VW Round 4: Itza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza) VS The Filth-Ridden Coven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Round 4: Itza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza) VS The Filth-Ridden Coven

Scenario: Battleline
    Map: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Top Deployment: Kroxigor
    First Turn: Kroxigor

Kroxigor

Spells:

Slann - Loremaster
    Lvl2 - 3

Itza Korconqua (The Mighty Host of Itza)

Kor Tehe Tli-Qu Slann Mage Priest – Level 4, Beasts, Focus of Mystery, Focused Ruminations, Becalming Cogitation, Unfathomable Presence, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, BSB (Rampager’s Standard) 550

Qutli Skink Priest – Level 1, Heavens, Dispel Scroll 90
    Xili-Gar Scar Veteran – Burning Blade of Chotec, cold one, shield, light armour 138
    Itza-Gar Scar Veteran – Gold Sigil Sword, Ironcurse Icon, cold one, shield, light armour 133
    Loq-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Lot-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Gor-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96
    Boq-Gar Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour, 96

Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Skink Skirmishers – 10
    Saurus Warriors – 20, standard, musician 238
    Saurus Warriors – 26, standard, musician 304

Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Temple Guard – 20, Standard Bearer (Huanchi’s Blessed Totem) 359

Salamander hunting pack – 1 salamander, 3 skinks
    Salamander hunting pack – 1 salamander, 3 skinks

Tactics and Deployment

Deployment west to east – Big Saurus unit, Idol of Gork, Temple Guard (and all Scar-veterans), Saurus unit. Salamanders deployed on flanks.

There are to many enemy flyers to achieve an alpha strike (and I assume he would protect the juicy Terrorgheist and Vargheists).

In the early game I will cast Flock of Doom and Curse of the Midnight Wind on Bat Swarms. Amber spear on a Terrorgheist would be nice to.

My skirmishers will stay away from him until he advances closer than ~19” (remember that a 19” charge fails half the time) and let loose all my firepower (enough to kill both Terrorgheists in 1 phase if perfectly placed). If my opponent clumps his flyers up, my Skink Priest would also like to move 12” into the middle and hit them all with Midnight Wind.

Note that the Bane Stones are a scary place to hang out if you are a Terrorgheist (everything wounds them on 5s if they are within 6”).

Worst case scenario for this skirmish war is me losing all my skirmishers by turn 4. But his surviving flyers would be horribly out of position (standing in front of saurus who have bonus charge range).

The decisive part of this game will be turn 4-6 when my Saurus, immune to death magic under the bubble of Becalming Cogitation, beat the crap out of everything.

He can buff his infantry, but so can I and I don't think he can touch my deathstar.

Non Marine Player

Spells:
    lvl4 - 1, 3, 4, 6
    lvl4 - 2, 3, 3, 6
    lv2 - 6, 6
    lvl2 - 1, 6
    lvl 1 - 5

The Filth-Ridden Coven

Lords: 550
    Coldar Krieg, Master Necromancer - Level 4, Arabyan Carpet - 250 (Death)
    Manndred Volmar, Master Necromancer - Level 4, Talisman of Preservation, Black Periapt - 300 (Vampires, General)

Heroes: 490
    Ludwig Von Battenhoff, Vampire - Level 2, Forbidden Lore (Beasts), Sword of Swift Slaying, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour - 199
    Trastig Von BattenhoffVampire - Level 2, Forbidden Lore (Light), Sword of Might, Heavy Armour, Shield, Dragonhelm - 201
    Jurgen Reigeson, Necromancer - Dispel Scroll - 90 (Vampires)

Core: 750
    40 Ghouls - Ghast - 410
    40 Zombies - Standard, Musician - 130
    40 Zombies - Standard, Musician - 130
    5 Dire Wolves - 40
    5 Dire Wolves - 40

Special: 756
    6 Vargheists - 276
    6 Vargheists - 276
    2 Fell Bats - 32
    2 Fell Bats - 32
    2 Bat Swarms - 70
    2 Bat Swarms - 70

Rare: 450
    Terrorgheist - 225
    Deployment and Tactics

Spells Confirmed:
    Level 4 Death - Spirit Leech, Soulblight, Doom and Darkness, Purple Sun
    Level 4 Vampires - Invocation of Nehek, Hellish Vigour, Gaze of Nagash, Raise Dead
    Level 2 Beasts - Wyssan's Wildform, Curse of Anraheir
    Level 2 Light - Shem's Burning Gaze, Pha's Protection
    Level 1 Vampires - Invocation of Nehek

