<3000 mono khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mono khorne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mono khorne

hey guys, i written up this mono khorne list, and wanted to get some feedback to weather it can work or it lacking anything, i wanted to steer clear of mono nurgle which seems to be the popular choice at the moment and go for a straight forward hack them up list

30 bloodletters
    command
    30 bloodletters
    command

herald of khorne
    exalted loci
    herald of khorne
    exalted loci

deamon prince
    greater gift
    lessar gift
    chaos armour
    mark of khorne
    flight

5 hounds
    ambushers
    5 hounds
    ambushers

4 bloodcrushers

skull cannon
    skull cannon

thanks for reading

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I'm looking for a similar list at 1200pts.

I've included Skulltaker, not only because i like his stats, but also because the model looks awesome.
    I've got:

Skulltaker

29 Bloodletters

3 Bloodcrushers

Skullcannon of Khorne
    Skullcannon of Khorne

I've not yet tested it, but it looks pretty solid on paper. I think in games with 1500pt and higher your going to have trouble with magic. My other doubt is the saves on these guys. I play WoC mainly so i'm kinda spoiled with armor saves.

Hope some advanced Daemons player could look into your list.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Sadly, Khorne got badly hosed in this current army book...
    If you're looking to simply have some fun and see stuff die, then you'll probably do decently enough.

But overall you're looking at losing most games simply because your Core unit is the game's worst. You have almost no hope at all of protecting your heinously over-costed Heralds, Bloodcrushers are again, likely vying for the game's worst Monstrous Cav unit... Our DP is an absolute joke when you compare him the WoC version, and taking a 'Thirster will leave you crying vs. anyone who uses Augments/Hexes since at best you'll have only a Lv2 for dispelling.
    Only 'bright spots' are small units of 5-6 Doggies for harassing, chaff clearing, a MoK Soul Grinder for sticking it to monstrous units and of the course, the Khannons.

Oh, and the new Dark Elves are just laughing at Khorne Daemons now...

Sorry to be a downer, but really, Khorne Daemons is about one of the worst armies this edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i know khorne is pretty overpriced. But in casual games its fine. And they look Nice in my glass cabinet.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rydhus View Post
    Yeah i know khorne is pretty overpriced. But in casual games its fine. And they look Nice in my glass cabinet.
    ...they'll also likely become the top option alongside Tzeentch when the 9th edition army book comes out, since most people have sold off their 'Letter hordes for Plaguebearers & Beasts. (which will become merely 'average' to downright 'poop' in return.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To bad I bought the Limited edition 8th rulebook then
    I've collected some Khorne by now, and I use them in my WoC army when im playing with friends. So we'll see when they get better.

+ Reply to Thread