<3000 Dwarfs 2400 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dwarfs 2400

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Dwarfs 2400

DWARFS 2400

600 QUARRELERS + GW + SH x 38 + FC

290 CANNON + RUNE FORG x 2
    145 GRUDGE THROW + RUNE PENE + RUNE ACC
    80 GYROCOPTER

340 ORGAN GUN + RUNE ACC + RUNE FORG x 2
    255 IRONDRAKES x 12 + FLAG + TROLLTORP + STROLLAZ

93 RUNESMITH + SH + RUNE SPELLBREAK + RUNE STONE 93
    230 THANE BSB + O STONE + MRUNE VALAYA + 2RUNE SLOWNESS
    81 ENGINEER + GW + RUNE STONE
    286 DWARF LORD + GW + SH BEARERS + 2RUNE IRON + 3RUNE WARD + RUNE STONE

We donít really do tailored armies where I play - we just show up and see whoís up for a match rather than arrange a battle in advance.
    Iíve got plenty of models but have learned youíre better off with a handful of buffed war machines than with a swarm of standard ones.
    My Irondrakes failed last time because I held them in reserve. Next time Iíll vanguard them into range and get a couple of shots off before tar-pitting the enemy, with the gyrocopter to support them. If I had more Gyro models Iíd use them -it was extremely useful and fun last time.
    Between the runesmith and rune of Valaya I should be able to shut down enemy magic and with the rune of slowness hope to delay chargers to face another withering round of shot.
    The engineer/organ gun combo is pricey but they shred anything made of meat. Such organ guns focus enemy attack, thatís why the spare one.
    With such a deathstar core unit I expect Iíll need the Oathstone.

The big question is the Dwarf Lord when Iím so low on units. Iíd like to field something to back up the quarrelers block, preferably hammerers but my other characters are pretty wimpy and need help.
    Should I just switch him down a little and get some standard warriors? What would you do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

The organ gun is 25 pts over its allotment for runes and also the rune of forging x2 isn't a thing so thats some wasted points. Also you do know on an oath stone your bsb has to challenges and he has not protection other than a 4+ armour, why did you not give him a shield? The master rune of Grungi is better for a BSB and if you want Valaya take some hammerers and have at it. Also try giving the lord the rune of fortitude instead of the rune of stone. You also seam to have a very large unit of x bows and I can't see it working that well. Even with GWs they are only S5 and vs enough enemy shooting/ magic they should drop like bricks. Also why no musician on the Iron drakes? They need it to shoot every place. They are also too small for a tarpit and too expensive too.
    I don't know your local meta but it must be on the friendly side, this list besides being illegal is not very optimized.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Close, but beat.

Thanks,
    Donít know how I missed that. Rune of accuracy came off one of the two Organ Guns and one of the two cannons got a rune of burning. BSB got a shield, Lord got a pistol. I dropped 8 quarrelers and got 10 long beards with a flag. Irondrakes got a muso for fast reform.
    Ended up taking on High Elves. This may not be the place for battle reports but I doubt thereís anybody at all reading, soÖ
    The Irondrakes didnít need Vanguard this time, moving straight into a small tower and holding it easily for the whole game. They shot up and fought 20 Seaguard down to about 7, and held off 10 archers losing only a single model. The elf big guys stayed out of range of the drake guns so the troll torp was wasted on the Seaguard. Irondrakes stick around and they can fight, but 255 pts is a lot to pay for an elite shooting unit thatís going to miss most of the time. Not sure about these guys.
    The cannons -on my flanks- sniped out BOTH elf bolt throwers in turn 1, then battered a griffon and an eagle before being lost to Reavers and the eagle.
    The grudge thrower fired once and missed, then misfired before being taken by Reavers. Even pimped out with runes, G throwers are down to their third strike with me. It better perform next game or Iím dropping it.
    The gyrocopter rushed to my right flank after a cannon and the G thrower fell, and held 2x 5 reavers for the rest of the game killing 8 of them. I only used the steam gun once. Can that be used in close combat? I really like my Gyro -it performed beautifully last game too, strafing hell out of Empire. I could spend my whole 50% on cannons and these guys, they may be a game changer.
    Organ guns did well despite rolling DOUBLE misfires, TWICE. My opponent refused to let me re-roll BOTH dice, both times. He ďletĒ me re-roll ONE dice each time -for number of hits, and not have to roll on the misfire table. Dick. They still shredded the unit the elf general was in but I should have focussed them on the other unit -sword masters.
    Valaya + Runesmith barely slowed his L2 & L4 casters down. You were right about the BSB -too squishy, but RUNE OF SLOWNESS did exactly what I wanted causing a failed charge 3 inches out from the quarrelers. He was lucky my OGís crapped up, since he had to wear BOTH point blank in the face for an extra turn, then I CHARGED HIM. The idea had been to pull the 30 quarrelers from 2x15 into a 3x10 horde (with all the characters) before being charged, but it didnít work out that way.
    My general lacked punch but would have lasted forever had all his mates not been butchered once the sword masters got in. (ASF with re-rolls!!? WTF!!? Plus ward saves just for casting a spell!! Why aint I playing elves!?)
    The longbeards held the pre-thumped griffon rider on the center right flank and may have taken him but by then my general had been overrun and I was over it.
    I usually play Chaos Warriors and I got into Dwarfs because I wanted to have shooting for a change. Loads of shooting. But Iím doing something wrong and I bet it has to do with the Quarrelers.
    Whatís the best way to do Quarrelers? Runed up Organ Guns and Gyrocopters are my Must-Haves for any Dwarf army, plus runed cannons of course. What are yours?
    N

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Well it sounds like a hell of a fight. Sword masters don't get re-rolls so that is a big deal. The organ guns just got unlucky, happened to me yesterday with my empire helblasters.
    I have never liked xbows on anything. I always go for the gun. In one of my 2400 list I have 4 units of 10 Thunderers with banner, musician and shields for my core and 45 Hammerers for special. I go for the T7, W6, 2+, 4++ Lord with a great weapon, two Rune Smiths with anti magic jazz and BSB with shield, Master Rune of Gungi and two runes of battle. The Hammerers also have full command, shields and the Master Rune of Valaya. I know this list if a bit off with no war machines but it does well.

I think you should drop the Grudge Thrower if its not doing well and I would split the unit of Xbows in to two units of 14 with shields for core and fill the rest in with long beards.
    Once this is done I would say keep the rest the same if not bulk the long beards and the iron drakes up a bit to make for more formidable combat.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

+ Reply to Thread