Tactics:
    Looks like it's a game of redirect the Deathstar for me today. This is going to be tough. He has a lot of poisoned shooting, and a way to nerf one of my level 4's with Becalming Cogitation. He also has Saurus, and Cupped Hands, which are always dangerous. However, due to me having 2 level 4's, he will have 2 options; nerf my Purple Sun/D&D (for Death Shrieks, of course) caster, or stop having zombies raised in his face and prevent him from charging anything useful all game. That and my Terrorgheists and Magic Missiles can wipe his chaff units off the board rather simply, giving me a way to score higher VP's. The Ghoul Horde can deal with the smaller Saurus Blocks, or I can hold one of them up with a Zombie unit. The main aim is to never let the Deathstar meet combat with anything that can give large amounts of VPs, or the game is lost. Fortunately, with Raise Dead and my Flying chaff, I say that this is very possible. Magic will mainly be focussed upon the Level 4 who hasn't been nerfed (whether that be debuffs/Purple Sun or Raising and Gaze) and magic missiles to begin with, using the nerfed Level 4 when necessary, the less chaff there is I can begin to work on damaging the Temple Guard from afar. With any luck, I can kill all 20 Temple Guard through a combination of Missiles and screams by the end of the game.

Deployment:
    The army as a whole will deploy as to not allow Chameleon Skinks to deploy behind me. Specifically though, the Ghouls with Vampires will be my central block flanked by Bat Swarms and Dire Wolves on both sides, and providing shelter for my Fell Bats and Death Wizard, who will emerge when it is safe to do so. Both Zombie units will go on either sides of these, each containing 1 Vampires Wizard. Beside these, but behind the lines slightly, will be the Terrorgheists, and beside that the Vargheist units. These Flanking units will focus on scoring me chaff VPs, Chameleon Skinks and Terradon's first, then Skinks and Salamanders, after which they can get working on Saurus blocks, should there be time left in the game. The Bat Swarms, Dire Wolves and Fell Bats will be focussed on the bulk of the redirecting the Temple Guard until I can get a Raise Dead off, and will fill in where possible, assuming they are still alive to do so. I will fodder my cheaper single characters should I need to, but only as a last resort to block the charge. Should the Temple Guard ever get to combat, which is unlikely to but may happen, my -1 to hit spells/Soulblight should help lessen the damage.

Please vote for which list you believe will do the best. Explanations are not required, but are a good idea. The two owners of the list are not allowed to post in their own battle. Please put all voting in either BOLD or UNDERLINE

Good luck!

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I'm giving this to the The Mighty Host of Itza since they will out-chaff the VC since they are going 1st. Also, there's a chance that the flying wizard can get shot by amber spear and that would allow the Lizards to dominate the magic phase.
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

The Mighty Host of Itza

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I have hard time voting on this. The Lizards have a strong hand but the Vampire plan on how to deal with being outchaffed by shootiness is a solid one. If the Temple Guard does not die, but does not reach any point-fat targets soon enough the Filth Ridden Coven has a strong chance on winning by killing the chaff and Saurus while keeping their heroes safe and Ghouls up. I'll have to follow the conversation some more before I make up my mind.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

is it just me, i cannot load the map image?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    is it just me, i cannot load the map image?
    Now that I try I can't see it either.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I don't think Lizards will be able to get to the big-scoring units. The Vargheists will get a charge or two or three and kill the chaff, so I'm going with The Filth-Ridden Coven.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

720 (x8)

Right. Reading the tactics and deployment once more I realize that Filt Ridden Coven is basically preparing to fight a skirmish war while redirecting Temple Guard. Itza Korconqua is basically preparing to fight a skir mish war and just sitting still. Neither side is making an aggressive move forward early on, so it likely boils down to the points gained in skirmish warfare on turns 1-4. Filth Ridden Coven has 1311 points to throw into the skirmish war (1060 if the flying vampire playes safe) while Itza has only around 800 points there.

However, Itzas forces are mostly shooty while Filth Ridden Coven has to come close and risk being spanked by saurus to engage them. Unless one or both players change tactics midgame the Itza will probably lose less points during turns 1-4 and turns 5-6 will not see many (if any) units totally destroyed. Thus I see the passive stance and shooting superiority yielding a minor win for Itza Korconqua.

Closed Thread