[VOTE WAR] The War of the Crown - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

[VOTE WAR] The War of the Crown

Welcome my friends to another Vote War! It has been a long time since one has graced these pages, but it seems it is time, alongside a hopeful Area of Death revival as well!

In this, we'll start off small. I'm looking for EIGHT TEAMS to be involved in this one, and it is first come first served. An sorry, but it's going to be no reserves. Below you'll find the details on the the specifics of this Vote War and the rules. But first, for those who have never been involved in a Vote Warn before, you need to read the following thread: A Guide to Vote Wars

Entering
    The first eight members to PM me their list will be entered into the contest.

The Rules

This vote war will operate on a Two Game Elimination style. This means that for each round (barring the Final) each list will be in two battles, and the lists that have the lowest number of votes over those two games will be eliminated. This means that with 8 players we will have a total of five rounds, at the end we will have a winner!

All matches will run for a total of 72 hours (3 days)
    All votes must be made in Bold or it will not be counted
    Reasons would be great, but are not enforced
    No player is allowed to comment on their own battle (ie post in the thread) in doing so they will incur a -5 vote penalty
    All matches for that round will use the same scenario, which will be rolled before the first match is made
    All matches will use a randomly determined map based off of these here: Maps

Players get 400 words to describe their deployment and tactics once the match and map has been decided (sent via a PM). You may include a picture, but it counts as 100 words.
    Spells will be rolled along with the map, giving the player choice of the signature spell or not after seeing the map/opponent
    Bretonnian players will automatically go second, unless they state they do not wish to pray.
    On the map, the player named first will get the top deployment, and so the second gets the bottom one.
    First Turn will be rolled at map generation.

The Lists

These are the rules for the lists, and at the end the requested layout of armies (for easy of reading).

The army will be 3000pts or less
    No special characters are allowed, including the unit champion ones
    The army must be chosen from the current army book for that army.
    Chaos Dwarfs will be allowed, the list being used is from the Forge World "Tamurkhan - The Throne of Chaos" book
    All armies must include what lore their magic user(s) are using in their list

All armies must be named, as must all characters. Units can be named for fluff reasons, if you wish.
    All armies must be laid out in the following manner:

Army Name

Lord(s)

Heroes

Core

Special

Rare

Total Points
    Power Dice (+ Power Stones)
    Dispel Dice (+ Dispel Scrolls)

Scorecard

Here I'll keep an updated score of who won what games and the number of votes they received.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5 - The Final!

I wish you the best of luck! GO FORTH AND CONQUER!

Kuffy

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; January 24th, 2013 at 20:28.

2. Likerealitycheque liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in.

Removed.
    Please don't ask for online sources to be linked or given here on the forum, it is against GWs IP. If you must, I am sure a little bit of googling could give you an answer.

- Kuffy
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; January 24th, 2013 at 21:15.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I'll give it a go. It will be my first Votewar, so we'll have to see how I do.
    We're using the current WoC rules? By the time you get this thing started, we might be running on the 8th ed book, depending of course on how quickly everyone signs up. Personally, I think it would be more fair to use the current WoC rules, as people are more familiar with the actual table-top qualities of each unit, rather than early-book theories.
    I'll probably go with Empire or High Elves, to sidestep the tide of Chaos Warriors that I'm sure is to come.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

6. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    I'll give it a go. It will be my first Votewar, so we'll have to see how I do.
    We're using the current WoC rules? By the time you get this thing started, we might be running on the 8th ed book, depending of course on how quickly everyone signs up. Personally, I think it would be more fair to use the current WoC rules, as people are more familiar with the actual table-top qualities of each unit, rather than early-book theories.
    I'll probably go with Empire or High Elves, to sidestep the tide of Chaos Warriors that I'm sure is to come.
    That is a good point. I'll agree, it'll be using the current WOC book. We can use the new book in the next one. Elves? BAH! Pansies! I might have a go...

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I'd very much like to participate. I'm not sure about the 3000 point size (the standard in my head is 2400-2500) or quite what you mean by the "2 games each round" thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, time to explore some new waters with 3k then
    As to the 2 round thing, means that for example you get to play two games in the first round, you win you go to the next round, you lose both, you are out. So every round its two games, losers are eliminated. Exception is final where its only 1 final match
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfchewer View Post
    Well, time to explore some new waters with 3k then
    As to the 2 round thing, means that for example you get to play two games in the first round, you win you go to the next round, you lose both, you are out. So every round its two games, losers are eliminated. Exception is final where its only 1 final match
    Exactly this, 3000pts just gives people a lot of toys to play with.

The two round one, I was thinking of doing it a little different. I was planning on doing you play two games each round, and we total up the number of votes given to each army over those matches and the ones with the least number of votes will go out. I think this gives people a chance to have a good run at it, and stops the "won one, lost one" debate.

But please, enter! 8 players enter, who will win?!

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Ok. I'll start getting a list together. Definitely no extra restrictions or rules? (apart from Special Characters). Ie - dwellers bellow doesn't allow 'look out sir', no limit to the size of units etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Ok. I'll start getting a list together. Definitely no extra restrictions or rules? (apart from Special Characters). Ie - dwellers bellow doesn't allow 'look out sir', no limit to the size of units etc.
    I see no need to those kind of restrictions, it isn't an actual tabletop tourny where comp is considered a requirement. So, simply put, the only restrictions are those above.

That is a few people signing up, but I've only received one list. Come on people!

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Wooo, Votewar!
    I'm in, my beastmen will show you all what the lower tier armies can do.
    I'll get working on a list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast