VW Round 2: he Wall of Flesh and Iron Vs SomethingWicked. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Round 2: he Wall of Flesh and Iron Vs SomethingWicked.

Scenario: Meeting Engagement
    Map: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Top Deployment: PsychoticVampire
    First Turn: PsychoticVampire

Player: PsychoticVampire

Spells Rolled in order:

Units held in reserve:
    Doombull
    1x Tuskigor chariot
    1x razorgor unit
    1x normal harpy unit

List:

The Wall of Flesh and Iron
    Lords: 353
    · Doombull=235 The Steel Bull
    Talisman of preservation=45
    Gnarled hide=15
    Ramhorn helm=15
    Sword of swift slaying=25
    Heavy armour=12
    Shield=6 =353
    Heroes: 440
    · Gorebull=160 The Lead Banner-Bull
    BSB=25
    Armour of destiny=50 =235
    · Gorebull=160 The Iron Bull
    Armour of silvered steel=45 =205
    Core: 800 points
    · Tuskgor chariot=80 Wheeled death
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    · Tuskgor chariot=80
    Special: 1405 points
    · 10 Razorgor herd=550 The Walls of Flesh
    · 10 Razorgor herd=550
    · 5 Harpies=55 Winged Death
    · 5 Harpies=55
    · 5 Harpies=55
    · 5 Harpies=55
    Scout=15 =70
    · 5 Harpies=55
    Scout=15 =70

Rare: 0 points
    Total points: 2998
    Deployment and Tactics:

Anyway, this one will be quick, I’ve got the top right deployment, so a pretty open plain to attack across, perfect. Before I start, last round someone said my list is illegal because razorgors are 1-5, but I should point out they’re 1+, so I’m fine.
    Deployment:
    -Razorgors dead centre and up front with both gorebulls in the unit.
    -9 Chariots on the line on both sides of the unit.
    -2 harpy units on the flanks.
    -2 scouting harpy units deploy normally on the flanks.

Tactics:
    Nice and simple, 2 combat armies starting so close together, no room for much finesse.
    -razorgors hit the gors, and start grinding away, should be able to hold their own and hold in place, racking up the kills.
    -as many chariots as possible hit the bestigors to take as many down as possible with impact hits.
    -The harpies take out the shamans asap, if they’re out of units it should be easy, otherwise they go first so they fly in, put all their attacks on the shaman then die to the unit.
    -the doombull and second razorgor unit rushes as quickly as possible to help, with the doombull taking on whats left of the bestigor, he should be able to take them by himself with them weakened, as most of their attacks will bounce back at them (1+ save and every save made gives him a free attack), the razorgor will help mop up the gors and ungor.
    -dispel: dispel pit of shades/ purple sun if he casts at the razorgor, with preference going to purple sun, once in combat dispel mindrazor. Hopefully the shamans should be dead before they cause to much damage.
    Good luck Polaria.

Player: Polaria

Spells Rolled in order:
    lv4 -2, 2, 2, 4
    l2 - 1, 3
    l2 - 1, 5
    l1 - 6

Units held in reserve:
    Devilhoof
    Black Band

List:

SomethingWicked... (3000 points)

Lord – 478points
    General ”Skullhorn” Beastlord,Armour of Silvered Steel,
    Talisman of Preservation, Additional Hand Weapon 243points

Great Bray Shaman “Skull-Gave” – Lore of Death; Lvl 4 294points
    Pelt of Shadowgave, Jagged Dagger,Additional Hand Weapon

Heroes - 589 points
    Wargor “Stronghoof” Battle Standard Bearer, Gnarled Hide, 204 points
    Heavy Armor (3+ armor), Beast Banner

Bray Shaman “One-Eye” – Lore of Shadows; lvl 2, Shard of Herdstone 160 points

Bray Shaman “Devilhoof” – Lore of Shadows, lvl 2, Chalice of Dark Rain 150points

Bray Shaman “Ramsmight” – Lore of Shadows 75 points

Core - 746 points
    Gor Herd “Stomping Stags” 401points
    • 47 Gors , Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons

Ungor RaiderHerd 30points
    • 5 Ungor Raiders

UngorRaider Herd 30points
    • 5 Ungor Raiders

Ungor Herd ”Black Band” 285 points
    • 54 Ungor , Full Command

Special - 678 points
    Bestigor Herd “Headtakers” 568 points
    • 44 Bestigors, Full Command , Banner of Eternal Flame
    Razorgor 55points
    Razorgor 55points
    Rare - 450points
    ”Jolly Blue” Giant 225points

”Gentle Blue” Giant 225points

ARMY TOTAL: 3,000 points

Deployment and Tactics:

Deployment & Tactics

Deployment: The big wizard Skull-gave will have Spirit Leech, The Caress of Laniph, Doom and Darkness and The Purple Sun of Xereus. The shadow ones will go with The Pit of Shades, The Withering and changing others for Miasmas. Skullhorn and one lvl 2 will go with Headtakers. Skull-gave and second lvl 2 with Stomping Stags and last lvl 1 with Raiders. Raiders and the two big blocks will deploy near herdstone in the left side with herdstone behind forest and Wizards inside forest with Raiders. Giants will be deployed either side of the big blocks, covering their flanks. Razorgors will be at the right end of deployment zone, ready to zoom in from the side. Devilhoof BSB and Black Band will come from reserve together.

