2000pt all cav High Elves tournament list - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yes, not tinanic lol

I thought High Elves could take more multiples than other races?

And yes, the tough reducing spell in the lore helps with the same problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I like running my cav units in 2 ranks x 3 files or 3x3 formation... Everyone hits, unit is very maneuverable and the smaller frontage means less attacks back. Instead of 5 DP you might want to go with 2 units of 6 or 1 unit of 9. Your rank bonuses are meaningless in a cav attack... build to maximize wounds on contact.

Cav rely on combined arms to be effective... pin a target down with a meaty block of infantry and smash into the flank with lances.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    I like running my cav units in 2 ranks x 3 files or 3x3 formation... Everyone hits, unit is very maneuverable and the smaller frontage means less attacks back.
    It's an option for HE, but it was a bit of a fad. 3x3 does give you full attacks, but you're still going to eat lots of attacks back. You have a 75mm frontage, and you have to try to maximize when you charge. You'll still get hit by five 20/25mm bases, which is still a full rank of enemy models. Yeah, it's helpful against people with 6+ frontage, but you're giving up ranks to do it.
    Generally, there are two things that will drive me to 3x3. Firstly, if I'm trying to bunker a character in the middle of the second rank, "Damsel Style". Secondly, if I drop to 9 or fewer models in the regiment I might consider it.

Instead of 5 DP you might want to go with 2 units of 6 or 1 unit of 9.
    2 units of 6 yes, but never a single big block of Princes. Especially if by "one unit of 9" you are talking about going 3x3. The only advantage to Dragon Princes is the +1A, 6+ Ward, and the situational 2++ against Fire. You lose the biggest and costliest advantage (+1A) in every rank after the first, so the price of Dragon Princes is very high per extra rank. Better to take Silvers and count them towards your Core if you want to fight in more ranks. Princes do make a halfway decent Deathstar if you're worried about Lore of Metal (they get their ward against the Flaming wounds inflicted by Metal spells), but they are much better as small regiments designed to get a few extra wounds onto the enemy. If you're going to field ranks - be they 3 or 5+ wide - you don't take Dragon Princes.

Your rank bonuses are meaningless in a cav attack... build to maximize wounds on contact.
    Not if you're in an all-Cav list. You need ranks. You can cause 200 Wounds and suffer none in return, but if there are at least 5 models left in the enemy regiment, he's Steadfast and not going anywhere. This is why I usually field my Silver Helms in large regiments if I go all-cav. They provide the ranks and the wounds, and the Dragon Princes (if they're even present) add a little bit of extra 'oomph' on the charge.

Cav rely on combined arms to be effective... pin a target down with a meaty block of infantry and smash into the flank with lances.
    This I agree on, and this is why most of the responses have been to try and dissuade the OP from running a full-cav army in a tournament setting. Cav armies can work, but they're not meant to go up against the wide variety of durably opponents that you'll see in a competitive event. Cav armies can destroy Dark Elves, I've seen it. They're going to fall to pieces against Daemons and Undead though. That's not a good way to handle a tournament - you don't want to show up with auto-loss opponents built into your roster.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Hi there not sure if i am repeating anything but list looks good i would drop bolts on sky cutters i have used them for chalf before without bolt as cheap as 5 reavers with bows better armour more surviveable than eagles and reavers better danage output they are a handy unit just don't take the bolt you won't hit anything.

I like your silvers 15 is good 18 is better you need to try keep those few ranks you have to help win combat i wouldn't stick the wizard in the silvers 2 risky in my eyes. I find the best way to run dragon princes is 7 wide with a standard i use them to hit the front and silvers in the side. Silvers for me are better than DP any day of the week, cost wise you can have more than DP, sure you get some cool little bonues with DP but fighting in 3 ranks helps alot more and 15 str 5 attacks on the charge is handy.

I have come to appritate shadow alot more in cav lists if you have the points for a level 2 beast by all means but you waste your level 4 taking beasts.

well thats my 2 cents in a high elf cav force i often feel its better to go core crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12