<1000 1000 pt daemons of chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

1000 pt daemons of chaos

I'm a noob to DoC, just got the book for my birthday, and naturally I've been fooling around with it. I have a 1000 pt list, but I have no idea if it's good or not. I would really appreciate some feedback on how to make this list better.
    It doesn't really have a theme because I was trying to include a little bit of everything. I saw that other lists often have Chaos Furies, are they worth including?
    Ok, here goes.

Heroes - 230 pts

130 - Herald of Tzeentch - General, Master of Sorcery
    I have no idea which lore to use, any suggestions would be great.

100 - Herald of Slaanesh
    Goes with the Daemonettes.

Core - 504 pts

126 - 10 Bloodletters - Mus.
    126 - 10 Pink Horrors - Mus.
    126 - 10 Daemonettes - Mus.
    126 - 10 Plaguebearers - Mus.

Special - 126 pts
    126 - 5 Seekers - Mus.

Rare - 140 pts
    140 - 2 Bloodcrushers

Feedback on how to make this list better would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Hey and welcome do daemons. Daemons tend to be squishy when in small groups without heralds so instead of 4 groups of 10 i would suggest picking 2 groups and upping them to 20. Personally i like to use nurgle and khorne in smaller games because they tend to be the strongest units.

You have the right idea for heros, tzeentch herald with master of sorcery and a combat hero fitted how you like it is usually the best way to go for smaller games.

For core, like i said earlier, i would suggest taking 2 units of 20 instead. One think daemons usually die to is ranged because they don't have much in the way of defense so even 10 archers taking out 2 models per turn for the first 2 turns can hurt while those 4 models aren't usually missed in a unit of 20. I find horrors are pretty much useless because they don't offer much for their points. Most of the power dice are going to your herald that knows 7 spells so don't take them unless you want to have fun running a changling around the board. Also take standards over musicians, way more helpful.

love the specials. So useful seekers. Use them to take out ranged units or artillery early on. Once again standard over mus.

For rare i'm still not sure on bloodcrushers. Once upon a time i loved them but now i find they aren't the best. I like seekers over them because of the speed they offer and less points but that is entirely personal choice if they work for you take them if you are finding they are slipping try seekers or beasts of nurgle but for rares you can't really go wrong unless you are playing with the update then don't take flamers of tzeentch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I more or less agree with random guy. Personally a find that seekers die quite easily and pink horrors are more or less useless when you have a 7 spell wizard on the board. If I were playing a thousand points I would go with:

Herald of Tzeentch
    Disc, master of sorcery

Herald of Slaanesh

31 daemonettes w/full command & Siren standard

5 flesh hounds

1 blood reaper

Fiend of Slaanesh

Your Tzeentch Herald is an absolute must - he's gonna have soooo much fun with all the power dice to himself and 7 spells in the pocket - you should dominate the magic phase, so it's necessary to have him on a disc because your oppoent will try to kill him (the maneouverability will allow you to place him in relatively safer locations). Unfortunately the downside is that the only other herald you can afford at 1k points is Slannesh. They're not bad but Nurgle and Khorne are better. When getting to 1250 I'd look into swapping this.

Since you'd have a Slannesh herald you'll want Daemonettes. They'll do really well against most units at 1k points with 2 attacks each and ASF from the Herald. You'll have some difficulty against S4 T4 troops but that's the trade off for dominating the magic phase (which you can use to help them on the occasions that it's necessary). Siren Standard should guarantee you make the charge rather than getting baited into flank/counter charges. Random Guy will possibly disagree with putting them into a horde - it commits a lot of points to one target. But I think it's a calculated risk worth taking - your movement means that you will get into combat by T3 and being a horde you should win easily against non-hordes, allowing you to make combat reforms to chase other units in T4 onwards. On the other hand, if you do come up against a horde, you'll be well set up to match him/her in combat.

Flesh Hounds are nasty, unpleasant things who will provide excellent support for your horde or even take out small units by themselves. 10 WS S5 attacks is good at any game size but awesome at 1k and their Magic resistance will protect them from any magic missiles/direct damge intended to reduce their effectiveness.

Blood crushers come in units of 1+, meaning that you can upgrade the one you buy to a champion. This is the next best thing to having a Herald of Khorne roaming around on a Juggernaut - though not as good, naturally. This guy can;

a. Support your Daemonnettes with a flank charge and 5 attacks at WS5;
    b. Go after war machines if your fiend dies
    c. Run down small archer units

Fiend - obvious, kill war machines.

I hope you find some of this helpful. Feel free to steal all or none of these ideas. Post back here to let us know how you got on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Thanks alot for the advice, I think i'll switch to that new list. I also considered making the 31 Daemonettes into 19 and 12, where the herald goes with the 19. Is this a decent idea? btw, can't wait to try out the new list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gorak_the_bloody View Post
    Thanks alot for the advice, I think i'll switch to that new list. I also considered making the 31 Daemonettes into 19 and 12, where the herald goes with the 19. Is this a decent idea? btw, can't wait to try out the new list
    Hey Gorak

Personally I wouldn't split them because if you do then only part of your total models can benefit from your Locus of Slannesh rule. Additionally, while a unit of 19 will more or less hold its own, a unit of 12 daemonettes will bounce off most things having caused limited damage. A big horde on the other hand can be relied on to cause more damage, especially with all those re-rolls from ASF.

Perhaps try it out and see what happens, or even grab a few dice and do some tests.

Let me know how you get on

+ Reply to Thread