<3000 3k friendly nurgle list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k friendly nurgle list

Hi, I've been playing WHFB for a few months now and am having a hard time beating any of the people I play. Was hoping for some insight into list and looking for any tips. I mostly play verse lizardmen and tomb kings, both of which I am yet to win a game against. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Here's my list:

Lord: 530 PT
    Great unclean one - Level 4 with 50 points of gifts

Heroes: 445 PT
    Epidemius
    Herald of Nurgle - level 1, greater loci, 50 points of gifts and BSB

Core: 773 PT
    10 plague bearers - no upgrades, Epidemius bunker unit
    46 Plague bearers - full command, banner of swiftness

Special: 720 PT
    4 Beasts of Nurgle
    4 Beasts of Nurgle
    4 Beasts of Nurgle

Rare: 530 PT
    2 skull cannons
    4 plague drones - no command, Venom sting

Total: 2998 PT

Last edited by Enlet; September 13th, 2014 at 18:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Enlet View Post
    Hi, I've been playing WHFB for a few months now and am having a hard time beating any of the people I play. Was hoping for some insight into list and looking for any tips. I mostly play verse lizardmen and tomb kings, both of which I am yet to win a game against. Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Are you facing a lot of Purple Sun bombing? Both armies, (Tomb Kings especially), can also make solid use of the lore of Light which is another major daemon-killer.

Lord: 530 PT
    Great unclean one - Level 4 with 50 points of gifts
    I'd go for 2 Greater Gifts to increase the odds of landing the 2+ armour save. *Always* default one of those rolls away for the Balesword magic weapon. It makes the GUO into pure death for any multi-wound model/unit he gets stuck into!

Heroes: 445 PT
    Epidemius
    Herald of Nurgle - level 1, greater loci, 50 points of gifts and BSB
    Lose the Gifts on the Herald, Regen Locus is enough protection for him. Consider instead giving him the Razor Banner to add Armour Piercing to your main Plaguebrick to help punch through the heavier saves your enemies can bring, while also outright ignoring those basic 5+ armour saves entirely.

Core: 773 PT
    10 plague bearers - no upgrades, Epidemius bunker unit
    46 Plague bearers - full command, banner of swiftness
    Epi's unit is too small - bump it to 20.
    Conversely, that main unit only really needs to be 30-35max. Regen'ing Plaguebearers are really hard to kill. Forget about going horde formation as it's far too unwieldy with the larger 25mm bases and instead build your ranks only 5-wide to reduce the number of incoming attacks, as well maximising your Steadfast potential.

Special: 720 PT
    4 Beasts of Nurgle
    4 Beasts of Nurgle
    4 Beasts of Nurgle
    Swap this to: 2x units of 2 Beasts + 1 unit of 4-6. The 2-gribbly "Beast darts" are handy for both clearing away any enemy chaff as well as acting as a harder tarpit chaff unit themselves.
    You really only need 1 "Beast Hammer" unit, especially with Epi in the list!

also, consider adding in 1-2 units of 5-7 Furies w/MoN for added chaff work and to also help clear out things like war machines.

Right now a huge problem you're having is that your opponents are much faster than you can control the Movement phase, which is easily the most important phase in Warhammer.
    Having 2-3 units of Furies, plus smaller units of solo/paired Beasts gives you those small, fast, easy to manouver units that can help control the table space and/or clear your opponent's similar units.

Rare: 530 PT
    2 skull cannons
    4 plague drones - no command, Venom sting
    Get a command on those Drones, at the very least a Muso + Standard w/Banner of E.Flamer to give you some regen countering ability.

Also, consider a Soul Grinder w/Daemonbone Claw (mandatory because it's so good!) and the Flame Cannon or Stone Thrower upgrade to help you build up some early Tally bonuses.
    Grinders are also very good for screening your Greater from nasty things like enemy cannons/bolt throwers and such!

