>3000 6k with GUO - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6k with GUO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6k with GUO

48 Plague Bearers (full command and icon of virulence) - goes in later, wins on ridiculous combat points
    39 Plague Bearers (full command and seeping decay) - goes in first, eventually dies, gets the tally going
    15 Plague Bearers (champion and musician) - Bunker for Epedimius
    39 Blood Letters (full command and icon of endless war) - does what bloodletters do

6 Nurglings - scout, enemy war machines, gets the tally going
    6 Nurglings - scout, enemy war machines, gets the tally going
    6 Screamers - versatile
    9 Flesh Hounds - flank/supporting unit
    9 Flesh Hounds - flank/supporting unit

5 Blood Crushers - flank/supporting unit
    5 Blood Crushers - flank/supporting unit

Herald of Nurgle, L1, SoB, BSB, SoCG, Palanquin - joins virulence unit, makes hordes stubborn (important to me because of the armies I play against)
    Herald of Nurgle, SoB - joins seeping decay unit
    Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, MoS (fire), SB
    Herald of Slannesh, SS (joins any horde, works with HOT for SS/Flame cage combo)
    Herald of Khorne, AoK - joins blood letters
    Herald of Khorne, AoK, Juggernaut - joins blood crushers
    Herald of Khorne, AoK, Juggernaut - joins blood crushers
    Epedemius, Tally - joins bunker in corner of board

GOU, L4, NR, ST

Last edited by tombkingmarkj; February 3rd, 2013 at 07:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Do you just make these lists for fun or do you actually play 6k games? If you do how long do they take, a very long time?

I don't know if you get more magic dice in larger games (i usually cap at 2500 or sometimes 3000) but it looks like alot of wizards wanting dice. 1 L1, 1 mos, and a L4. I know once the tally is up nurgle spells get ridiculously easy to cast but still 12 spells able to be cast a turn and only a max of 12 dice. Is the 5 blood reavers 5 bloodcrushers upgraded to all Sergeants? If so are you able to do that?

Other than that it looks like a good list. Still can't get over the 6k game idea. How big is the table?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Random Guy

Yeah, I really do play 6k games. My friends and I play most weekends. I usually play against WoC or Skaven. Occasionally dwarves and Lizards. We find it's 1hr per 1000pts so a 6k game usually takes us around 6 hours. We tend to start around 2 and finish around 8. 'Tis an excellent way to get out of being dragged around shopping centres and supermarkets by wives!

We don't get extra magic dice normally and I see your point about wizards demanding dice. The way I play it is this: my BSB rolls his magic dice first then takes the base spell - I want him to have this because I want him to stay alive for lots of stubborn. Also, 3 wizards is an extra power die every other turn.

Next my GUO rolls 4 dice for the 5 available spells. I'm almost certain to get plague wind, which is the main one I want although the others are usefully varied. Once the tally is up and running (which doesn't take long with this list) then Nurgle spells become silly easy to cast. It's not so much about wanting to cast 12 spells but more about having the versatility to cast what I want when I want it.

As for the HOT - for 25pts I'd be crazy not too!

Table is 6ft x 4ft.

*Blood Crushers, not reapers. My mistake. Have edited earlier post
    Last edited by tombkingmarkj; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:03.

+ Reply to Thread