What special rule would you create? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What special rule would you create?

Hi guys, just out of a bit of curiosity, and also for the fun of it, i was wondering what special rules you would like to see or add to a unit/s or character if you had the chance. For example, i have always been a bit put down by just how much our bowmen suck, considering elves are apparently some of the best bowmen in Warhammer fluff. So, i created this rule to help us out a bit

Unnerving Accuracy: Even the most common of elves spend many human life times training with their bow. Elven arrows can find the smallest of gaps in an enemy’s armour.

Any unit with this rule suffers no penalty to hit when moving or at long range. additional, units gain the armour piercing special rule.

So you get the idea, i can imagine archers, sea guard, sisters and shadows getting this rule at least, and of course wood elves haha.

Please reply with any ideas you may have, can be of your own creation or from the rulebook. Just try to keep them reasonable, so as to not make a super OP (e.g. all Phoenix Guard hit on 2+ etc.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Hmm... I don't think that there are any special rules that I would add to the High Elves that they haven't already got. I'm even over the fact that we've lost 'Honors' since 6th edition. Having 'First Among Equals' back would be nice, but again - no big deal. I'm far happier that they returned our Ithilmar Barding.

Really, it's more about rules that I wish they would just give to everyone. For example, allow Flying Characters to join Flying Units. So our Nobles on Eagles could join units of Eagles. The same for Chariots. It's so weird, because the excuse that they give for characters not being able to join fliers is that there are too many flapping wings around, and not being able to join chariots because he'd get run over. But charioteers can form up into regiments and be just fine, and eagles can make regiments and know to fly in formation or whatever and avoid getting smacked around.

I wish that they would give cavalry a rule to better represent the strengths of an actual cavalry charge. Something like Impact Hits, or the ability to more easily negate Steadfast without resorting to a "bus" of ranks.

Lastly, shooting needs a bit of a re-balance, somehow. As it stands, the only armies with decent shooting have incredibly shoddy troops. The reason is that you pay for your close combat ability. Our archers are terrible, because they're still rocking ASF, WS5, and I5. Because of the 'To Hit' modifiers for shooting, and the fact that you can't shoot once combat is joined, and only having 6 "active" shooting phases per game (compared to 12 active combats), shooting is always less effective than combat. A volley from Archers should be worth less a regiment in Combat, but that's the balance problem: if you make Archers cheaper, people will start ranking them up and marching them into combat.
    The easiest fix would be to give Archers a rule where they cannot ever elect to Charge, must pass a Leadership test to elect to Hold, and automatically Break if defeated in combat. Then, Archers could cost far less than Combat-oriented models, but players could not abuse this discount by marching them forward into combat.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I wouldn't call it a special rule just for high elves but cav to get an impact hit to show the force that the cav crashes into something and gains +1 str for barding being heavier. But hey that's likely just me

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my friendly end times game we are trying a new special rule. Shooting is +1 to hit at close range. I think the 2 point swing between close range and long range makes for a big difference. I am about to play a 3k end times game with reg magic. we also have another house rule where we went ahead and made joint profiles. Highest toughness highest armor save and total wounds for one profile for entire model. Only thing separate is I, attacks and special offensive rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about, High Elves suffer no wounds when fighting against any Non High Elf Army controlled by a member of Games Workshop whether on duty or not.

+ Reply to Thread