Another Arena? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Arena?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Another Arena?

Hey there, the last Arena of Death met its premature end last August. It was unlucky, as the Game Master had some circumstances that prevented him from running it through, but the AoD failed not due to lack of interest. When the GM was having problems, many participants offered to fill in for him. Are they still ready? I have never participated in such a thing and I'd like to try it, if there be any possibility - I don't think frequency would be a problem. So, any of the fluff-masters and narrative-chieftains?

Miko

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I'd be willing to run a small one, 8 members tops. I can do the rolls, and the writing. The only problem that I'll have is getting the actual rules - I don't own many of the new 8th edition armybooks (Empire. That's it for 8th) so I don't have the statlines and upgrades available for each of the armies. I would need someone who would be willing to quickly verify the rules for any of the entrants that I cannot check for myself.
    I ran a 32-player arena once, and I will not do that again. It took a year of solid effort to complete, stretched out to a year and a half because I ran into person issues right around the middle.
    I'd like to get more interest in Arena's here on LO - clean up the section, get a league running, etc. I'll see what I can do. If someone is interested in being my "build checker" we can get this underway.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

There are times when I don't doubt my psychic abilities...
    I was thinking just last week, that since I hadn't been active at LO for a couple of years, that I hadn't created an Arena contestant for a while, and so I started working on one.
    You have a definite entrant here if this goes ahead.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Great, Capt'n, I was just thinking of you, though I dared not speak openly. I'm not sure I could check everything, I've got some books but not many, and running to and fro to a hobby store is insane. But I will certainly enter.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

More Arenas? Yes Please!

I'm happy to help with writing, but that's about the extent of my usefulness. I've run a small arena in the past, only eight entrants, but I had someone else checking the builds and performing all the rolling duties for me, and I believe I had a few other writers contributing.

I've had an idea for an arena sitting somewhere on the computer for a while now but not done anything about it. And it might not be the best idea to re-start the arena season with, so I might hold off on making use of it just yet. But I'd be happy to help organise/write for an arena if the interest is there!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Good idea fellas! I had begun to contemplate setting one going once again, it has been too long since we got the community involved in stuff like this. My idea was to do a special character one, get a pick of the best and see how they fair. Maybe later. Good luck on this, and I hope you get loads of entries! I might even step forward...

Kuffy

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Well, this is great, but right now all we've got is a lot of hot air blowing around. Like I said - I'm willing to start a "standard" style arena at the drop of a hat, with 8 members. The next available size would be 16 members, and that's a LOT of people to both find interested, and to write/read for the first rounds. If I know that I can farm off a few of the first round matches, I could handle 16 players, and have the arena concluded in 4-5 weeks from the start date. 8 players is optimal, I could have it done in 3-4 weeks.

Books that I have personally:

Empire
    Ogre Kingdoms
    High Elves
    Warriors of Chaos
    Brettonians
    Wood Elves
    Dwarfs

I would need build checks for everything else.
    The stats I would be looking for:
    WS, Str, T, Ini, W, A, Ld
    Base points (for the character)
    Points spent on wargear
    Points spent on magic items
    Special rules, including rules for any magic items not found in the BRB

If I can get someone to do that with the other army books, I will put all of the builds into a thread and have people check them. The "build checker" is allowed to participate in the arena of course, but in the interest of fairness, I would rather that they not be responsible for checking their own build.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can check orcs and goblins (well at least other than my own) for you as well as vampire counts
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can check Lizardmen.

Sidewinder

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

It's March now so I'm assuming this died out? Due to personal issues I've been away from teh forum for a rather extended amount of time. With that said I have the Beastmen book - which I'll be using and soon enough I'll have the new WoC book as well, though I don't currently own it.

So ... Beastmen.

If no one else has that I'll grab a WoC book soon.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast