Thane builds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thane builds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thane builds

I am new to Dwarfs and I have proxied armies and gotten a few games under my belt so I have a pretty good grasp on the book. People at my local store play Fantasy games at 2,000 points. I have noticed that If I opt for a Lord as my general I end up cutting way too deep into my regiment sizes. So I have been running a Thane with shield, 3 Runes of Iron, and Rune of the Furnace in a unit of Hammerers. The idea is that the Thane gives the Hammerers LD 10 and tanks anyone in combat. At this level a 3 wound, toughness 6, armor save 3+, regen 5+, 5++/6++ parry, and 2++ vs fire (just in case anyone tries to get tricky) can hold his own in a fight. The Hammerers are the ones dealing all the damage anyway.

My question is. Does anyone run a Thane as their General at 2,000 and what build do you go for?

"Surround yourself with the greatest warriors at your command, or cower in the deepest and darkest hole you can find. It matters not. I shall take your head for the Great Khan and for the Emperor!" Kor'sarro Khan White Scars 3rd Compnay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let me rephrase my question. In general what builds do people run on thanes. I go with 3 runes of iron and rune of the furnace. If he's in a unit of ironbreakers I give him a great weapon so that unit has some high strength attacks. I give him a shield if he's with hammerers because they have all the high strength attacks they need.
    "Surround yourself with the greatest warriors at your command, or cower in the deepest and darkest hole you can find. It matters not. I shall take your head for the Great Khan and for the Emperor!" Kor'sarro Khan White Scars 3rd Compnay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Rune of Gromril, 3x rune of warding. Great weapon. Cheap, tanky and hitty. Stick him in a unit of hammerers, support with sheildbeards and add ranged support and runesmith.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Well I've been currently playing around with my BSB thane build, the favorite I found so far was 2x Ro Iron and a Mro gromril. Though with 3 wounds he is pretty good at sitting in a challenge round after round.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

+ Reply to Thread