>3000 New Dwarves!! First list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Dwarves!! First list.

Lord
    Shield, shield bearers
    Master rune of Skalf Blackhammer, rune of parying, rune of iron

Rune lord
    Shield
    Rune of iron 2, rune of stone
    Master rune of balance, rune of spell breaking 2

Thane bsb
    Shield oathstone
    Rune of Grugni, rune of battle 2

Thane
    Shield oathstone
    Master rune of Spanghelm
    Rune of iron 2, rune of stone

Long beards x 30 shields standard
    Long beards x 30 shields standard rune of battle

Iron breakers x 20 standard rune of stoicism
    Hammerers x 20 standard master rune of Stromni red beard

Gyrocopter
    Gyrocopter

Iron drakes x 10
    Iron drakes x 10

3007 points (992 characters)

Ok so I'm excited. The Lord has 6 wounds! 6!! 1+ armor, wounds on a 2+ unless magic armor then 3+ and your minus one to hit me.

Rune lord has a 2+, tough 6 with 4 wounds. On a 4+ takes an enemy power die and makes a dispel die ( every turn) and has a super scroll, on a 4+ when used the enemy forgets the spell. Grants his unit MR2 and armor piercing.

Bsb has a 3+ 4++ and gives his unit a 5+ against shooting and magic missiles. Gives +3 combat Rez!! (1 naturally +2)

Thane always hits on a 2+. Tough 6 3 wounds and a 2+ armor.

Couldn't imagine taking warriors instead of long beards. Long beards are better weapon skill strength, immune to psyche and panic gets re rolled within 6 inches.

Gyro copters seem good for their points but essential for anti chaff.

The banner on the hammerers grants +1 combat Rez to all dwarf units within 12!
    Iron drakes seem pretty good but with the nerf to dwarf made weapons not fantastic. Your most likely hitting on 5's. If you hit though shit dies, s5 ap quick to fire. Bye bye heavy cav.

I'm trying this list out tomorrow (full proxy). This list would cost about 770$ (assuming 20$ for each character)
    All new models except for a couple characters.

Last edited by Slack Jaw; February 15th, 2014 at 04:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice looking list. Just wondering, why you didn't put gw on the longbeards. I personals don't leave home without them. But hey that's me hope it goes well for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure great weapons are the smart choice. Just got excited about the new shield wall rule. The shields are amazing looking in the new kit. Long beards are already kinda spends. If I bought and built this list id do one unit each way and then fill the first half with whichever option if I wanted to use one option for both units. I really really like the shields but great weapons are better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

don't they get +1 strength if they charge?? i prefer to survive so shields work great looks good though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Sorry question on this why didn't you just go rune priests you don't get much more from a rune lord tbh also you should go 2 runes of iron 1 rune of fortitude and the runes to get a 4++ shield bearers great weapon. Thats Str 6, Tough 7, 6 wounds, 2+ 4++ this guy is litrally a dragon on his own minus terror lol.

i would also drop the lord and pick up 2 rune smiths and pop them in your long beards giving them armour piercing could do the same for the iron breakers with lord in and thane in hammerers with standard of vayalla for +2 to dispel (for a total of +4) and 3 rune priests scattered about one with balance and stone great weapon and 2 with spell binding and stone.

That will completely lock out your opponents magic phase and give your shield bearing units a bit more punch. love the iron drakes and the gyrocopters will guard your flanks

hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread