<3000 2000 Point Pure Tzeentch Competitive (Looking for Crit & Improvement) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Pure Tzeentch Competitive (Looking for Crit & Improvement)

Hey all,

I was wondering how viable a competitive Daemons of Tzeentch army would be. How effective would this army list be and how could it improve? What lores should the heralds take? How can I play it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna god mix, all other 3 gods are way too overused anyway. Would be a great site on the table. What say you battlelords?

Lords - 375

Daemon Prince - 375
    - Armed Monstrosity
    - Immortal Fury

Heroes - 330

Herald of Tzeentch - 165
    - Master of Sorcery
    - Spellbreaker

Herald of Tzeentch - 165
    - Master of Sorcery
    - Spellbreaker

Core - 625

30 Horrors of Tzeentch - 403
    - Flag
    - Musician
    - Banner of Change

17 Horrors of Tzeentch - 222
    - Flag
    - Musician

Special

4 Screamers of Tzeentch
    4 Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare

6 Flamers of Tzeentch
    6 Flamers of Tzeentch

Total = 1990

Thanks all

Last edited by Novos; February 25th, 2013 at 05:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post but I just had one thing to add. My main 2 concerns are versatility and the Daemon Prince. Versatility because I don't really have any support units, and the DP because I have no way of protecting him. Wracking my brains wondering how I can make this work.

Thanks again!
    - Robby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi buddy,

I think with deamons both in fantasy and in 40k, mono tzeentch lists are difficult to use cos you just dont have the hard hitting close combat power the other three gods provide, its all shooting. This is a particular problem in fantasy. But saying that the new army book/codex is out this weekend so I would wait and see what the new rule changes/units are.

Pink horrors are my favorite looking daemon tho!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveh View Post
    Hi buddy,

I think with deamons both in fantasy and in 40k, mono tzeentch lists are difficult to use cos you just dont have the hard hitting close combat power the other three gods provide, its all shooting. This is a particular problem in fantasy. But saying that the new army book/codex is out this weekend so I would wait and see what the new rule changes/units are.
    Pink horrors are my favorite looking daemon tho!
    Heya!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I can't wait for this weekend I'm gonna grab the new book. I always kind of thought pure tzeentch was viable for the fact that I played a 500 point practice game against an all khorne army and kicked the sh_t out of him. The sheer blasting power wittled him down and the horrors ended up beating the bloodletters repeatedly due to 4+ ward save. I kind of thought that maybe the great defense coupled with the great ranged game would subterfuge the total lack of combat prowess... It certainly did in that game. I guess I'll just have to try it out at higher points.

Thanks again!
    - Robby
    Last edited by Novos; February 27th, 2013 at 15:32. Reason: sp

+ Reply to Thread