<1000 DoC Battalion +...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DoC Battalion +...?

Hello, fellow DOCters.

I am a long time Empire player and decided it's high time I gave up on humans and gave something more sinister a try!

I'm buying the battalion for Daemons of Chaos this week and need a hero to accompany it! What works best with this army?

I've been looking over other army lists and most of them seem to incorporate a Tzeentch Disc-Wizard-thingy, but I'm interested to hear what works best with this army which is around 1000pts

20 Bloodletters of Khorne
    Full Command
    10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
    Full Command
    10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
    Full Command
    5 Seekers of Slaanesh
    Full Command
    5 Flamers of Tzeentch

Narrative Battle Reports "Great sense of humor" "Fun and easy to follow"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally my favourite hero is Epidemius. But he maybe doesn't belong in a 1k points army.

If I were you I'd go with the HOT, disc, SB, MOS combo first. Personally I prefer nurgle over khorne - you get better toughness and saves for fractionally less strength, so nurgle would be my 2nd choice. Khorne 3rd and Slannesh is junk.

That being said, if you're playing 1k, Slannesh is all you'll be able to afford after your HOT combo but I'd still go with that choice nonetheless.

Sadly, the daemon battalion box set isn't up to much. Pink horrors are next to worthless compared to plague bearers and blood letters. Daemonettes will do ok provides they don't come up against high strength and toughness troops.

So these are the Heralds I'd go with but I think your first priority should be sorting out your troop choices.

Hope this helps.

Write back with how you got on :-)

+ Reply to Thread