<2000 1500 pt Tzeentch - Looking for crit/improvement - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Tzeentch - Looking for crit/improvement

Hey all,

I really like the aesthetic of Tzeentch so I'm trying to make an all Tzeentch army with the new rules that is still pseudo-competitive. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Heroes – Max 375 (231)
    Blue Scribes – 81 (Just for fun)
    Herald of Tzeentch 130
    -Level 2 (35)
    -Disc of Tzeentch (20)

Core – Min 375 (560) (4 ranks for max casting modifier)
    Pink Horrors x20 – 280
    -Musician - 10
    -Standard Bearer – 10

Pink Horrors x20 – 280
    -Musician - 10
    -Standard Bearer – 10

Special – 750 (560) (For non magic-phase blasting; potential for 18 shots from 3 models seems excessive, screamers for distraction/war machine hunting)
    Flamers x3 – 120
    Flamers x3 - 120
    Flamers x3 - 120
    Screamers x5- 200

Rare – 375 (150) (Just like the way these things look, not sure if the rules support the points; if not then probably another Herald or Changeling)
    Burning Chariot of Tzeentch -150

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thoughts? I know I'm not that awesome...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I see you fell into the same trap as me and went all tzeentch.

Well, first thing to note is its a struggle to bring anything that can fight well into the list, and with horrors as our core, we might aswell try to buff them with a locus. So i would drop the blue scribes, the model looks good, but i fail to see them being helpful in a battle situation, even for fun. Im currently going with a herald in each of my two units of horrors but you could keep one out on a disc for some speed.

Flamers are okay, but i would feel better having more in one unit, and less units overall. multiple units of 3 mite work, but im running a unit of 6 to begin with, then two units of 5 later on.

Screamers im going with 2 units of 4, with one unit, 5 could be okay for one unit, moving them about could be a bit difficult when you want to fly them into places which are cramped.

Chariots are deffinatly the way to go i think. You get D6+1 impact hits, then 9 more S4 attacks. On top of that you get the flame template or your other shooting attack if you decide not to jump into combat. I wouldnt run it alone an im going with 2 together. but you could run it along with your screamers to munch down units.

Its difficult to comment on Daemon lists at the moment, mainly because since the rule was changed so that you have to have the same mark as the general to benifit from his inspiring presence, your generly stuck using one mark, maybe with the odd unit from a different mark to fill certain roles. Therefore lists are tending to look the same except for which following you take.

I would maybe look at running lore of metal instead of Tzeentch for competative play on at least one Herald. It wont generate any horrors from spells for you, but then again you do have 2 units of horrors who can do that for you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I knew going in that I was going to have some difficulty fielding strong CC units in low points games, but I've always been more interested in building a fluffy list that can hold its own with some maneuvering instead of just straight "competitive" lists.

I was starting to think about the scribes and you're probably right, I was just throwing them in there for some more magical versatility since they can cast, albeit randomly, from any of the eight main lores. With all the casters in the army already though, might have some issues coming up with power dice.

The screamers maneuverability I didn't think would be an issue since all units of flyers automatically get skirmishers, so the free reform should get them through tight spots just fine I would think. Although I can see the issues with having to keep them spaced out.

Flamers I kept in smaller groups to cut down on the enemies ability to target them with mass fire, have to whittle them down one at a time instead of just massing casualties on one big group, and since they are skirmishers as well having more in one unit doesn't seem overly beneficial. Can you explain your logic behind that just to clarify?

The more I look at the chariot the more awesome it looks, can just fly circles around people and burn them down with whatever shooting attack will deal the most damage. I'll have to see if I can squeeze another one in.

Definitely running Lore of Metal on my Herald, the Horrors should handle the Lore of Tzeentch just fine.

Again, thanks for the response.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

My point with the flamers is that the small units of 3, although difficult to kill them all, are not to difficult to get rid of on a one on one basis. And a unit of 3, although could produce 18 shots, are just as likely to produce 3 shots, that then on average hit only 50% of the time, and then you have to wound, and then get through any armour/ward/regen the unit might have.

You could run 2 or three units together, and i expect you might jut do that, which would strengthan the shooting and damage output, but when it comes to recieveing damage from a charge or spell etc, the small units could go in one burst of damage. I have just found from personal experiance, mainly from units like using wraiths for VC, that slightly bigger units than the minimun tend to do slightly better. Its a double edged sword. Bigger units easier to concentrate on but larger concentrated damage output. Smaller units, more difficult to get them all, but easier to take them out when you get them.

The Screamers, yes they can reform, i just meant if theres little space to fit the unit on the board were you want, then units of 5 may be to big considering the base size. However this is dependant alot on how much terrain you are ususly using on your boards.

+ Reply to Thread