<3000 2500 pts Fun List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

2500 pts Fun List

Wizard Lord
    Level 4: Life. Dispel Scroll
    -225-

Wizard Lord
    Level 3: Light: Sceptre of Stability
    -180-

CaptainCloak of Ulric, Great Weapon, Full Plate
    -122-

Warrior Priest
    Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon
    -120-

Swordsmen x25
    Full Command

-205-
    Detachment: 12 Archers
    -84-

CaptainArmor of Meteroric Iron, Great Weapon, BSB
    -141-
    Warrior Priest
    Talisman of Preservation, Additional Hand Weapon
    -112-
    Spearmen x40
    Full Command
    -230-
    Detachment: 20 Handgunners
    -160-
    Detachment: 20 Halberdiers
    -120-

Pistoliers x5
    Musician
    -110-

Pistoliers x5
    Musician
    -110-

Outriders x5
    Musician
    -115-

Outriders x5
    Musician
    -115-

Demigryph Knights x3
    -174-

Demigryph Knights x3
    -174-

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hi, I am going to get on with what I think could be better. 40 Spear men= victory points for the enemy, 25 swordsmen don't have the ranks to hold and archers are possibly the worst choice in our book after spear men. The cavalry looks good to me but you have sunk so many points on the lords/heroes that the units are suffering for it. I know you have this up as a fun list but getting beaten badly in 3/4 turns is never fun. I don't know what models you have, but if you can increase the swords to 40+ and swap the spears for 50+ halberds and you only need on warrior priest and captain for the army and one wizard really. I would go for an arch lector and lvl 4 for the lords and a captain for the heroes.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Like Lucas, I understand that this is a fun list. And to that end I say: take or leave whatever you like from my post, but if you wanted to make this army as competitive as possible, here's the way forward. Think of it as a sliding scale between what you have now (which I agree with Lucas, is probably going to get rocked) and the top of the line for Empire.
    It's also worth noting that I for one consider Empire to be a "fun" army right from the outset. They are not awesome, they have a hard time writing cheese into the list unless you absolutely spam the everloving daylights out of Demigryphs. So keeping what you've got for a base-line, here are my thoughts:

Wizard Lord
    Level 4: Life. Dispel Scroll
    Wizard Lord
    Level 3: Light: Sceptre of Stability
    No way are you going to have enough powerdice to support a pair of Lord-Casters. If you want to dual-cast, I suggest grabbing a Lord-Light, and a L2-Light with a Scroll. Boom, you've got yourself half a Light Coven. If you want to be really pants, take three L2s and instead run your Lord choice as a Warrior Priest.

Captain Cloak of Ulric, Great Weapon, Full Plate
    Why Cloak of Ulric over a normal Ward? Where is his Shield or Greatweapon/Halberd (seriously, pick one).

Warrior Priest
    Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon
    Nice. Nothing wrong here, move along.

Swordsmen x25
    Full Command
    More. -1 model for every character deployed with the unit. Swordsmen hold the line, and with the Priest and Captain they're really solid. The Captain especially for 'Hold the Line'. You get that, plus enough ranks to keep yourself Steadfast, and then you plow those Demigryphs into the flanks of whatever you're swinging at.

Detachment: 12 Archers
    Why Archers, and why a shooting detachment at all? You can deploy these kinds of detachments as drops instead, and help to win the deployment game.

CaptainArmor of Meteroric Iron, Great Weapon, BSB
    Ward. Save. Somewhere. Holding that flag is like painting a bullseye on your chest.

Warrior Priest
    Talisman of Preservation, Additional Hand Weapon
    Greatweapon will serve you better than an additional attack with this guy. Just do it.

Spearmen x40
    Full Command
    Nope. Not ever. Halberds or Swords. Spears are god-awful.

Detachment: 20 Handgunners
    Crossbows for range, and understand that HGs/Xbows cannot move+fire, so you're locking your blocks in place by giving them worthwhile shooting detachments. My rule of thumb has always been that if I'm going to take a Shooting regiment, I take shooting detachments only to make it harder for small regiments of FastCav or Fliers to charge in and kill it off. It's nice when my entire gunline gets to shoot at anything that charges my gunline. However, for my Infantry, I try to avoid using ranged detachments.

Detachment: 20 Halberdiers
    Again, MORE. And this is where we get into the Detachment system for Empire. You see, you don't take two separate divisions with characters for each. You take one HUGE parent regiment of Halberdiers (because Halberds eat casualties for breakfast) and then you take small detachments of Swordsmen. Put your BSB and a Priest in the Halberds (pass the rules on to the Swords) and give one of them a Stubborn Hat (also passes on to the Swords). Now you've got two Stubborn bricks of Swordsmen, and a nice big block of Halberdiers (50 at the minimum) to handle all of your Core combat needs. Back them with Magic and they'll carry your line.

Pistoliers x5
    Musician

Pistoliers x5
    Musician
    Good.

Outriders x5
    Musician
    Outriders x5
    Musician
    Outriders cannot Move+Shoot, and therefore don't really need a musician. You shouldn't be using them like traditional bait-and-switch Fast Cavalry. If you don't give them Barding and make them "super handgunners" (because really: they're more effective than HGs for the points) then you Vanguard them forward into covered positions and start raining lead-death on anything that moves. Also, save yourself some Panic Tests and lump them into a big block of 10. They can fire in two ranks, don't worry. 15 shots does sod-all against almost everyone, so you'll end up doubling up your fire anyways. 30 shots on the other hand, can severely cripple an incoming regiment or wipe a Warmachine right off the table (and yes, it takes more than 15 shots to kill off a Warmachine, on average).

Demigryph Knights x3
    Demigryph Knights x3
    Get. Commands. Musicians at the very least, banners if you're feeling wealthy. I prefer lances on mine as well, for the Shield and the extra armor - the gryphs do most of the damage anyways, the Knight just has to hold on. Also, bigger regiments? Get to 4 if you can.

And that's that really.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I agree with cap drop out riders and get another demi for each unit and standard and Muscian.

Core I tend to go with knights and great weapons but I will go 50-60 halberds with priest and 2 big detachments. Pistols are great little units also I'd take a cannon or 2 for monsters but not necessary.

You have way to much in characters. Priests are great love them. Lvl 4 is good halberds supported by some light is juicy I do like the speed of light phas combo Ws 10 opponent -1 to hit usually has them hitting on 6.

Do give some thought to 11 inner circle knights with great weapons and a priest you need some strength 6 in the list and this could be achieved by dropping some characters.

+ Reply to Thread