extremely late Rock Wars list 2200 points comp'd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extremely late Rock Wars list 2200 points comp'd

Hey everyone sorry for the late posting being tweaking It since my first post. the list comp makes fortitude and bonus points for specific units important (caradryan,15 spears, lion chariot, 2 eagles) so with that in mind help me out let me know what you think.
    2200/2200

Lords 450
    Teclis

Heros 320
    Caradryan
    Noble bsb Dragon Armor Sword of Anti-Heroes Shield of the Merwyrm

Core 550
    15 spears musician banner w/ lichbone(MR1)
    18 archers banner
    18 archers banner

Special 500
    20 P. Guard FC Banner of the World Dragon
    Lion Chariot

Rare 380
    4x Repeater Bolt Thrower
    2x eagles

Yes BotWD is excessive but with 3 characters in their needed some extra defense, plus lets me IF more often without too much worry, teclis is in the second rank so less able to kill him, alright guys rip it up lol this is essentially what I wanted to go for, a defensive list, while at the same time I have fair amount of killing power, and maxing out bonus points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

1) this should go into the Armylist subsection, up at the top of the High Elf section. I'lll move it there and add all of the appropriate tags, etc.

2) Getting down to brass tacks with your list, I think we've discussed this army or at least a similar one already, haven't we? Anyways-

Teclis - what spells are you choosing? Do you get to pick spells between each game, or is this like most other tournaments where your choice has to be determined prior to going into the fight? If he's a Loremaster of High Magic, he's just that. I mean, he's really just a L4 who gets ignore one miscast per game (prior to rolling, and you have the BotWD already) and has a Dispel Scroll. He's really just not worth the points or effort, in my opinion. Take Allarielle, or take a Loremaster, or take a L4 and a L1-2 'caddy' for the extra spells you might want.

Caradryan - why? He has Magic Resistance which does not stack with the MR from the Spears' banner, and will be ignored by the PG because they already have the BotWD. Otherwise, he's just a guy with a 4+ Ward. Good for him? You still have other ways to get that.

Noble - this guy is alright. My only niggle is that I've never been a big fan of the Sword of AntiHeroes, because it's situational.

15 Spears - I get that you need the fortitude, but if you need banners that badly, put them on the Archers. 15 Spears aren't even going to benefit from the Martial Prowess rule that they pay for, let alone live long enough to use it.

36 Archers - that's a lot of shooting for not a lot of combat in your army...

20 PGs - So they go 5-wide, with your 3 characters buried in there. Either drop 3 PGs and save yourself the points, or add two PGs and gain another rank for busting down Steadfast. Also, you're hamstringing these guys by not going Razor. Either grab White Lions instead, and benefit from a Stubborn and deadly deathstar, or drop the BotWD's "Miscast Crutch" and just rely on Cary's MR and the natural 4++.

Lion Chariot - shock and awe, but you could drop this and two of those PGs (because you should drop two of those PGs anyways) and get two Tirannoc chariots. Neither chariot is going to last in combat on it's own - WLCs are not Khorne Chariots or (god help us all) Gorebeast Chariots. So they're getting sent in to break up fights. Why not take two TCs, with more wounds, more targets, more deployment drops, more speed, and doube the Impact Hits, and just call it a day?

4 RBTs - that's a lot of shooting for an army with not a lot of combat...

2 Eagles - aren't your archers there to clear chaff?...
    ----

I don't know man, I just feel like it's not going to have enough teeth to deal with enemy armies. What happens when you tested this against Warriors of Chaos or Daemons of Nurgle? The Comp doesn't seem like it limits the units that they can take, so it's not like you won't see the Airforce lists or EpiNurgle armies. What have you been tweaking it against?
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea sorry been awhile since I posted here. yes teclis is picking one spell per lore and I get to change per game caradryan is a challenge accepter as well as mainly cause he is bonus points. and the reason anti heroes over sword of might most things that im worried about are character bunker blocks and in this situation this noble is the challenge accdepter not caradryan 15 spears was minimum number of them to count towards bonus points the lichbone caradryan was an idea but yes that doesn't work :/ the archers are just a thinning tool because I don't own enough silver helms to run them and also 1/3 of the tourney is elves of all 3 kinds so s3 is fine 20 pg's may need razor but get buffed so much kind of irrelevant. remember teclis is mainly buffs not all ult spells because I do know cc is unavoidable lion chariot hides until cc and is only cause of bonus points and 2 eagles only cause of bonus points and this slow army cant really handle artillery so they help and only one deamon player so "epinurgle" wont be a thing cause I kno the guy lol

+ Reply to Thread