Ask a Longbeard - Page 29 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ask a Longbeard

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Every list, I would say no. 1000pts and less I wouldn't bother. 1500pts, I would be taking a Runesmith (or cheap Rune Lord) as the general, and then a Thane BSB. Anything around and above 2000pts most defiantly.

Thanes don't have that many strings to their bow, other than to add a few good attacks or if you want to wound block a challengeable character. So if I take a thane I make him into a bsb.

Generally you are better off with just a normal standard and spend points on runes to keep him alive, considering you cant have runes on both the banner and items. I tend to go with MRo Gromril for a 1+ save, 2x Ro Iron for a 5+ward, and Ro Cleaving to make him S5. Its bang on your maximum rune allowance but if you can afford it you should. If you have to drop the Wards. This guy comes in at 165pts off the top of my head.

2. LikeKing Ulrik Flamebeard liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Yeah I mainly play games at 2500pts so I would definitely be able to fit one in

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1264 (x8)

So I keep hearing about our +2 to dispel, but I can't for the beard of me find a place where this is specified. So any help in locating this rule would be appreciated.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnysd View Post
    So I keep hearing about our +2 to dispel, but I can't for the beard of me find a place where this is specified. So any help in locating this rule would be appreciated.
    BRB page 35 in the box. "Dwarfs and Dispelling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829