VW Round 2: Itza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza) VS The Valiant Host - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Round 2: Itza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza) VS The Valiant Host

Scenario: Meeting Engagement
    Map: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Top Deployment: Kroxigor
    First Turn: Kroxigor

Player: Kroxigor01

Spells Rolled in order:
    Slann - Loremaster
    Lvl1 - 6

Units in Reserve:
    1x Terradon
    1x Salamander pack

List:

tza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza)

Kor Tehe Tli-Qu Slann Mage Priest – Level 4, Beasts, Focus of Mystery, Focused Ruminations, Becalming Cogitation, Unfathomable Presence, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, BSB (Rampager’s Standard) 550

Qutli Skink Priest – Level 1, Heavens, Dispel Scroll 90
    Xili-Gar Scar Veteran – Burning Blade of Chotec, cold one, shield, light armour 138
    Itza-Gar Scar Veteran – Gold Sigil Sword, Ironcurse Icon, cold one, shield, light armour 133
    Loq-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Lot-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Gor-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Boq-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96

Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Saurus Warriors – 20, standard, musician 238
    Saurus Warriors – 26, standard, musician 304

Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Temple Guard – 20, Standard Bearer (Huanchi’s Blessed Totem) 359

Salamander hunting pack – 1 salamander, 3 skinks
    Salamander hunting pack – 1 salamander, 3 skinks
    Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01

Skink takes signature.

Temple Guard contain all characters except the skink priest (who will hang behind that building with the Salamander and run 12" to a hiding place).

I am assuming that the Sphinx is impassable.

Chameleon Skink placements are a hypothetical. They would be deployed to attack Bolt Throwers on turn 1 (the Chameleons have 24" threat range range).

My army is fairly good at silencing and withstanding shooting but I think it is still prudent to engage as quickly as possible. The Temple Guard block has 2 banners that give them better charge distance (3D6 with a reroll) so I'm hoping for a turn 2 charge. They have Stubborn o I have no problems going into the wood.

My Slann will attempt to cast Wildform or Pann's Immpenetrable Pelt when combat is imminent The elves have low strength so this should be effective. Casting will be hard but Focused Ruminations should give me a 2/3 dice advantage and assure a spell gets through each turn.

I want my Slann to be within 24" of an opposing wizard so I can use Becalming Cogitation and Cupped Hands more effectively.

Terradons want to drop rocks on Eagles. Poison shots want to go into Bolt Throwers (a unit of 10 skirmishers or 5 chameleons has a 52% chance of killing a Bolt Thrower in 1 round of shooting from 24" range). Skirmishers will try align to be able to stand and shoot eagles but will always go for the artillery first.

Salamanders want to flame sea guard block.

The High Elves can stand up to my combat. The Sea Guard can beat my Saurus blocks but the Sea Guard are unwieldy. So my strategy is to limit his shooting damage and then crack open a few of his expensive units/character bunkers.
    *************************************************************************** *****************************

Player: RealityCheque

Spells Rolled in order:
    lvl4 - 1, 4, 4, 4
    lvl2 - 4, 4

Units in Reserve:
    Seaguard
    1x Archers

List:

Army Name: The Valiant Host

The Valiant Host sail far from Ulthuan, seeking out the unrighteous and the twisted, and take special pride in ruining the plans of their twisted kin who destroyed the ancient home of Prince Arinar's family in a raid many centuries ago. Unable to rest until his families slayers have fallen, and unable to prove his dead foes were responsible, Arinar will lead his host into battle until his luck runs short.

Lords:
    Prince (Prince Arinar, Lord of the 5th Host) 295pts
    Barded Steed, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Trickster's Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Foolhardiness

Archmage (Kinos the Everbold) 360pts
    Lvl 4, Book of Hoeth, Lore of Life

Heroes:
    Noble (Lord Ferin, Hero of the Eastern Gate) 174pts
    BSB, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix

Mage (Gosirai, Mistress of the Silver Tower) 185pts
    L2, Annulian Crystal, Talisman of Protection, Lore of Shadows

Core
    Lothern Sea Guard (crew of the "Wave Serpent") 525pts
    40 Sea Guard, FC, Warbanner

1st Archer Group 115
    10 Archers, Musician

2nd Archer Group 115
    10 Archers, Musician

Special:
    Dragon Princes ("Flame's Hammer") 330pts
    9 Dragon Princes, FC, Banner of Eternal Flame

Phoenix Guard ("Asuryan's Voice") 250pts
    13 Phoenix Guard, FC, Banner of Arcane Protection

Rare:
    3 Great Eagles XXXpts
    5 Repeater Bolt Throwers XXXpts

Deployment and Tactics:

None actually received
    *************************************************************************** ************************

Please vote for which list you believe will do the best. Explainations are not required, but are a good idea. The two owners of the list are not allowed to post in their own battle. Please put all voting in either BOLD or UNDERLINE

Good luck!

