same question for the ranged ones.
    In Galrauch's case, yes. If a model is equipped with multiple melee/ranged weapons, it uses them all in the relevant phase. Galrauch is a gribbly beast who sweeps with his Talons while chomping people in half with his Maws!
    However, read unit descriptions carefully. Some attacks state that they can only be used in place of another. I would have to go through my warscrolls to find a specific weapon/unit, but as an example, a model with a pistol might be forced to attack with either his pistol or his special ranged weapon. It will tell you so in one of the weapon descriptions on the warscroll.

Also, do I choose weapons for units before the game, or do they have all available through the game? Can I combine any weapon with shields?
    Kind of an issue that I have with AoS, really. You do need to choose before the game. With the General's Compendium, (if I recall) the different weapons are all assigned different points costs. If not, read your warscroll - it will often say something to the effect of,
    "Warriors of Chaos are equipped with Swords and Shields or Great Weapons, and some might carry a special weapon"
    In that case, you would choose to arm the entire unit with either Swords&Shields, or arm them with Great Weapons, prior to the game. Special weaponry often tells you how many models in the unit may carry the weapon, and that would be the only limit there.

I get a bit confused, since all attacks from a model is printed together (so a rider and their mounts are listed together, but I'm pretty sure they can both attack in the same phase, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure the Warriors don't get to do two attacks with all their weapons listed in their profile...).
    Right. Warriors would only get attacks from the profile of the weapon that they have. Gaulrach gets all of the attacks on his profile, because he has both Maws and Talons, as per his description. Warriors only have the ability to carry a single weapon from the myriad options presented to them.

Hope this helps!

I apologize for my poor spelling and for being all 'round terrible...

Greetings from the frozen north![/QUOTE]
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12