<2000 2K New Dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2K New Dwarves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K New Dwarves

Heroes
    Thane
    BSB, Shield

Rune Smith
    Great Weapon

Rune Smith
    Great Weapon

Core
    24 Warriors [6X4]
    Great Weapons, Veteran

24 Warriors [6X4]
    Great Weapons, Veteran

Special
    18 Ironbreakers [5X4] [BSB Thane, Runesmith]
    Full Command

19 Ironbreakers [5X4] [Runesmith]
    Full Command, Rune of Battle

15 Hammerers
    Standard, Master Rune of Stromni Redbeard

Grudge Thrower

Rare
    Organ Gun
    Rune of Forging

Flame Cannon

Tactics: Grudge Thrower sets up to the back. Hammerers setup in front of Grudge Thrower. Iron Breakers setup forward and to either side of Hammerers. Warriors set up back and on outer flanks of Ironbreakers. Organ Gun sets up where enemy heavy armored guys are and Flame cannon sets up where enemy horde guys are.

Ironbreakers are anvil units, Hammerers and Warriors are hammer units. The banners and BSB give +3 static combat resolution to each Ironbreaker unit. Ideally I flank with the Warriors once the Ironbreakers are charged, and bail out whichever unit is getting overwhelmed with the Hammerers.

Grudge Thrower targets ranged units.

C&C welcome.

Last edited by LiefBlackclaw; June 9th, 2014 at 15:49.
    "Surround yourself with the greatest warriors at your command, or cower in the deepest and darkest hole you can find. It matters not. I shall take your head for the Great Khan and for the Emperor!" Kor'sarro Khan White Scars 3rd Compnay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

It all depends on your local meta for unit sizes, but generally we go for big and few where I play. You don't get the flexibility that you might do with smaller units, but they play to the current rules better. 40k is better suited for the smaller units were you can take advantage of the terrain blocking line of sight, where fantasy your best off going big to help weather the storm of missiles and combat.

Core isn't bad, but I would like to see those units at least 30 strong if not 40 in a horde formation. if you go for one unit of 40, then you can afford split your points elsewhere, maybe a missile unit or two, which are always handy to guard flanks and war machines.

Same with the elites, not enough in each unit. You could get away with it if you have banner Rune MRo Groth One Eye which makes units in 12" stubborn, so when you get into combat ranks wont matter so much , but I prefer bigger units, and the best way to protect them on the way in is by giving your BSB a Runic banner.

Give your BSB MRo Grungni, so he has a personal 4+ ward save, and units within 6" have a ward from range and missile attacks of 5+. (units with a rune smith in also gain the benefit of the magic res, so against Magic Missiles their ward is bumped up to 4+). This should shelter 3 units moving in unison, and make your BSB more survivable.

You want to be looking at the very least 30 IB and really 30 Hammerers in each unit. If you want another elite unit you can always swap out the warriors and make them longbeards.

One of your Rune Smiths has to be the army general so get him a ward and a decent armour save. You should also take Ro Spellbreaking on each RS, and either boost one to a second level Ro Spellbreaking or combine it with another talisman rune to make it legal for both characters to have them. Just slap Ro Stone on the second Rune Smith to boost his save.

Grudge thrower needs to be runed or don't bother at all. Ro Accuracy for the reroll, and Ro Penetration for extra Strength is the advantage of our stone throwers, and is going to help with those armoured units now that it doesn't ignore armour like it used to. But to be honest, if your just going for taking out enemy ranged units you are better off with a cannon. its more accurate, and more likely to kill what it hits. just make sure to give it a rune to help it along its way.

Might as well put Ro Accuracy on the Organ gun for increased BS now you have to roll to hit. I have been using two of these together for best results as chances are something goes wrong or you don't roll high enough when you need to.

Drop the Flame cannon out for a second organ gun. I like flame cannons, but I would rather have two organ guns and then take a flame cannon if I had the points left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around my area we play elite units 20-25 and fodder units 30-35. Plus there are a lot of Elf, Beastmen, and Warriors players that don't run heavy magic lists.

I have found that 20 Ironbreakers with the combat res support can hold long enough for me to get those great weapon units into flanks.

I have noticed other army lists here don't field a whole lot of troops. I mean I am running 103 infantry.

I do understand that Dwarfs thrive in static combat, and this list was intended to take a charge and crush whatever charged me.

Thanks for the feedback.
    "Surround yourself with the greatest warriors at your command, or cower in the deepest and darkest hole you can find. It matters not. I shall take your head for the Great Khan and for the Emperor!" Kor'sarro Khan White Scars 3rd Compnay

+ Reply to Thread