<2000 2000 friendly unfinished - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Well thought it only fair to pop on and tell you guys how the list fared.

6 X 4 vs Ogres.

His list consisted of 4 mourn fang, a Iron-blaster and a gut star 15 iron guts and a fire belly, slaughter master and BSB.

For the most part I was lucky and got first turn. Ancestral grudged a 3 for character v character hatred.

From the outset I considered the gut star the largest threat and moved to counter this. Mainly I deployed and moved to interpose one of the warrior units in front of the star and some what in front of the hammerers.

Shooting started with a cannon miss fire 10 from the back of the Iron Blaster. Luckily forging gave me a 6 on the reroll and a bounce of 4. Rolled a 6 to pop all its wounds off. The mourn fang took a wound from the range increased thunderers. Organ gun popping another 2 off after rolling an 8 and a misfire.

In their turn they came barreling on casting regen on the gutstar which I failed to dispell and a level 2 fireball that knocked out 3 hammerers. 4 pistol shots between the riders and star unit taking another.

Back to my turn and I began to move my hammerers to a side position with the warriors still in front. Second unit of warriors with the runesmith moved to position themselves between the cav and my thunderers.

Shooting was a mix of good and disappointing. Burlokkson rolled a 1 and the thunderers could not get their re-roll to hits, a disapointing to hit roll resulting in a further wound only on the cav. The cannon I sent 10 from the back of the second row in the ogre bunker where the characters are hidden. Rolled enough to get 4 ranks but on the first d6 wound roll I got a 2 and the ball went no further. The organ gun proving much more fruitful in inflicting 5 wounds on the unit after regen popping 2 models.

After this it was their turn again and on came the charges. An 11 from the cav took them into the warriors on their side and the star rolled a 10" charge into the other warrior block. Now for the fun part. Magic saw a low roll and luckily no spells went off.

The cav took down 11 warriors in their attack phase and in return the warriors killed out another rider and a extra wound and held with steadfast. The other warrior block did not fair as well and lost 18 models after impact hits, breath weapon and attacks. They took down an ogre and a wound in their combat in response. Its now that my opponent was not so pleasantly surprised to find them stubborn thanks to groth one eye. They hold them in place and I get my go in response.

Movement saw the hammerers move around and wheel a bit to target the flank of the ogres. Thunderers shuffeled a bit to give them a better position slightly farther away since they were unable to shoot that turn. Combat brought down another 7 warriors v the cav and in response we reduce the cav to a model on a wound. Gogo steadfast again. Gutstar combat took the unit down to a single model! man o man am I loving stubborn from groth one eye haha! Took out another 2 ogres before this happened.

My turn started with a charge to the flank of the star with the hammerers. Combat with the first warrior unit finished off the cav and left the unit with 8 models. They pivoted towards the the star combat. The main combat saw the last warrior die off and the hammerers lose 6 men. In response the hammerers doubled up and inflicted 10 into the star and two on the slaughter master. Boom failed their leadership on a 9 first then a re-roll to a mighty 11! cue the 3 inch run with the hammerers catching them with a 7.

And thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Sorry if its a bit rough but I have not written a battle report before but the game went fairly quick ending turn 3. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Fallen Autarch; October 3rd, 2014 at 19:59.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Well done mate. I hate gut stars with a passion, you seam to of used your list well and the dice gods always help.
    Good win, keep it up!
    Lucas
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Sounds good he was silly not to combat reform to face the hammers but we'll played.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12