<3000 Dwarf 3000 point needs advice / help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Dwarf 3000 point needs advice / help

3000 point dwarf list NEW** moved to the right place

ok so i got a hold on the new dwarf book and i wrote up a "first list" with them. overall im not too impressed by it only because i feel it is severly lacking in anti magic. i want to hear peoples advice on this ist and ideas of how i can make the list better! any advice would be greatly welcomed and appreciated, anyway im definatly missing a lot of the old rules with antimagic, anvil of doom, and runes. anyway heres the list!

3000 Point Dwarfs

Lords and Heroes: Lord with Great Weapon, Master Rune of Gromil, Rune of Iron, Rune of Fortitude, Rune of Warding x2 271p

Master Engineer 70p

Thane with Battle Standard, Shield, Master Rune of Grungi, Rune of Sanctuary x2 180p

Runesmith with Shield, and Rune of Spelbreaking 88p

Runesmith with Shield, Rune of the Furnace, and Rune of Spellbreaking 93p

Core: 30 Dwarf Longbeards with Shields and Full Command 420p

30 Dwarf Warriors with Great Weapons and Full Command 330p

Special: Cannon with Rune of Forging 145p

Cannon with Rune of Forging and Rune of Burning 150p

Gyrocopter with Steam Gun 80p

Gyrocopter with Steam Gun 80p

28 Hammerers with Full Command with Master Rune of Valaya 487p

30 Ironbreakers with Full Command 450p

Rare: Organ Gun with Rune of Accuracy and Rune of Burning 150p

Total: 2994p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I keep coming back to your list thinking of something to say, but it just seems generally like a well rounded list.

I would get rid of Ro Sanctuary for something more useful on the bsb. If there is a Rune Smith in the unit they already get MR1, and only through runes is it cumulative. Although it does boost your ward alongside MRo Grungni, its only against magic missiles which I find few people actually use in favour of hexes and buff spells.

I worry about my Hammerers being the soft part of my army, and have contemplated swapping them out for IB. They only have a 5+ save (as some gobo has obviously nicked the gromril they should have been given), and your not going to get to use a shield in combat for the 5++ parry if you bought it for a 4+ save from ranged attacks. Boosting their armour is about the only thing I would take an anvil for these days but as that out of the question I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. You do have a warrior unit that is equally as week, but at over 150pts more expensive I think I would be shooting most things I had at the Hammerers.

At least you can counter this thanks to the love the gyrocopter got in this edition. I always used to take one anyway in the last ed over an organ gun, but now they are affordable and still good, the multiple fast movers can be used if for nothing else, to draw away attention from your hammerers.

like I said, not a lot I can find to comment on as its all conjecture to how you play and what opponents you come up against. Maybe spend your remaining points on a gw or RO stone for your engineer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

thank you for the reply! im gonig to change a few small things here and there to give me more points to work in some side stuff but i think the list is pretty solid overall and is as good as it will get as far as MR is concerned because im just gonig to have to get used to magic tearing me apart again . hopefully i can kill the wizards before that happens.

+ Reply to Thread