<3000 All nurgle, tally of corruption 2500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All nurgle, tally of corruption 2500 points

So nurgle is probably my favourite god out of the new book( which isn't so new). Doesn't seem like there is much activity on this forum and I wanna see what other think about this mono nurgle list. It has a little of everything, horde, monsters,chaff, Killy units, some decent magic and even a little shooting so I will have something in every phase. Here it is!

GUO lvl 4 with 2 greater gifts
    Epidemus
    Herald of nurgle bsb, lvl 1 wizard

39 plaguebearers with command and banner of swiftness
    16 plaguebearers with command (bunker for epidemus)

Beast of nurgle
    Beast of nurgle

Soul grinder of nurgle and phlegm

So that's it. It's 5 points under but there isn't anything I can do with those hahahaha. What do u guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkymarkie0 View Post
    So nurgle is probably my favourite god out of the new book( which isn't so new). Doesn't seem like there is much activity on this forum and I wanna see what other think about this mono nurgle list. It has a little of everything, horde, monsters,chaff, Killy units, some decent magic and even a little shooting so I will have something in every phase. Here it is!

GUO lvl 4 with 2 greater gifts
    While the Fencer's Blades are rather hilarious on a GUO, consider that giving him the Portalglyph and sticking Eppi in it the single best way to protect him all game... The Lesser Gifts aren't too horrible on a GUO either - ASF is gold, the 2++ can catch the first cannonball and if worst comes to worst and your roll sucks, the ASF sword is only 25pts.

Epidemus
    Herald of nurgle bsb, lvl 1 wizard
    Think about adding the Regen locus to the Herald, or else give him the Razor Standard to give your main 'Bearer brick some actual punch in combat. (Killing Blow is really, really situational with so much monstrous stuff out there)

39 plaguebearers with command and banner of swiftness
    16 plaguebearers with command (bunker for epidemus)
    Drop the bunker unit as it's 100% useless for protecting Eppi since he's Monstrous Cav and thus can still be picked out AND will not get a LoS roll either.
    Besides, you need those points elsewhere - with Daemons you only ever take the minimum 'Core Tax' and just leave it at that.

Beast of nurgle
    Beast of nurgle
    Add in a unit of 4-6 to act as your main beatstick. If you don't take the Portalglyph cheese option, then those solo Beasts can be used as cannonball catchers for Eppi and your GUO.

You only need 1 - drop the other as you again need those points for chaff which you entirely lack...

Things to add:
    a) 3x units of 5 Furies w/DoN upgrade. This is your best source of chaff, however against armies without cannons, those solo Beasts can also give you a couple more chaff units as well.
    If you have lots of High Elves and/or WoC around, then these guys are absolutely vital for getting in the way of their killer units like a BotWD bus or Nurgle DP.

b) 3 Plaguedrones w/Burny banner. Gives you something to reliably kill off regen plus some added speed for hunting things like enemy war machines & smaller units

c) Potentially think about swapping Big Pappa for a Daemon Prince of Nurgle as he'll be a bit cheaper, far more mobile and is still fairly resilient in combat thanks to the Daemon of Nurgle rule being absolutely boss.

Now keep in mind that while perfectly legal, I would not actually hide Eppi in the Portalglyph except when playing a no-holds-bar type of game such as in a highly competitive setting like a tournament!
    In friendly games, it's a really good way to lose friends!

Now against a BotWD High Elf army? Definitely play it as it'll effectively even the odds and you won't be playing a game that comes down to how long your chaff can survive and stall the nasty 2++ skillbanner unit.

+ Reply to Thread