<2000 first fantasy daemon list 1400 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first fantasy daemon list 1400

hey guys been first daemon list and wanted some help, its for a 1400pt tourny that is pretty heavy capped to what i can take so list is bellow

herald of nurgle, lv.1 nurgle with regen locus
    herald of nurgle with bsb

38 plague bearers with full command

2 beasts of nurgle
    2 beasts of nurgle
    2 bases or nuglings

skullcannon
    skullcannon

comes to 1399

Last edited by kaje; October 13th, 2014 at 03:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hi mate welcome to fantasy. First up the list looks good fairly big standard but good. Maybe drop the nurglings and grab a gift or 2 and a magic banner maybe swiftness. Also you can't post bare bones points values for things.
    So the skull cannons and beast should be xxx while the plague bearers are ok because they have a command.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

If it's allowed, I'd honestly cut a few Plaguebearers - 30 is enough when they have Regen, and lose 1 Khannon.

Replace it with a unit of 3-4 Plaguedrones to give you a solid flanking unit. 3 'Drones w/Poisoned attacks upgrade on the Rot Flies + Banner of E.Flame make for handy regen killing unit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys thanks for the reply but i must say im not new to this game have been playing for years with a few armies and love it. i wanted to take furies but i dont have any atm so i took the nurglings since alot of warmachines are in my meta so need something to deal with those so any form of scouts fill that hole. i dont know how to feel about plague drones tbh, i love the models and use them in 40k but for the point cost im just not sold on them when competing for cannons in the same slot. i will try them in bigger games but at this point level cannons seem to be a auto include but saying that i realise that my list isn too afraid of cannon fire but they are still nice chariots and decent in combat for a steal for how cheap they are. dropping some plague bearers, i was thinking about this but i dont really have many other models i can use since im still starting out with daemons and thought a horde would be great point denial and am still undecided whether to take the regen or the poison 5+ one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does this look

herald of nurgle lv.1 nurgle giving unit regen
    herald of nurgle bsb with banner of disicpline
    39 plaguebearers with full command and banner of swiftness
    beast of nurgle
    beast of nurgle
    2 nurgling bases
    skullcannon
    3 plague drones with banner of flame and muso with poison attacks on mounts

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

About Drones: They are, simply put, amazing for their cost. 10" movement that ignores anything in it's path due to Hover makes them a pill to try and chaff up, and when they get into an opponent's flank, they're pretty deadly.
    True they can't & shouldn't be trying to bludgeon their way through the front door of a ranked unit, but then, Bloodcrushers can't do that either! Drones are actually better than 'Crushers believe it or not, as their T5 + Daemon of Nurgle make them a lot harder to actively hurt.

I wouldn't ever go into horde formation with the Plaguebearers - they're not actually that killy. Use them in bus mode to out-rank your opponent and ensure that you keep the Steadfast bonus, and then just grind away.

I'd lose a few 'Bearers and upgrade the BSB's banner to the Razorbanner. S4 + Armour Piercing makes the unit a viable combat threat now with the -2 save modifier.
    You won't really miss the one-shot BoD buff overall, as your main unit has the all-important BSB re-roll... on the other hand, ensuring a likely couple extra kills each round in combat means less chance of even needing to take those DI tests!

oh, and against HE's... sadly with Nurgle and no Furies you're really lacking the tools to deal with their 'I-win' banner, so best thing to do is to just try to minimise the damage as much as possible and play keep-away-hammer all game...
    It's Slaanesh who's our real answer to that giant poop sandwich.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread