<2000 2k versus new lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k versus new lizardmen

In a few weeks i'll be facing the new lizardmen. Probs a slann; temple guard; saurus and at least one ancient steg. the game will be 2k points.

I'd like your opinion on this army list

General: Arch lector; barded warhorse; enchanted shield; heavy armor and van horsmann's speculum.
    Mage lord; level 4; Warhorse; dispel scroll.

Lords 416 pts

Battle standard bearer; full plate armor; barded warhorse; shield; lance.
    master engineer

Heroes 177 pts

16 inner circle Knights; full commad.
    10 archers

core 500 pts

Great cannon
    6 outriders + champion
    5 outriders + champion
    3 demigryphs

special 535 pts

steam tank
    hellblaster

rare 370 pts

total 1998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I like just about everything here except for a few little bits.

Get a Ward on your General and Wizard. They'll need them. Also, you could/should probably pull the Wizard off the Horse - where's he riding. If he's joining the Outriders you lose your Fast Cav rule.
    BSB would also like a Ward. You can get rid of the Master Engineer as well - he's not worth it with just one HBVG in the army.

Crossbows over Archers, especially against Lizardmen with their tough Saurus (Chaos-Warrior toughness and saves)
    Same reason, Knights want Greatweapons. You're going to be stuck in against Lizardmen for several rounds- their Templeguard are Unbreakable when carrying the Slann, so you need more than 1-turn hitting power.

Outriders vs. Demis
    More Demis. Shooting is good, but you are going Knight-Bus down the center and have a very fast army. You need stuff that can provide a real threat in CC and block enemy units from flanking your Knights once you're stuck in. I would drop a block of Outriders in favor of another block of Demis. Maybe use a few saved points somewhere to boost the Outriders up in number rather than fielding a full second unit of 5 (eight is better than six, but cheaper than ten)

Rare - you have a fast army, so I'm not sure what you'll get from the HBVG, but it's a solid warmachine either way. The STank is nasty as ever, make sure to remember to move forward with it rather than just sitting back with the Steam Cannon. If that's your plan, you may as well save points and just field a cannon. I've seen lots of players make that mistake - lobbing shells down range on the first one or two turns and forgetting to move, and then they don't get the tank into combat until T4 or even later.

Should be a decent army, but be prepared for a hard game. If you've ever fought against Chaos Warriors, that's what you should expect to face with Lizards. Lizards are slower and have a poorer WS, and although that won't make much of a difference in your game, it means that they're a fair bit cheaper than Warriors, so you should expect to see more of them. Their magic is also very good, obviously.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with what Cap said, but.
    Change out the arch lector for a warrior priest, then give him every thing the lector had, the enchanted shield could be switched for the seed of rebirth, if you go with the seed then give him a shield.
    Then give the BSB the obsidian lodestone 4++ against magic to the whole unit of knights, and give the wizard the talisman of protection so he has a 3++, and honestly I would leave him on his horse, add barding, in with the knights and lore of life, and give him the ruby ring of ruin, or the ring of volans if you want to chance it.
    After that dump the archers and add another knight then give the knights the wailing banner on their own standard, that should keep you at 25% core.
    Then go for the demis.
    I would probably also switch out the outriders for pistoliers, because the repeater handgun is move of fire so they cant shoot if they use any of their wonderful fast cav rules.
    hope some of this is useful good luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

For the Outriders - it really depends on what you want from them. It's worth noting that if you're looking to include shooting in your army, Outriders are markedly better than Handgunners. Consider:

+ Outriders get 3x multiple shots. Multishot is -1BS. Outriders have BS4.
    - 3 Handgunners are at BS3, and cost 6pts more than a single Outrider.

+ Outriders can use their Vanguard move to get forward early in the game, and if they began on their own DZ edge they can threaten the very back of the table.
    - Handgunners on the DZ edge cant even hit the enemy deployment zone without spending a turn moving.

+ Outriders benefit from a 5+ save for free

If your Core is already filled, and you want to include S4AP shooting, Outriders are much better than Handgunners.
    Outriders are not Pistoliers, and the two units fill entirely different roles in the game. Outriders move into good shooting positions (if they need to advance at all) with Vanguard, and then start rattling off shots into the enemy. Believe me when I say that this is highly effective.
    Pistoliers are great at doing what most FastCav does - getting mixed into the enemy, canceling enemy chaff, and redirecting the foe. Pistoliers usually get the axe in my list before the Outriders though, because while chaff is nice, Empire has Detachments and/or Bowmen to do the same thing.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all;

Battle has been done; changed the following based on your comments:

*Archers were changed to X-bowmen at the cost of one outrider.

Battle was a brutal thing. he fieded: 2 regiments of saurus (one horde of 35 warriors w/ hero and 14 temple guard + slann); one ancient steg and one kroxiskink unit.

My cannon\stank killed the steg turn one. Other shooting killed some saurus. the slann magicked outriders to death.
    On turn 3; I triple-charged the horde of saurus with my Knights; dem's and tank; killing all but 5 of them. Then he revealed the crown of command on his hero (that I just couldn't kill with my Knights) and made his leadership test. My cannon immediately proceeded to blow itself up.

This made sure my 2 fighty regiments were stuck and were counter-charged by his kroxy-skinks in the flanks and quickly ran off. The Knights were killed; while the demi's fled out of range. Fortunately; I was able to kill off his saurus and hero with the Knights before that happened. Next turn; my demi's rallied and the steam tank exploded; killing a few more skinks. My hellblaster killed most of the kroxy-skinks and the X-bowmen did the rest.

Next turn; the slann used the signature spell from the lore of metal to kill off the demigryps; walked between worlds to place his temple guards in front of my hellblaster. I had one turn of shooting and killed too few temple guard to make a difference. Next turn; the TG+slann would charge my hellblaster and magic my x-bowmen to death; so I conceded.

.... blasted Crown of Command....

+ Reply to Thread