<2000 Tournament Mono Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament Mono Nurgle

Hello all,

Long time viewer, first real post, I'm not a uber competitive player, and recently been running mono Nurgle in 1000pt and 1500pt games, I'm going to my first tournament next month and thought I would run this list by you guys for a critique, open to all comments, I don't want to run an uber competitive list, really like the idea of keeping epidemuis

Daemon Prince: Level 2 Wizard; Daemon of Nurgle; 2× Greater Gift; Daemonic flight 465

Epidemius xxx
    Herald of Nurgle: Lesser Locus of Virulence 130

24 Plaguebearers of Nurgle: musician; standard bearer 332
    19 Plaguebearers of Nurgle: musician; standard bearer 267

3 Beasts of Nurgle xxx
    3 Beasts of Nurgle xxx
    1 Beast of Nurgle xxx

3 Plague Drones of Nurgle: standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 185

Thanks

Urban Panda Ninja

Last edited by UrbanPandaNinja; August 28th, 2014 at 23:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you finally take the plunge and post something up for us.

The list looks solid to me. I have to admit that I do not play Daemons personally, but one of my regular opponents uses them a lot, and runs a similar "mono Nurgle" army to yours. We've worked on, ironed out, and honed his army for a while now, and it is my least favorite opponent on the table. Mono-Nurgle is a powerbuild that is well suited for tournament play.

Things that I'm picking up on:

1) Daemon Prince - there is a trick with the Portal Glyph where you can keep Epi off the table until the Daemon is killed. As Epi is locked in the Glyph, he's unkillable but still counts for bonuses. It's a very cheesy trick and doesn't make you friends.
    Otherwise however, we tended to drop the Daemon Prince out in favor of a plain old Herald. The +1Ld from the Prince is nice, but face it: Daemons don't Break, so you're just saving yourself 1W per round. Better to save the points, buy more wounds to start with.

2) The Heralds - Greater Locus of Fecundity first. The Regen is just nuts - it's a straight 4+. That makes Nurgle Daemons very hard to shift. He only relies on his Ward when I bust out the Flaming Attacks. One of those Heralds needs to be your BSB, if he's not already.

3) Drones - we found these to be a touch underwhelming at higher levels of play. The WS3 was the letdown, only half of your attacks will hit. He wound up changing them out for a SoulGrinder, and scraped together enough to get a SkullCannon into the army (I know, I know, not technically mono Nurgle anymore). But as you don't have those kinds of points right now (unless you combine the Daemon and Flies and drop them together, then maybe), so I'd stick with the Flies. You're pretty maxed out on Beasts as it is.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

hi, welcome, quick question - uk or us based and how many points for the tournament - and if its UK, is it at whw?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarathi - Thanks for the input, will toy around with some changes and see what happens iv got potentially 6 more games before the tournament, thanks

Kaleb - UK Based, its 2000 and not at Warhammer World will be based in West London, ill be putting details up soon to advertise,

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

well depending on wether you are playing comp tournaments or not, it might be worth you looking at plague toads and pox riders from the tamurkhan book. The plague toads can be taken as core in a daemon army and the pox rider (bearers riding plague toads) can act as a nice bunker for Epi.

Plague toads are unbreakable as well, which makes life quite annoying for your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its non comp, I was thinking of taking a single plague beast, and running him just in front of Epidemius, does he work in a unit of beasts well ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A revised version ill be playing this week;

Epidemius

Herald - BSB, Greater Locus of Fecundity

20 Plague Bearers - Musician, Standard (Not sure to combine the two units)

19 Plague Bearers - Musician, Standard

4 Beasts of Nurgle

4 Beasts of Nurgle

1 Beasts of Nurgle

Soul Grinder - Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment

4 Drones - Standard (Banner of Etneral Flame)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

- I'd honestly run your Beasts as 2 solos + unit of 4, or a pair of 2 strong "Beast darts" (lined up one behind the other so as to be even more annoying and better at chaffing up really nasty stuff) + unit of 3 for clubbing things.

- Get 1-2 units of 5 Furies w/MoN. Furies are seriously required in competitive play as they are without doubt the best chaff option we have... 20" movement that ignores anything in it's way thanks to flying. Slaanesh is jealous!

- Main 'Bearer brick would be safer at 25 strong.

- Grinder really wants a Daemonbone claw. Never leave home without it as it's stupid good for it's relatively small cost.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

292 (x6)

E626 has pretty much said it all really, and the only thing I would add is that the beast in front of Epi wouldn't really work. You need him in a unit of pox riders from the tamurkhan book to give him the look out sir!

Also with toads (again from the tamurkhan book), they without the rider, count as core so are a good way of getting annoying regenerating unbreakable units unto your core saving points for other things. I'd give the grinder nurgle and the claw but leave off the rest, points are better spent elsewhere.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

The Soul Grinder would be a better cannonball catcher for Epi's bunker unit. Althought a Beast dart would also serve well to prevent 1st turn cannon sniping.
    Otherwise, it's typical to hide Epi behind a GUO as opponent's at least require a 6 to one-shot him.

For the Grinder, I'd honestly keep the bombardment upgrade, simply because you have Epi in the same list. Pretty much every army bar MSU, all-cav forces & Ogres tend to have a large'ish brick of at least 20+ models which can make for some great 1st turn Tally building with a good hit.

+ Reply to Thread