VW Round 2 , Match 2 Tashin vs. Tinytim84 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Round 2 , Match 2 Tashin vs. Tinytim84

Scenario:
    Blood and Glory

Map:
    Map number 7

Deployment:
    Tinytim84 left, Tashin right

First round:
    Tinytim has first round

Tashin

5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    29x Marauders, MoK, great weapons, full command

12x Chaos Warriors, MoN, halberds, musician, standard w/ Banner of Rage
    10x Marauder Horsemen, MoS, flails, light armour, standard, musician

1x Warshrine

12x Chosen of chaos, MoT, shields, musician, standard w/ Wailing banner, champion w/ favored of the Gods

Exhalted Hero, MoK, Juggernaugth, Dawnstone

Exhalted Hero, BSB, MoT, shield, Armour of Morslieb, steed of chaos

Sorcerer Lord, MoS, lvl 4, Infernal Puppet, Crown of Command, Charmed shield, Necrotic Phylactery, Diabolic Splendor

A greenskin fightingforce! Perfect!

Overall tactic
    My opponent has some pretty big blocks of green guys, but thats about it. His army is very vulnerable to being scattered, so thats what I intent to do, using this three-point strategical plan:

1) Misdirecting
    His two blocks of savage orcs (one being on boars) is extremely prone to my screening and misdirecting warhounds and potentially warshrine, and as he has to overrun due to frenzy, his mainforces will be out of position when it counts.

2) Fast cavalry
    My opponent has two warmachines, which I plan to get rid of pretty early, by deploying my Marauder Horsemen at a favourable position to vanguard up and charge either the doom diver or rocklobber in my turn 1 or 2. After that my fast cavalry Horsemen will be able to case fleeing units, attack the rear of my opponents lines, hunt down lone characters, ect.

3) Magic
    Having rolled some pretty good spells (2,3,4,6) I'll be able cause some real havoc using Hellshriek at -1 LD, or Titilating Delusions to drive his units out of position. Lastly, but most importantly, when his forces are scattered, I'll start throwing many dice after Ecstatic Seizures effectively removing 1/3 of his models in those savage units each turn.

Fighting
    Having so many different possibilities of scattering the green tide, I asume that it is quite likely that I'll - if not scatter his forces completely - then pressure my opponent enough, so that I'll be able to use my vastly superior infantry units to fight his units a few at a time, and sooner or later I'll have taken enough standards for him to flee.

Deployment
    I'll deploy in the top corner behind the fences and move up behind the temple of skulls, covering my chosen and warriors abit from the first few rounds of artillery fire, but I will not be in a hurry to get into melee (unless my horsemen somehow fail), since the longer I prolong the melee, the more chances I'll have to scatter my opponents forces
    and thereby win.

Good luck Tinytim84. May the imaginary dice be with you.

Black ork war boss
    Sword of strife
    Talisman of preservation
    enchanted shield
    War boar
    General

Savage orc great shaman
    Lv3
    Lucky shrunken head

Heros

Black orc big boss
    BSB
    Armor of fortune
    Iron curse amulet
    shreaking blade
    Shield

Goblin shaman
    Lv 2

35 Savage orc boys
    (great shaman here) 6x6
    Musician standard
    Extra hand weapon

35 orc boyz
    (BSB here) 6x6
    Musician standard
    Extra hand weapon

34 goblins
    (goblin shaman here) 5x7
    Musician standard
    Shields

13 Savage orc boar boy big uns
    (general here) 7x2
    Musician standard
    Extra hand weapon
    banner of eternal flame

doom diver

Rock lobber

Well deployment will go with the goblins in the center up on the line rock lobber to the left and doom diver to the right with savage orcs next to the doom diver and norm orcs next to the rock lobba all of these are right in front of the hill. I will stick my generals unit off to the flank in between the idol and the woods hopes of getting some flank charges. First turn will be spent moving all but the war masiens up on top of the hill where they will sit and wait for him to come to me my general will move up And get in position to charge into a flank. Shooting My first target will be the genral and what ever unit he is in witch i will assume is the chosen i want to widle them down AMAP. Magic My Great shaman has Gaze of Mork, Brain bursta, Ere we go and the gobbo has vindictive gaze and night shroud. Until in combat i will be using snipeing and direct damage spells on (in order of importance) BSB and unit Large blocks of marauders. Once in combat or right before im about to be charged i will cast night shroud at the boosted level and ere we go to help me out in CC. My main hope is that i can take him down enough with shooting and magic to beat up on him in CC.

Voting ends in 72 hours.

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Hmmm...one set of tactics is a jedi mind trick designed to tell the reader what's going to happen (narrate your tactics, not your desired outcome!), rather than what the player is trying to do, and the other one seems too passive and based mostly on hope. I'd have to give this one to chaos...Orks had the opportunity to put both of his war machines on the "wrong" side of a river from the marauder horsemen, and split them instead...making the one that only has a fence for protection an easy target. He also intends to move up close and then hand the initiative over to his opponent...which seems odd. If you're not keen to dive right in and make your superior numbers count, why get any closer than you have to? Why not sit back and let the warmachines get more shots off against a numerically inferior foe? I'd think that only the great weapon marauders have the numbers to stand up to a large block of orks in melee, but if you feel that you need some damage spells and artillery to whittle them down first, that decision to move up on the hill gets him into you a turn sooner! Also, by handing over the initiative, you let him, besides letting him choose the time and place of melee combat (other than your general, the only unit you're using agressively), you're letting him draw your savage orks out with his hounds!

/edit/
    Last edited by Marnepup; May 9th, 2011 at 18:13.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well, this is the inverse of our game, Tash, massive blocks of Orcs against smaller units of Chaos Warriors. However I believe the result will be the same, the greenskins seem to be running right into your trap (quite litteraly with frenzy) and with your magic and positioning I'd say you've turned the game round from what would have been a loss for you if there were no tactics on either side. Chaos all the way.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

both players seem to be delaying a bit, lucky for the orcs, who spend their time getting on the hill... However, its working right into the hands of the chaos warriors: basically the greenskin lines up his troops and marches forward, ready to be split up. 1 on 1 those savages (may be outmaneuvered) will have a hard time facing warriors and chosen.

Warriors of Chaos win
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    both players seem to be delaying a bit, lucky for the orcs, who spend their time getting on the hill... However, its working right into the hands of the chaos warriors: basically the greenskin lines up his troops and marches forward, ready to be split up. 1 on 1 those savages (may be outmaneuvered) will have a hard time facing warriors and chosen.

Warriors of Chaos win
    This sums it up perfectly. WoC.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Interesting battle to watch on the table top, but as said earlier, it seems the orcs are falling into the trap of the WOC

Sorry my fellow green skin

WOC for the win

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

WoC

WoCa-WoCa-WoCa...

...yeah, it's called sleep deprivation... you deal with it...
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Comfy victory for the chaotic ones, 6-0.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting struggle statement. Personally i think that the challenger built a big mistake together with his Farsight lower which often cost your ex the sport. They ought to have never specific the actual conscripts and also aimed at ones tanks.
    We provide guarantee to pass Pass4sure.co.uk - ccna answers gmat with online exam training itil and you can also get best quality newhaven.edu mcat along with kuyper.edu mcat for your guaranteed success.
    Last edited by RickeyJJ884; February 26th, 2015 at 12:13.

+ Reply to Thread