3000 point dwarf list NEW** - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

3000 point dwarf list NEW**

ok so i got a hold on the new dwarf book and i wrote up a "first list" with them. overall im not too impressed by it only because i feel it is severly lacking in anti magic. i want to hear peoples advice on this ist and ideas of how i can make the list better! any advice would be greatly welcomed and appreciated, anyway im definatly missing a lot of the old rules with antimagic, anvil of doom, and runes. anyway heres the list!

3000 Point Dwarfs

Lords and Heroes: Lord with Great Weapon, Master Rune of Gromil, Rune of Iron, Rune of Fortitude, Rune of Warding x2 271p

Master Engineer 70p

Thane with Battle Standard, Shield, Master Rune of Grungi, Rune of Sanctuary x2 180p

Runesmith with Shield, and Rune of Spelbreaking 88p

Runesmith with Shield, Rune of the Furnace, and Rune of Spellbreaking 93p

Core: 30 Dwarf Longbeards with Shields and Full Command 420p

30 Dwarf Warriors with Great Weapons and Full Command 330p

Special: Cannon with Rune of Forging 145p

Cannon with Rune of Forging and Rune of Burning 150p

Gyrocopter with Steam Gun 80p

Gyrocopter with Steam Gun 80p

28 Hammerers with Full Command with Master Rune of Valaya 487p

30 Ironbreakers with Full Command 450p

Rare: Organ Gun with Rune of Accuracy and Rune of Burning 150p

Total: 2994p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you complain about anti magic if your not even taking a rune lord? He gets great armor and with an extra wound and toughness he gets pretty survivable. This still leaves you runes for the rune of Ballance you didn't take. Whicever unit he's in gets free Mr2 and armor piercing. That might be a little more than what a your Super D lord will get you in the long run.

I think the rune of Ballance is a pretty good buy. Works in both phases so 1 free dice a turn.

I think if you can spread enough Mr through out you can let most of the magic missiles go and focus on dispelling hexes and buffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

the problem with magic resistance is that each point in it only provides +1 to your ward save against magic missiles. even at MR 2 your only getting a 5+ ward against a specific type of spell and most people i know go for lore of beasts or lore of light. i can see where combining MR could be good with the master rune of grungi but even so i don't know if its worth buying the rune lord over a smith for one extra magic resist. Rune of balance is ok.. but its only on a 4+ and dwarfs dont have any magic to cast unless they have an anvil of doom which i dont. It still might be worth the chance of getting a dispel dice every turn but i don't like the 50% odds on it. im still working on the list and ill see what i can do as far as MR goes but in my experience magic tears dwarfs a new one unless you build against it and this new book doesnt give us nearly as much dispel power as our last book did. i like the improvements on the army as a whole though and eventually i will find a good counter against heavy magic armies i just dont know what it is atm.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

i don't believe a rune lord a rune priest does the same at a fraction of the cost also if your taking grungi you cant take the 2 runes of sanctuary. As for the MR combined with the grungi it works well as you get a good defence against magic missiles which means you can concerntrate on dispelling the hexs and buffs. As for defence 3 rune priests 2 with spell breaking 1 with balance all rune of stone and shield and the banner of vayala. In terms of magic defence thats +4 to all dispels, 3 chances to channel, 1 chance to steal a diec and 2 dispel scrolls for those bad spells you just have to stop and ofc a 4++ (with banner of grungi) against any direct damage spells.

Your lord could be harder i run mine (only at large games and alot of my dwarf games are proxied atm) rune of iron 2 runes of fortiude (or the other way round can't remember atm) and the 4++, shield bearers and great weapon this build gives you a Str 6, Tough 7, 6 wounds 4 attacks (plus 2 from the bearers) 2+ 4++ he will go toe to toe with the best ive had a blender vamp lord have such a tough time against him and a heavy kitted chaos lord. he will often win through sheer stubboness (as all dwarfs should).

Considering the size of the game though you look a little light on the unit front. In my experiance (from my 5 recent games) the long beards need to be more at this points level 30 struggle at 2000pts.

All in all i like the list a few tweeks here and there and your good. The only thing i would ask is are you marching forward or waiting for your opponant?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

thank you for the reply, i guess it really depends on what kind of army im fighting against because i have no problem castling up. actually come to think of it my army doesnt really move a whole lot, maybe the odd 3 inches or reform to get a better charge next turn but thats usually about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I like it its got alot going on a few tweeks and have a go with that lord in a game sometime i swear you will not be dissapointed. i know you have the engineer for the organ gun i also feel you have to many points on your cannon sure its great to avoid a misfire but those points are better spent else were its all personal prefrence at the end of the day i have thoughoughly enjoyed my shield wall list at 2k and my lord at 2.5k and my last game 3K was 2 units of 29 (30 with rune priest) iron breakers 1 unit of 28 (32 8x4 with than lord and rune priest) hammeres 2 units of 30 gw warriors 2 gyros my lord thane and 3 rune priests and 2 organ guns very effetive i just wish my whole army was iron breakers i am actually thinking of having a themed under world army

But in short the list looks good go and try it

p.s if you castle up have you thought about great weapon quarellers?
    Last edited by d_k_patt; March 18th, 2014 at 17:14.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

quarrelers have never really been my thing to be honest, ive tried an army of them with a gunline last edition and although they did ok, it was the warmachines that did all the damage, plus you either have to put them in ranks of 5 and lose out on a bunch of xbow shots or reform them as soon as the enemy gets in range which also makes them lose a turn of shooting. they are good as a support unit for flank charges and so forth but are expensive and i can get great weapon warriors for 6 less pts per model that do pretty much the same thing. idk it definitely something to keep in mind for later (as i currently own some quarrelers). also i think that idea of an underway army would be fantastic! maybe add some miner units in there at higher points for some flanking! there are so many models and units i would like to take as a dwarf general but unfortunately i only have so many points to spend my love for cannons in too much. Normally i wouldn't put the runes of forging on my cannons with this book being hard on war machines but at the same time i cant count the times that reroll has saved me in battle. Killing something after ur first roll turns up a misfire makes me think "man im really glad dwarf shooting is reliable" knowing me i would fail way to many misfires and my cannons would destroy themselves.

PS: im currently working on painting up my forces because ive never had a flly painted dwarf unit before that wasn't a lord or a warmachine. im almost done with the first unit and i think ill post it up here when im done with my hammerers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I have found that painting 1000pts for battle brothers very effective for getting forces done. Yeah my list is almost under army already lol

+ Reply to Thread