Total: 2998 PT[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you facing a lot of Purple Sun bombing? Both armies, (Tomb Kings especially), can also make solid use of the lore of Light which is another major daemon-killer.
    mostly purple sun or the caress of laniph or the fate of bjuna which will kill my herald before he see's combat (generally don't have enough dispel dice to get rid of all 3 of them, my tomb kings players always takes a casket and most of the time a hierotitan and my lizardmen opponent generally takes a forbidden rod so they always get a ton more casting dice than my dispel dice)

I'd go for 2 Greater Gifts to increase the odds of landing the 2+ armour save. *Always* default one of those rolls away for the Balesword magic weapon. It makes the GUO into pure death for any multi-wound model/unit he gets stuck into!
    will keep this in mind for future games, most of the time my khannons take care of the multi wounds models but poison attacks is still useful.

Forget about going horde formation as it's far too unwieldy with the larger 25mm bases and instead build your ranks only 5-wide to reduce the number of incoming attacks, as well maximizing your Steadfast potential.
    Wouldn't this make the unit more of a long term block rather than killing the other bricks it fights?

one last question, what order should I be deploying my units? I've mostly been putting both cannons down on either side of the table to cover the table then reacting to my opponent, placing my brick near their's, using beasts to stop their smaller units etc.

Thanks for all the advice and tips, I'll be sure to take them on board.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

mostly purple sun or the caress of laniph or the fate of bjuna which will kill my herald before he see's combat (generally don't have enough dispel dice to get rid of all 3 of them, my tomb kings players always takes a casket and most of the time a hierotitan and my lizardmen opponent generally takes a forbidden rod so they always get a ton more casting dice than my dispel dice)
    P.Sun being a template allows for a 'Look out Sir!' roll, so the Herald on foot inside a unit of Plaguebearers is somewhat protected from it.

Vs. the lore of Death sniper spells, give the Plaguebearer unit the Lichbone Banner for the added +1MR which will thus give your Herald a 4++ vs. those wounds.
    Not foolproof by any means, but at least boosts you upto a 50/50 save compared to a meagre 33% save.

will keep this in mind for future games, most of the time my khannons take care of the multi wounds models but poison attacks is still useful.
    Balesword GUO's are the perfect tools for stomping across the likes of Monstrous Cavalry/Infantry type units, which the Khannons themselves are much less effective against.

Wouldn't this make the unit more of a long term block rather than killing the other bricks it fights?
    Yes, but that's the point of Plaguebearers - to be a Steadfast bus unit. If you want killy Core infantry, look to Daemonettes. The Plaguebearer unit's role in the DoC army is to deny your enemy the Steadfast bonus.

In a Nurgle army, you get pure killing power from a brick of 3-4 Beasts or else 3-4 Drones/Soul Grinder/GUO who can sweep in and hit the flanks

one last question, what order should I be deploying my units? I've mostly been putting both cannons down on either side of the table to cover the table then reacting to my opponent, placing my brick near their's, using beasts to stop their smaller units etc.

Thanks for all the advice and tips, I'll be sure to take them on board.
    This is why you *need* chaff!

Units like Furies, solo/Beastdarts, Khannons, Grinder, Screamers, Seekers, etc... get dropped first. Your main hitters wants to go down *after* all the enemy chaff drops are down in order to try and better avoid them/set-up in more favourable match-ups.

A typical Daemon army can easily bring;
    - 2 units of 5 Furies
    - 1 solo Beast/Beastdart (2 Beasts ranked one behind the other for extreme chaffing ability!)
    - 1 Khannon
    - 1 Grinder

Even at a bare minimum, that's 5 drops before you're putting anything of real value down. And there's still wiggle room to add a couple more of these cheap drops such as a 3rd unit of Furies and another solo Beast for example.
    Only true MSU, (Multiple Small Units), armies will have enough of their own drops to readily out-deploy you. (Lizzies can do this if they go heavy on the Skink Skirmishers & supporters such as Stegs/Saurus Cav/Terradons, but TK's start to hurt themselves if they go true MSU)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

292 (x6)

soul grinder... at 3000 points theres every reason to have one as your opponents can throw a lot of hard hitting things onto the table.

+ Reply to Thread