<2000 1500 pts vs Lizards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts vs Lizards

Hello,

this is my take on a 1500 pts list vs lizards. I really wanted to squeeze in there somehow some quarrellers but couldn't manage that so I upped the number of hammerers / warriors.

Runelord - 218
    MRoB +RoSx2 + Shield

Thane - BSB - 164
    MRoV

Runesmith - 91
    RoStone + RoSpellbreaking x1 + Shield

32 Warriors with full command 382
    GW + Shield

23 Hammerers with full command 352

2x Organ Gun 145 /150
    Rune of Accuracy x2 / Rune of Burning

I love organ guns and how powerful they are thus, I got two of them. I don't want to / won't change them in my list but anything else I am accepting as input. I have tried several times fielding a cannon and each time bar one ... I found them useless (That one time I was playing with empire and the cannon ball bounced over a hill on top of the head of a lvl 4 sorcerers).

My plan is to keep my formations tight, on one side hammerers on the other warriors, between them the 2 organ guns. The runesmith/lord will be each in one of the 2 units while the BSB will be in another, thus having magic resistance and a lot of armour piercing weapons. (Don't think that AP will matter though as I will be fighting lizardmen). The strategy is to wait for him to come to me as he is faster and shoot him to death while he approaches. When he is near me... I either charge or wait for him to charge and counter charge with the other unit. Thoughts ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, considering this forum is dead I will post some small things I noticed with my list for other people looking for list advice.

I removed the runesmith and added some more warriors / longbeards (instead of hammerers). I went against orcs which were low on magic so my runelord was rather useless (and the magic resists I had... ) because he had only a lvl 2 wizard...and 2 p. bad spells.

What I noticed is that, because I kept both my units really close together I managed to get double charges (or when he charged me he charged 2 units) and won all combats. I've ignored the goblins in the beginning with the organ guns to force him to roll LD tests, which he did and failed eventually. When I charged the Black Orcs I lost in the first round of combat 8 longbeards... leaving me with only 1 besides my runelord... but I killed ~19 Black orcs. 3+ with reroll / 2+ is pretty good.

Never break rank, stay close to your other troops. If you are going to lose a warmachine and the only chance is to break from the front line.. don't do it because it will leave a big gap open and because of the MS ...you will lose a lot of turns to get back.

+ Reply to Thread