Avalon Help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avalon Help.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Avalon Help.

Hi everyone i have decided that my next project will be an army of Avalon i have some questions and want your opinions.

The question is do i use the wood elf rules and convert using high and wood models or do i use high elf rules doing the conversions. I am leaning more towards high elves as they have better units and rules but then what would i usei want it to be a good fluff and competetive list can it be done?

all opinions welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I can see making a good Avelorn list with the High Elf book. The argument for Wood Elves, of course, is that Elves are Elves but there is no substitute for Treemen (known to exist in Avelorn).

Fluffwise, you're not even really changing much. The only units which exist within Avelorn would be:

Allarielle (Everqueen)
    Tyrion (Everqueen's champion/consort)
    Sisters of Avelorn and Handmaiden of Avelorn
    Maiden Guard (classic, PG stand-in)

That said, if you are going for a purely Avelorn themed army, those would be your only choices aside from Militia (Spears/Bows/Silver Helms). Everything else belongs to a different region specifically, or else comes from the SeaGuard who have no business in Avelorn.

The High Elf armies inter-mesh, so if you're going to run a list like this, it wouldn't be all that different from a "normal" High Elf army except for the notable difference between Phoenix Guard and Maiden Guard, which is just a model issue more than anything.

Build any list around Phoenix Guard, and include a unit of Sisters and it should look just fine.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

See I was thing of using the eternal guard for some lsg now I know they are hated but thought avalon would have its own special guard (maiden guard obviously).

Yeah treemen are awesome my other idea was putting the eternal guard on horses as silver stand ins. As using arms and heads from wild wood rangers on white lions.

Thoughts?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Should work. I'm not fan of LSG, I'd rather use the Maiden Guard as Phoenix Guard, and there are some ancient models out there for them.

I'd almost say to use Stags for Silvers Stand-ins, and then run a mix of Silver Helm and Glade Guard bits on them. It would help to keep the army light and foresty, and you could say that the barding comes from the heavy builds of the stags (kind of like "Thick Skinned" on Orc Boars). I'd rather see Silvers in a list over LSG, but I agree that Avelorn seems like it would have lots of boys. Your original idea could be used for Ellyrian Reavers though

Wild Wood Rangers are the coolest looking models in the game right now. Use their entire kit for whatever you want - handgunners, I wouldn't care - and you would never hear a complain from me.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah I think they would only have light cav really and bows I was thinking originally maiden guard wore light armour carried bow and spear so lsg would be best but I was planing to do a list like this

Lore master silver steel reaver bow for fluff and use the wood elf model of lord with great weapon

Noble using hand maiden model shield of merwyrm stubborn crown

33 lsg full command ( hand maidens if I can get enough women heads bsb and lore go here

2 lots of 23 white lions using heads and arms from wildwood rangers in each a level 1 life for regen I know 75 free points but 1 round of regen is worth it.

2 units of 5 reavers with bows for fluff and some sisters

Thoughts

+ Reply to Thread