Tactics: Without the ability to march the Chariots will be slower than is good for them and with no missile or cannon threat around the Razorgors will be free to run around and bash single chariots to bits for easy VPs. Meanwhile the big blocks will just sit tight with the third big block, Black Band, coming from reserve to same line right beside them and giving BSB coverage there.

With magic supremacy pretty much uncontested here the wizards will rain death and shadow on the enemy targeting single chariots, small units and especially those high point value characters so they have to either come to the big blocks or just die one by one to magic. The fact that enemy has Ld 8 at most and simply can’t keep majority of his forces in BSB coverage could cause fun moments of expanding panic when something dies to Razorgors or magics.

With each block having the numbers to take the punishment and with the tiny enemy units and singular chariots unable to take away ranks the opponent will die piecemeal while big blocks will keep their VPs safe. Giants will take targets of opportunity, assaulting small units, lone characters and singular chariots that come too close. The only real challenge will be the Razorgor blocks, but with their poor Ld value a Giant can prevent them from charging or send them fleeing from a charge. If that doesn’t work, casting Withering to the pigs just before charging them with Ungors block (now hitting at S4 due to the BS should deal with them.

Please vote for which list you believe will do the best. Explainations are not required, but are a good idea. The two owners of the list are not allowed to post in their own battle. Please put all voting in either BOLD or UNDERLINE

Good luck!

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I'm going to go for Wall of Flesh and Iron. I think that the harpies can deal with the single razorgors for the most part, which would allow the chariots to hit en mass. I'm not sure about how I feel about going for the bestigor first but with enough impact hits they should do OK. In addition, once some of the harpies get those magicians it's not only easy points but also helps reduce any effect of the herdstone. Also, several impact hits can also deal nicely with those giants.
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I don't know - I'm definitely leaning towards the more traditional of the two lists. I'm not sure if those Bestigors are Herded, but if they eat Chariots to the face, that's going to leave quite a dent. If Horded out, that's 7 Chariots, you're going to eat 17.5 Impacts on an average roll, and lose most of that in Gors. However, those Gors are Steadfast, and they're not going anywhere, they'll grind their way back through those chariots I think, and even if they don't, those Chariots are stuck there and won't be doing much else this battle.

The Razorgor herds are the dangerous ones. 10 of those things will rip apart the infantry, but it's a question of whether or not they'll survive the long fight. I think that they will. Harpies will handle the Wizards and most of the chaff, and probably get caught up by Magic on the way in and Razorgors on the way out, so that's going to be a lot of trading.

I think this entire battle comes down to the Something Wicked Wizards (not a rhyme I promise) staying alive. There are so many chariots, and not enough targets for them all to make meaningful impacts, and as target opportunities dwindle down, it's going to focus the wizards attention onto more of those isolated lone models. So while I have a feeling that the Wall of Flesh and Iron is going to make big gains, one chunk at a time, I think they're going to lose in the long run as they get nickled-and-dimed down over the course of the game. When the dust clears, I think you'll find that the Something Wicked has the most points, from popping Chaff, whittling off Chariots, and potentially denying VPs with their larger blocks.

One vote for Something Wicked
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Although magic is fickle I think more likely than not it will give Something Wicked the win. There is definitely the magic power to cast miasma + Pit/Purple Sun combo consistently.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

It's a difficult choice. The Razorgors can mulch through the infantry, but Purple Sun will eat them, and there's little way to stop it. Admittedly, the harpies will most likely have killed the Herdstone Shamans by turn 3, maybe 4 at the latest, but that gives at least 2 turns of a large magic engine with which he can potentially decimate the threats in the army. The chaff of Something Wicked will be destroyed by chariots, which can then be used to charge into the Bestigors to support the Razorgors against them. It'll be close, but I think the victory will be taken by Something Wicked, due to the lower amounts of chaff to give away and the magical potency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

With all those Harpies gunning for them I don't see the Shaman surviving long enough to make a difference(except possibly the Great Bray). All of the chariots should have targets this game as well. I think that after the chaff is accounted for on both sides the extra VP's from the Shaman will swing the final tally in the favor of the Wall of Flesh and Iron this game.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I'm not sure, but I'm voting for Something Wicked. The hordes are big and the fight with the Razors will be close, but then, there are Giant and the enemy's pigs will be weakened with Shadows. With the Doombull starting with them, it could be otherwise, but as it is it's possible that he will be fought separately and I don't think he can cope all by himself.

Closed Thread