<3000 2500pt Tournament List - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Yeah sorry to spoil your fun but a fully charged steam gun can be very effective.

no I take the demis aswell as steam tanks.

I take

Arch lector, Heavy armour, barded stead, great weapon, helm of the skaven slayer (cause fear and thus immune to) cloak of ulric (5++ and -1 to hit) and potion of fool hardiness.

Level 4 wizard light, barded steed, tali of endurance.

Captain, Peg, Full plate, Lance, Enchanted shield, Tali of presivation, BSB

15 Knights of inner circle Full command Banner of discipline great weapons All characters here wizard to second rank 6x3 loss of champ slims to 5 wide to keep wizard in in second rank gives general leadership 10.

12 hand gunners/ crossbows

12 hand gunners/ crossbows

5 outriders musician

5 outriders musician

4 demi knights standard

4 demi Knights standard

steam tank

steam tank

comes in bang on 2500pts.

I don't use this that often as its horrible this list loves light. getting my knights to ws 10 I 10 and asf extra attacks really is crazy good and you need 6's to then hit the arch lector. The demis are attached to the tanks to assist and be horrible it looses 30 shots on your list. The knights are I guess a little less effective than yours and with ony a 2+ don't weather the pain as much as 1+ but they dish it out and then some I haven't had them break yet but I don't think they have lost combat yet.

against nurgle did you use the priests flaming attacks spell against the beasts I love that I have steam rollered regen units because of that

Last edited by d_k_patt; May 26th, 2015 at 14:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Okay - I see what you've done. That list would certainly be evil. Possibly even more ugly than mine. Swapping the Knights to Lances wouldn't be a problem either, if you really did want the 1+ (it's a fight I'm having with myself - they aren't taking many casualties right now as it is - I lost 3 against the Dark Elves and that's the best anyone has done, except when I flanked them with Chaos Warriors)

I did attempt to use the Priests flaiming spell against the Beasts of Nurgle, but my opponent was having none of that, and quickly got rid of it. It's cool though, because my magic phase was able to keep him on his toes. It was especially bad since he only had a L2 to dispel with, so he was already forced to choose which spells to let off. Metal is less useful against Daemons, but I did manage to keep his Skull Cannon and Soul Grinder at bay with the threats of having their saves turned against them. And his choices were always either +1 to Hit for me, reroll Failed Wounds, or get smacked with Flaming Attacks.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

It's a horrible horrible list and I only use when I am asked to field something truly competitive in short that list has never lost I think it's drawn once in a club tournament but other than that in 27 matches wins every time.

The light magic is brilliant for this list most opponents will have to hit on 5's with speed of light.

Yeah for him it was important to block that as you would have destroyed that list I think metal is a good lore for empire my shooty empire list takes it. But when u am going to hammer in close combat it's light.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by d_k_patt View Post
    It's a horrible horrible list and I only use when I am asked to field something truly competitive in short that list has never lost I think it's drawn once in a club tournament but other than that in 27 matches wins every time.
    Yeah, it is evil. Three things really spurred me into trying this army;
    1) It was already very similar to a list that I was planning to run (College Guard steampunk army)
    2) It kicked the snot out of my Chaos Warriors army that I would normally run in tournaments
    3) I was cruising the web and saw someone rate Empire as one of the top-tier armies in the game.
    Seeing Empire ranked so highly was a real head-scratcher, although admittedly, I hadn't cracked the book open for quite a while. You also don't see very many Empire armies these days, which is a real shame, because I like everything about them and think that a well painted force is gorgeous on the tabletop.
    But I'm beginning to suspect that person was right - Empire are nasty, because they have answers to just about everything in the game, all 8 lores on very cheap casters, great buffs to their units from Priests/Lectors and Captains/Generals, and can throw a solid shooting phase at you with decent enough combat options to finish the job.
    When opponents comment on my list after the game, they tell me that the only way to beat it is to kill the Knights, and to kill the tanks. You can wipe out practically everything else on the table (like the Dark Elves nearly did) and still lose the game by a wide margin. There were so many times during the Dark Elf game that we all stood around the table wondering what move the DE player could make that wouldn't result in massed carnage. There really weren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by d_k_patt View Post
    Yeah for him it was important to block that as you would have destroyed that list I think metal is a good lore for empire my shooty empire list takes it. But when u am going to hammer in close combat it's light.
    I still wrecked that Daemons list, in the end. The other thing is that I do consider this a very "shooty" list, more than a combat one. The Knights don't need much help - I can get a charge where I'm hitting on 3's and rerolling, and hitting on 2's with the characters. I wound most stuff on a 2+ and can reroll that if I want as well. The STanks primary attacks don't roll to hit, so there's little need to buff them up. I considered Shadow, but my army is S4 shooting - it's Armor that gives me the most problems out of anything. And I like that Metal has lots of options to deal direct damage. Final Transmutation is also the most reliably lethal "kill a whole unit" spell out of all 8 lores of magic.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah your list is shooty but doesn't lack for punch up close. I just love demi gryphs lol.

I feel bad about fielding this list so I don't very often.

Metal is definitely the best lore for a shooty empire list I always take it with my shooty list.

You going to Play empire more?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Ps watch out for terror ghiest bane of the steam tank

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Yeah, no kidding. Although am I right in thinking that it counts as a chariot now, and therefore gets I3 against the Pit and such, and has WS3 in combat (as per the "crew" Engineer)?
    It doesn't have all the wonky rules about being immune to magic and "kind of a chariot, kinda not" that it had in the last book.

And yeah - I'll probably play my Empire list a bit more. I was using them as Samurai for the longest time, so I did get some games with straight Empire armies, on occasions that people declined to play against the Nippon book. I want to collect this army though - I have lots of good idea for conversions. Gotta see what happens with 9th though first, and finish up my Chaos army. And "rebuild" my Elves. And finish up my Bret army since I've been eyeballing them too. And maybe my Wood Elves now that they're book isn't terribad. Eventually I'll have to get around to polishing off the Vampire Counts and maybe updating to 'Undead' in general. Plus my O&G if I ever feel like putting 120 gobbos to use. And I've got a Dark Elf army that I bought for a song, and it needs some patching up. I also have this idea rattling around for building either Maori or a Voodoo/West-Indies Ogre army. Lots of projects, not a lot of money...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah I think for things that target characteristics it's the same as a chariot use the highest status at least that's how my club play it.

Yeah I enjoyed your nippon book I had one of my own years ago god knows what I did with it.

I am the same cap I have loads of projects my lists always start at the 1000pts mark as me and the wife do alot of battle brother tournaments. Between us we have every army except orcs and goblins. At the moment I have 4 armies at the 2500+ range dark elves, high elves, lizardmen and empire. I am currently expanding my ogres bret and vamps to 2500pts lots of buying and painting oh wait and my skaven lol.

What I like about empire is you can do just about anything with them in terms of conversion and fluff. My army is one that went to the south lands in search of treasure and found the remains of some lizardmen and now serve them and the god sotek has a very amazon look to it. My steam tanks are steam stegadons my demis are leopards (nice easy conversion saber tusk heads instead of the birds) and my knights just look plain amazing is I do say so myself lol. Problem is I have built so much not painted it though :o

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Those conversions could make a cool 'Knight's Panther' army, and they're even cannon in the fluff. Never thought of the Sabertusk-Gryph meld, that's pretty awesome. I have two Empire idea rattling, in addition to the Nippon/Empire cross. The first is the College Guard, or Nuln Black Company (fluff from the Tamurkhan book), or else to build a really solid Middenheim/Ulrican army. I want to swap the arms on my Knights for bare marauder arms, and use the Knight arms to make "hammer-men" instead of swordsmen. Plus the usual Cyberwolf-Demis counts-as and so forth. Basically the same list as this one, but much more combat focused - swapping the Handguns to Crossbows, and Outriders to either Swordsmen blocks or Demis, and then the Tanks to either Demis or just MORE STUFF, probably.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

My knights of the inner circle have the marauder flail arms I cut the flay off the top and I used lizardmen hand weapons to make the top of the great weapons.

Yeah does look good not painted at the moment but I will try take a pic for you if you want to have a look?

All those armies would be good just try adapting the list your using at the moment see if you can get a feel for something you like. I have always liked the idea of an army of ulric.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12