Non gunline infantry army with few warmachines possible..? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Non gunline infantry army with few warmachines possible..?

So, I'm trying hard to think of what fantasy army to start now that my group is returning to fantasy and I like the looks of dwarves. But the whole "Spam cannons to win" dont seem very fun, so I was curious, Can you make a non gunline army, That dosent have many warmachines for a non competetive enviorment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Yes you can i made a cool shield wall army that was suprisingly effective. What you looking for? some range no range? hit hard? soak up? ofc by not taking range you will be taking yourself out of 2 phases of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well, I realy like the dwarf models but dont like tons of warmachines. So I was thinking mostly melee, With a few crossbows or rifles, Maybe one or two warmachines at most, And a gyro copter or two. I want a survivable force, That can deal damage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

What points level you looking to be playing in?

If you are going to get any range 2 organ guns both with cheap engineers (gw rune of stone) and rune of accuracy one will need a rune of burning after that core as long beards gw and 2 units of iron breakers 2 gyros one for each flank a rune priest for each unit again cheap (rune of stone gw the general one who goes in central long beards gets rune of stone 2 runes of fortitude the one that gives 5+ ward +1 tough) and and thane bsb gw master Rune of grungi gives all units in range a 5++ against shooting and combined with the priests a 4++ against damaging magic.

Force like this is about 2.5k

Hope this is helpful
    Last edited by d_k_patt; December 27th, 2014 at 22:55.

+ Reply to Thread