AoD Arena of Death - Page 7 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Arena of Death

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Hurray! A combination of skill, luck and sheer enthusiasm prevailed again! Thanks for the update, good to see the arena back on track.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hm, there do seem to be an alarming amount of ones and twos. Clearly the delay broke Gerrant's concentration

One more reason for me not to like dwarves I guess
    Good fight, though, and good to see the arena coming back! Only two fights to go now, yeah?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Hey, Karl, I just thought, I understand there have been some problems and difficulties, but do you mind posting the raw results at least? I'm curious how it ended and you said you had the fights rolled up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

sorry for not finishing it out guys. I owe you a bit of an explanation. A little bit after my last post, a close relative of mine died. We had been close, and it came as a shock to everyone. After that I lost interest in wargaming for awhile. I've only started to get back into it in the last couple weeks, and most of my time has been spent trying to figure out how to adjust my armies due to the new Dark Elf book. Also, when I was cleaning up my house for relatives, I lost the dice rolls, so I can't give you them. However, I remember a couple particular results (i.e. out of the ordinary)
    Kartok v. Tu'Rok
    Kartok got one wound on Tu'Rok, then proceeded to make 3 4++'s in the first round. Tu'Rok had a sword that did 2 wounds, so if Kartok had failed 2 he'd have died. However, he proceeded to kill Tu'Rok in the 2nd round before he got a chance to attack due to the other trickster's shard.

Gharraz v. Kartok
    Kartok got one wound through first round because of TOTS, Gharraz left Kartok with one wound left. Kartok proceeded to get 2 through armor saves before Gharraz made both the 4++ and the reroll twice. That was the closest anyone came to killing Gharraz. Gharraz proceeded to hit with everything, wound with everything, then Kartok made all but one ward save and went down. Gharraz won.
    the part that is killing me the most is that I had a really cool fluff piece planned out to coincide with the dice rolls... on the same sheet as the dice rolls. It had a bit of drama at the end, incorporating both the Skaven and Alonso... with the Skaven failing as always.
    I will keep looking for the dice rolls, (though I don't expect to find them at this point) and will post them ASAP.
    PS doing this gave me a lot more respect for CaptainSarathai and how well he writes the fluff! Maybe once I get better/quicker at writing battles I'll try again. Thanks for participating everybody.
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Thanks for posting, and sorry for your loss. There surely are things more important than made-up warriors. Still, looking forward to another one sometime in the future!

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

You've got my condolences - I know how that is, and I don't blame you for taking some time off from the game and the forums. Glad to have you back though. There's been all kinds of crazy springing up in the High Elf forums, and we've certainly missed you!
    Anyways, Tu'Rok got taken out exactly how I knew he would: someone would get very luck in R1. Either I'd fluff all my rolls, or they'd sweep all of theirs. Still, he was a good entrant, I think I'd use him again. Probably 80% of these arenas are pure luck - everyone is usually hitting/wounding/warding on a 4+, there's very little that you can do to set up against a particular character.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stahlfeld View Post
    PS doing this gave me a lot more respect for CaptainSarathai and how well he writes the fluff! Maybe once I get better/quicker at writing battles I'll try again. Thanks for participating everybody.
    D'aww, thanks. But I'm by no means quick! It took me over a year to finish my first major arena (didn't help I made it the biggest ever) but I took a lot of breaks. Most arenas and projects like this fizzle rather quickly. It's just so much work, and it's over a long period of time. Stuff happens - I started and then dropped out of college over the course of my arena. People get sick, move, change jobs, deal with family crisis - you can't plan for it, and it's just one guy that the entire project is riding on. One guy to check all of the builds, do all of the rolls, and write all of the matches and fluff. It gets exhausting too - it's like sprinting a marathon.

I've really been trying to make LO the place for online competitions like this, but there's not much of a drive amongst the brass. I think that the best way to make it work would be to make judicious use of the 'Groups' feature. That way, a few members could have access to information that is hidden from the rest of the forum. They could split up the work, and have a fall-back plan if someone has to leave or disappears.
    Either way, I'm always here to help with projects like this, if anyone needs me to jump in and lend a hand, or wants to run a joint effort. These kind of projects are good for LO - they attract members and they give us a role beyond "just another forum about armylists." When they stall out, it doesn't look the best, but we're learning.

You put forth a good effort Karl, and like I said - you can hardly be blamed for stepping away for a bit. I think we're all just glad to see that you're okay, and happy to have you back.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567