<3000 2250 New book Nurgle - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second game in. Slaanesh Daemons vs Nurgle Daemons.

Overall thoughts:
    I won but only by 200 pts
    Tally was way up over 30 when I stopped counting.
    Damn Slaanesh spell that causes wounds kept creating new Daemonettes for me to keep increasing my Tally.
    Soul Grinder not so good in Melee
    Daemon Prince not so good against Keeper of Secrets even fully buffed with the Tally and +3 Str from Daemonic Gifts
    A giant block of Plaguebearers can't cause wounds in CC against something that is WS 5
    Flying is not as great as I thought cause you don't get free reforms. So yes you can fly 20" but then your facing the wrong direction half the time.
    Beasts of Nurgle are awesome!
    Niether of us rolled double 1s or double 6s in combat res for the entire game. So that's a non issue. Reign of chaos was mostly pointless. One round of +1 Ward, one round of -1 Ward, one round both of us got 10 extra core troops.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

To be honest, i never look at the soul grinder and say to myself "i cant wait until it gets into combat". To me it seems a bit of a dud. Possibley its best aspect is being able to bring a gun (other than the skull cannon) to a daemon list, but for the points your paying and the ease at which a cannon could polish of that large target it seems over priced. I was toying with the idea of using them in my Tzeentch list but think il giv it a miss since all i realy wanted it for was the fire thrower template and to be around to do some combat dammage, somthing im struggling to manage with an all Tzeentch list.

Were the Daemonetes actualy causing you much dammage in combat? They always seem a bit weak to me only having S3 and 2 attacks, but after a few theory rolls, as long as they have the ASF locus and are against lower int units, they tend to do quiet well.

What were the acheivments of the Beasts during the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Daemonettes couldn't do any damage, but didn't have a Herald in the unit. I couldn't hit them with my WS3 vs WS 5 and he couldn't damage me with S3 vs T5. My Nurgle spell raised and lowered T by d3, but not WS and thats what I needed.

3 Beasts took on an Exalted Chariot and lived, then eventually made it across the board to help in the Plaguebearer vs Daemonette fight. I rolled super high for their number of attacks at the beginning of the game and lots of poison. Combine that with the spell to make poison on a 5 or 6 from my nearby Daemon Prince and they were Beasts!

I'm half tempted to put something other than the flame template on the Soul Grinder and keep him further back. I need that early game damage to up my Tally.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

One thing to mention.

Flying, its just a normal movement except it can ignore terrain and units which would normaly be in the way. I cant find anywhere that says you have to move in a straight line. Therefore you can wheel during, or at the end of your move, as long as you take into consideration the distance used for wheeling, just like wheeling any other unit on the ground. So you may only get 18" instead of 20", but at least now you can face where you want.

I think this is why Fliers can now be march blocked. They have simpley made flying more like a normal move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plague drones have "hover", means they can fly but not march.

Beasts of Nurgle have always been bad ass, now they are 40pts cheaper!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12