<2000 super excited 2000pts - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

so taking you advice i play tested (heavierly proxied) against my friends magic heavy chaos force which i find i pain so bearing this in mind his list was like block of warriors halberds mark of nurgle chariots sorc lord essentially lvl5 tzc sorc lvl2 near unkillable bsb in a unit of jugs 2 chimera with regen hounds (oops no flaming).

So i out number but thats not much comfort so knowing that i will be hammered by magic as i advance i set up with my blocks getting the 5++ from the banner with MR will give me a 4++ against magic, my gyros deploy wide and the warriors deploy tight to the flanks of the IB.

I roll hatred for everything.

He got first turn he moves foward his chimera deployed together move up the flank the warriors strait for my long beards and chariots with jugs toward my iron breakers hounds flank advance he gets 7 power dice i get 4 dispel i steal one and channel 1 so its 6 to 6 so with his lord he goes for higher lvl searing doom which i counter with all my diec he has 2 left casts lower searing doom with 2 goes through on my right IB causing 4 wounds my ward deflects 3 of them he looks at me to say what am i doing i explain he calls me some choice names

My turn i march forward keeping my line tight but angeling my units to face the dangers just inside my change ranges so a do able charge for him but still a distance. my gyros fly to the flanks of the hounds. shooting my gyros toast his hounds killing 5 and 4 respectivly and they run.

His turn as allways preditable he decelares charges his 2 chimera make it warriors fail and are in a good range for a long beard counter 1 chariot makes it the other slightly behind and jugs way off.

magic 8 diec 5 for me i steel 1 and genrate 2 so its 8-7 in my favour in short i shut him down.

combat his chimera lay into the iron breakers hitting 8 times wounding 5 times but between armour and ward no wounds again he was shocked explained shield wall in return i got 11 out of 15 hits causing (love hatred) causing 6 wounds of which 3 get through the saves whats worse in his enthusiasm he was out of range of his general and bsb not that it would have helped as he lost by 6 which means he needed a double 1 both ran with 3 diec 8 and 9 i roll double 5 with a cheer my ib run down both of his chimera im wetting myself he is not so happy. the combat with the chariot goes much the same way. he kills only 1 iron breaker with 5 impact its i suffer another wound due to crew in return i cause 3 wounds i win by 4 genral is near enough so is bsb but fails the test on 6 twice (he was having a very bad diec day) and then rolls 5 to run i roll 6 running him down and hitting is other chariot.

My turn i swift reform my iron breakers and march toward his warriors flanks. My LB succesfully charge. my gyro sacrifices itself by charging the jugs in the flank hopping to hold them in place for my iron breakers to get in the gw warriors attept a charge needing a double 6 to help the gyro but fail but are lined up for a flank charge if the gyro dies. my other gyro runs down the hounds the other gw warriors re position to engage warriors if long beards die. combat is not so on sided his warriors kill 7 of my long beards champ looses to the sorc lvl in combat rune priest holds his own agains lvl 2. in return i kill 5 of his the combat is a draw and he knows he needed to win. in a repeat the iron breakers strait up kill the chariot. the gyro does its best but ultimatly dies.

His turn he knows its over most of his amry is dead but my blocks are still standing knowing his jugs are going to smash my iron breakers i reform 5X5 to get rank bonus.

His jugs charge. magic again shut down. combat is a slaughter fest challenages continue and the rune priest is still standing the bsb causes a wound on the sorce but i loose 6 more long beards in retun taking down 4 i loose combat by 2 but hold. jugs and bsb go to town killing my rune priest in a challenage and 6 iron breakers (it would have been alot worse if not for the ward and armour) i kill 1 jug in return i loose by 6 meaning i need 4 just in range of bsb but much to my luck 3 on first attempt.

my turn IB charge flank of warriors warriors charge flank of jugs and movement from other warriors and gyro towards jugs IB and LB finish off in a bloody combat the warriors and lvl 4. the jugs loose 3 with standard and bsb left warriors loose 3 IB loose 6 IB but win he stands and we call it.

all in all a great game the armour piercing was very helpfull and the surviability was great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Awesome im glad you won against that heavy magic list! glad to see it worked out

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I was surprised how well it did I got lucky with some rolls but that 5++ on iron breakers is amazing really keeps them fighting the long beards suffered a bit with only a 4+6++ compared to 3+5++. The magic phases were very locked down maybe 1 spell getting through and then they did I had a 4++ which was great my army was mostly 3+5++ all the time I just wish I could have more iron breakers lol. In short my friend was annoyed but it wasn't his usual chaos force he usually rolls with two blocks of halberd nurgle guys 2 units of 4 jugs trolls with his unbeatable bsb and a lvl 4 so he said he will roll that out next time might need some flaming attacks. So could be interesting encounter I have a feeling I won't fair as well that's a lot to counter :s

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

flaming can be easy to get on any of our artillery in our army, i know you dont want to field and of it due to its vunerability but tbh if you field just one organ gun with rune of burning (only 5 pts)and accuracy you can easily deal with his regen units. This is what im thinknig of doing with my organ gun

Organ gun-rune of accuracy, rune of burning, master engineer

now i will be fielding 2 or so cannons along with the engineer so in your case a normal engineer will probably be more benificial but dor about 160 points your getting a death dealing machine that is basically BS5. if you give it a M.Engineer you can even re roll one artillery dice. its a bit pricy but its a sure fire way of blowing up those regen units. or you can go with a grudge thrower with the same loadout and do the organ guns job to a lesser extent. idk if you have points for that but its somthing to consider at higher points!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123