<2000 1200 Mono Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200 Mono Khorne

Hi,

I know Khorne isn't the best there is right now, but I like playing with khorne.
    I have two lists, can I get an opinion about which is better and what to change?
    It doesn't have to be a winning list, but I want to make a list that doesn't get wiped of the board completely.

list 1:

Herald of Khorne, greater locus
    Herald of Khorne, BSB

38 Bloodletters, full cmd, banner of swiftness

Skull Cannon of Khorne
    Skull Cannon of Khorne

List 2:

Skulltaker

30 Bloodletters, Full cmd

4 skullcrushers

Skull Cannon of Khorne
    Skull Cannon of Khorne

Thanks for watching

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rydhus View Post
    Hi,

I know Khorne isn't the best there is right now, but I like playing with khorne.
    I have two lists, can I get an opinion about which is better and what to change?
    It doesn't have to be a winning list, but I want to make a list that doesn't get wiped of the board completely.
    Well, as long as you know that Khorne is going to get hosed far more often than it'll ever win...

Just giving up entirely on the Magic Phase is bad enough, but you also will get badly screwed by the 'Dark Prince Thirsts' result from the Reign of Comedy table on a consistent basis as well.
    Honestly I would still look to include a little bit of Tzeentch or Nurgle to help, simply because Khorne is easily the outright weakest army in the entire game right now... (like, actually you're worse than even Wood Elves levels of pure awful! )

list 1:

Herald of Khorne, greater locus
    Herald of Khorne, BSB

38 Bloodletters, full cmd, banner of swiftness

Skull Cannon of Khorne
    Skull Cannon of Khorne
    First off, you have only 1 real threat, meaning you have only 1 single target for the enemy to ever focus on.
    A complete lack of chaff and chaff removers means your opponent can go to town dictating the Movement Phase all game, while your two Khannons are entirely overkill and all but useless in the chaff game.

Drop the BSB Herald, 8 Bloodletters and a Khannon.
    Add the +1M banner to the remaining 30 'Letters, at least 1 unit of Doggies and try to get at least 1 unit of 5 MoK Furies to help act as chaff and/or help the Doggies clear the enemy's chaff.

You might also consider dropping the Greater Locus of "please Frenzy bait me" down to the Lesser Locus which will help to limit the amount of damage magic missiles/direct damage spells do to your main block.

List 2:

Skulltaker

30 Bloodletters, Full cmd

4 skullcrushers

Skull Cannon of Khorne
    Skull Cannon of Khorne

Thanks for watching
    Lose a Khannon - you don't need 2 in small games, even against Ogres. Get some Doggies & Furies because games are won/lost on who plays 'the chaff game' better.

While our chaff is rather mediocre, (because it's all in the Special section and thus extremely limited), we still have to make use of those options.
    Khannons are honestly terrible at chaffing because they suffer from Daemonic Instability and their damage output tends to hang entirely on getting the charge off. (this on a unit who's main purpose is to shoot big scary things!)
    Add in how the RoC loves to screw these things over and you'll find that in smaller games especially, they can become a much greater liability than a vitally useful unit.

+ Reply to Thread