>3000 new book, new design, new way of thinking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new book, new design, new way of thinking

I got the new book a couple of days ago now, and at first glance I thought it was OK except the reign of chaos table...why?. anyways I thought I would have a go a writing an army list, I usually play 2.4k so here goes.

lords
    deamon prince
    lvl 2
    mark of nurgle
    chaos armour
    deamonic flight

heroes
    herald of korne
    exalted loci

herald of nurgle
    lesser loci

core
    29x bloodletters
    command

20x pink horrors

24x plague bearers
    command

special
    5x flesh hounds
    ambushers (pretty awesome imo)

4x flamers

2x nurglings

rare
    skull cannon
    skull cannon

anyways thats it I dunno if it will work i tried to cover all bases as much as possible im a little concerned with magic because everything is so expensive, so get back to me, let me know what you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Because you have have troops from 3 gods you are at a much higher risk of something going wrong during the winds of magic roll. Also, your non-nurgle demons won't be allowed to use your demon prince's LD because he's MoN. What do you plan to do with the 20 pink horrors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pink horrors are there for magic support just an extra wizard really, but i must admit that on second thought i may not take them and maybe bolster the plague bearers, or use the point to get screamers or a soul grinder

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

In the new book i think your going to be much better off with just one mark. Looking at your list, i would go with khorne. Drop the Plague Bearers, Nurglings, Herald, Pink Horrors, and flamers, and invest the point in more khorne units or units which can take the mark of khorne.

So first stop is another block of bloodletters.
    Next, a unit of Furries with mark of Khorne. Only WS3 with one attack, but flying, an average initiative of 4, and MoK gives them +1S on the charge. Thats enough to take down most things you would use them for and at only 14pts each with a mark.

Could go with a unit of skull cushers for a bit of fast momentum. yes they now only have a 4+ save (if i worked that out right) and only have S5 on the charge, but they could be usefull to help your blocks break out of fights.

If your worried about needing a Wizard the take a Tzeentch herlad on disc and fly him into safe spots. Lore of metal might even be good for alot of the Khorne units, just remember he wont get to use the generals Ld so keep him out of fights. Depending on the spells you roll you could even keep him behind your blocks casting something like Glittering Robe should you roll it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

...Alternatively,

if you dont have the models yet, Nurgle is comming along pretty strong. As long as you dont mind taking Epidermus (so named characters) you can build quite a solid list. Lore of Nugle is probably the best chaos lore going about at the moment as well, and the Nurgle daemon prince (although a shadow of what you can have in WoC) is still probably th most solid Daemon Prince you can get, just make sure to give him a couple of magic levels.

So...

Nurgle DP

Epidermus

Herlad of Nurgle

2 (maybe 3 if you think you have the points spare) blocks of Plague Bearers

Couple of units of 2-3 beast of Nurgle

Might aswell get some of those new plague drones or whatever the new flying things are. Could be usefull to support your DP as nothing else is particularly fast for nurgle.
    (therefore a small unit of furries might be worth looking at. Nothing compared to the Khorne furries but might work for youas another fast unit.)

I dont rate nurglings, pretty much fallen out with swarms at the moment.

You could look at a soul crusher but personaly i dont like them. Just big old cannon fodder who cant influence the game much. I would rather have more plague bearers or another unit for Drones.

Theres not quite as large a choice for nurgle as some of the other gods, but you get a solid list from it where you can struggle using the other marks.

Me myself, i have gone all Tzeentch, but i am well aware theres a good chance i will have wiped my army out by turn 3 from casting spells and blowing myslef up. I just got fead up with the slow boring games i have been plaing so have gone with something that is so unreliabley random that no matter what il have some fun. I have always wanted to do a slaanesh army, but S3 with nothing special to show for it...id be better off just using my elves. At least with Tzeentch they have alot of things going for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Grinder can certainly have a place... especially when you have a DP and Epidemius. It never hurts to have another cannon ball target on the table to take some of the pressure off the characters. It also works very well with the mark of Nurgle.

Its true that the current book favors mono-god lists, but I have to disagree with the statement that you run a higher risk on the Winds of Magic. It is true that if you run units of 4 different alignments there are four results on the list that hurt some of these units. But each result with only hurt the units of the opposing alignment. Running a mono list means you only suffer the bad result on a quarter of the rolls, but that all of your units suffer the ill effect. In many ways there is LESS risk involved in spreading the risk out... suffering a bad roll and having all of your units be hit at the same time can potentially be very devastating.

To the OP... I would drop the flamers for sure. With the new rules I have had very disappointing results with it, and since they are no longer our only way to get shooting, I think you are better off with Khannons or a Grinder. Use the points from these to get some Plague Drones or maybe another squad of ambushing fleshies. These have worked wonders for me with ambushing. Cheap, fast and powerful... thats a good combo. I would probably split up the beasts of Nurgle and run them separately in order to maximize their effect. They are not gonna be a combat squad as such no matter if they are one or two, and the flexibility is so much bigger with two.

Overall, I would say that if you run Epidimius it is a shame to not at least consider going almost pure Nurgle (Khannon & Hounds are still awesome).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

+ Reply to Thread