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Since there are no tactics I'm going to assume that the high elves player would play it the way I would
    The chameleon skinks have a 52% chance of killing an RBT? That still leaves all the archers, seaguard, and 2 or 3 remaining RBT's. Let's just say that, even with S3 shooting, the high elves would win the shooting war. In addition, if there are any wounds left on an RBT the high elves could potentially heal them up if they are close enough. Since the argers are dealing with the skink part, I can assume that the DP's and Prince will deal with the salamanders due to their 2++ against fire (someone correct me if I'm wrong about the flaming attacks)
    If the eagles stay far enough back then the terradons won't be able to fly over them and hit them. That way they can charge, and if they combo charge they could possibly win that fight. While the lizards will get a bunch of points from the RBT's and possibly archers the High Elves should get most of the skinks, at least one unit of salamanders (probably two since the LSG could shoot at them) and one or two of the terradons. Since the High Elves kill more chaff, they win!
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yeah, anything that doesn't have 'Saurus' in it's name is going to get turned into a pincushion, and maybe even snapped up by the Seaguard and PGs. This is one case where I think that the High Elves might have a bit of an edge. They aren't going to have any problems at all until the Saurus close in, then all hell breaks loose because yeah - Saurus are brutes.

If the HE player is bright, he's going to pick up MindRazor with that double. Also, that L4 lucked out and basically has every spell he wants right now. Can't complain at all about that. Saurus will drop if hit with Dwellers, and moreover, the Slann isn't particularly resilient to Dwellers either. That could actually do very well for the Elves if they can shut down the Frog.
    Eagles keeping those Saurus at bay will buy the Elves enough time to cash in the points on the Skink regiments. By the time the Saurus close, the Elves should be able to hold on long enough to bag the game.

I'm agreeing with Stahlfeld, and giving it to The Valiant Host. Even though they all lose by default for not sending tactics
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    I'm agreeing with Stahlfeld
    First time yet! Yay! lol TBH I completely missed the double on the Lvl2..... that helps the High Elves even more!
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

The High Elves will put everything full of arrows, but those Saurus blocks are Coldblooded and won't break. I can't really see the elves shooting destroying any of the valuable units before they get to charge. The Lizardmen shooting should be able to get good VPs out of bolt-throwers and eagles. When the combat is joined the whole battle probably grinds to halt but some of the high point-value elf units (Dragon Princes and Phoenix Guard come to mind) lack the numbers to take the attrition. Thus, I'll go for a close win for Itza Korconqua.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

In my opinion, it comes down to the High elves shadow magic. Either The Enfeebling foe or The Withering will allow them to kill the saurus very quickly, in combination with either Dwellers or Bolt Thrower shooting. The Slaan can't be relied on to shut down a BoH Archmage, but he can definitely shut down the level 2. The Bolt Throwers can be protected from Chameleon skinks with clever deployment, however there aren't enough units for this to be possible, so there is most likely going to be at least 1 dead bolt thrower turn 1. Wyssans will help keep the Temple Guard alive, and they are all that's needed to dismantle any of the High Elf combat units.

Victory to Itza Korconqua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

With the Elven magic it is always possible for a crushing victory as saurus are swallowed by the earth or dropped down pits but most likely it will be average results of one spell or so getting through on each side. That brings us to shooting and combat. I think the lizards will eventually win here as the elves are more likely to give up more VP's based on smaller units and more expensive chaff. So I think it will be a stand-off in the middle of the board with Itza Korconqua coming out on top via VP's.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Itza Korconqua because I think the Lizards will kill more chaff, and in this case chaff is Archer units and Bolt Throwers worth several hundred points. Besides, I want to give the HE player a space for error, which now he doesn't thanks to having no tactics.

Closed Thread