HE Battalion box - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

HE Battalion box

Hi,

After an incredibly long hiatus from the forum and the hobby in general I have found myself drawn back in and ready to start a HE army. I've completely abandoned any care for competitive lists and just enjoy fluffy lists. With that said I also like big bulk buys and have a terrible habit of buying direct from GW.

SO I will start with the High Elves Battalion box

Per the GW website:

This Battalion contains a selection of miniatures to give you a great start to either a High Elves collection, or to boost an existing one. Featuring 49 miniatures, it contains: 20 High Elf Warriors with Spear and Shield; 20 High Elf Archers; 1 x High Elf Tiranoc Chariot; and 8 High Elf Silver Helms.
    Is this a set that could reliably create a 1k army to start or should I purchase additional models as well? I'm not really concerned with cost but I don't really want to gear things to "this is the uber list to destroy all others" but at the same time I don't want a ton of models sitting on my shelf never being used - see WoC Spawn.

Would I be better off with the Island of Blood set to start out instead?

Thanks!

I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should start with one island of blood and one battalion kit. Or just battalion kit and purchase som special kit and a hero.
    "Live Long And Prosper"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zata View Post
    I think you should start with one island of blood and one battalion kit. Or just battalion kit and purchase som special kit and a hero.
    I appreciate the response but I decided go DE instead, really glad I did. The book is awesome, looking forward to fielding my executioners.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

+ Reply to Thread