<3000 First shot at a 2400 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First shot at a 2400 point list

Hey guys,
    This will be my first post on the forums in a number of years, and my first post in the Fantasy section. I have a number of orcs and goblins, and the island of blood, but I have a few Empire models that I never really got around to using properly. It's been a while since I've made any sort of list for playing, but I've always preferred making big lists, and working back from there to make smaller lists while i build up my army. So this is a 2400 point list I'm thinking of running in the future, it doesn't need to be overly cheesy, but it will need to hold its own at my local club. Any feedback is welcome, but I'd appreciate if it was kept somewhat constructive

Lords
    lvl 4 Wizard - (Light or Shadow) Channeling Staff, Talisman of Preservation - 260

Heroes
    Captain of the Empire - BSB, Shield, Armour of Destiny - 137
    Warrior Priest - Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Barded Warhorse, Talisman of Endurance - 118

Core
    39x Halberds - FC - 264
    10x Handgunners
    10x Handgunners
    15x Handgunners
    9 Knightly Orders - Great Weapons, Standard, Musician - 218

Special
    6x Demigryphs - Lances, Musician, Standard - 378
    Great Cannon
    Great Cannon
    10x Outriders - Musician

Rare
    Steam Tank

Total = 2400

So the main punch in the army will be the Demigryphs, and the Knights and Steam tank will probably take the other flank... I would mostly be playing against Wood Elves and Warriors of Chaos, but there would be other armies in the mix aswell... I don't have a scroll in there, but I could probably move points around if needed?

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hi mate.
    I like the bones of the list. A few things I would change would be to split the Demi's and outriders in half so you get more units/drops. The Demi's dont get better with a second rank as it's the birds doing the damage not the Knights.
    I would drop the armour of destiny on the BSB as full plate, enchanted shield and talisman of preservation makes him a lot harder to kill.
    The wizard hanging with the 15 gunners 8 wide is dead in combat anyway.
    The other thing I would do would be to use the 10 man gunner units as detatchments for the halberds.
    Use this army defensively and counter charge with the knights and birds.
    And any spare pts should go on some magic banners and upgrading the Knights to inner circle never hurts.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lucas,
    Thanks for the reply, I was starting to give up hope there for a while. Yeah i think i can manage to move around some points to make them inner circle, would be well worth it considering they'll be expected to do some serious heavy hitting. Would you have any other reccomendations for where to put the wizard? I have him in the 15 man gunner unit currently, but I'm open to suggestions on a better bunker for him? It's an awful lot of points to risk getting into combat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

With any army that can't have at least half decent combat mages I tend to keep them out of a unit following just behind or just in between two units. I would also go lore of shadow with this list as light is better on big co at units.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Hi there i hope i can help. I would go the route of

Arch lector (general) Skaven Helm, great weapon, barded steed cloak of ulric.
    Captain BSB, Full plate, Barded steed, Great weapon, talismen of presivation.
    Wizard level 4 light MR3 amulet.
    12 knights of the inner circle full command banner of displine 5X3 you put cap arch lector and full comand front rank and light in second thsi is your wrecking ball.

Big unit of armound 59 horde 6x10 halberds with priest in armour of metoric iron full comand thats you your core

Special 20 out riders 2 lots of 10 Thats 60 shots its devistating. Point for point better than hand gunners (4+ armour better bs and more shots)

2 units of 4 demis with standard only

Steam tank. If you have points left then get some cannons or if there is enough points another steam tank just be mean people mock the empire (shakes angry fist).

Hope this helps i have played this units many times and they will always shock your oppenant they always under estimate battle prayers, halbadiers with re rolls to hit and wound and a 5+ ward vary hard to shift. demis always lance and gw knights of the inner cirlcle supported by light is mad they get re rolls from hatered and get birons and speed of light and boom they tear through anything. and phas protection will help get you through even an organ guns determined fire. and the arch lector causes fear which is helpful.

best of luck

ohhh and one final point don't forget to bubble your light spells thats the strength of light magic
    Last edited by d_k_patt; March 24th, 2015 at 14:35.

+ Reply to Thread