Mixed Elf Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Elf Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixed Elf Army

Hey Guys

Can people review my End time Eternity Army, as I am not 100% on it

Lord:
    320 lvl4(life) Archemage, Book of Hoeth, Tailsman of Preservation.

Heros
    220 Lothern Sea Helm, BSB, Skycutter.
    215 Spellsinger lvl2(metal), Unicorn, Dispell scroll,Tailsman of Protection, Iron cursed Ideal.

Core
    239 19 Eternal Guard CMS
    283 12 Silver Helms CMS

Speical
    130 5 Sister of the thron
    175 5 Wild Riders SC, Standard of Discipline.
    175 5 Dragon Princes, SC, Banner of the Eternal Flame.

Rare
    FrostHeart Phoenix

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the skycutter sea helm is a waste of points to be honest. unless you are playing joined profiles a t3 elf is always going to get ripped off any mount or out of any combat I will happily concede that the only effective way for us to take a bsb is either in a sky cutter or in a mage block. (out of combat). But if he's on the skycutter and doesnt want to be in combat (t3) then why do you have a skycutter that doesnt want to be in combat. (bow on skycutter is poo and you cant take it with sea helm anyway).

Your spread way to thin across your specials. Big Time. Pick an amazing unit, or one or two really good units that you have specific goals for. You could drop something out of your hero list....... then two units of any special unit that are going to do something. I'm HE so its a unit of 28 WL and 28 SM's with standard and cheap banner.

Love the frost heart, great utility, great monster.
    Last edited by Slack Jaw; January 1st, 2015 at 10:44.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Slack Jaw View Post
    the skycutter sea helm is a waste of points to be honest. unless you are playing joined profiles a t3 elf is always going to get ripped off any mount or out of any combat I will happily concede that the only effective way for us to take a bsb is either in a sky cutter or in a mage block. (out of combat). But if he's on the skycutter and doesnt want to be in combat (t3) then why do you have a skycutter that doesnt want to be in combat. (bow on skycutter is poo and you cant take it with sea helm anyway).

Your spread way to thin across your specials. Big Time. Pick an amazing unit, or one or two really good units that you have specific goals for. You could drop something out of your hero list....... then two units of any special unit that are going to do something. I'm HE so its a unit of 28 WL and 28 SM's with standard and cheap banner.

Love the frost heart, great utility, great monster.
    This.

Unless you're going for a Lothern themed list (and even then you could just use the sea helm model as a regular noble), I wouldn't take a sea helm at all. Especially not on a chariot with a bsb - a noble is much cheaper and if you want a fast moving bsb then an eagle or regular horse will do the job just as well.

Could you tell us how many points you're looking to do this at? And if there's any specific theme you're looking to follow?

Looking at it for the moment it seems you're looking for all cavalry - that being the case I'd make a few recommendations:

1) Dark Riders - with shields and crossbows and a musician all for 110pts these make great chaff and harrassment units, use them to take potshots, hunt warmachines, and draw the enemy out of formation. I'd probably take your minimum core on these.

2) Warlocks from the dark elf list - I personally don't use them but the magic they bring can bring some nice buffs to your shooting via soulblight (which lowers S and T), as well as direct damage from doombolt too.

3) Cold One Knights and Dragon Princes - Personal preference with these I think... they both have 3 attacks each (I'm including the mount in that too), but the princes are slightly weaker at basic S3 rather than 4, but also a point cheaper... but they're also not stupid... Up to you with these, but whatever you do, I'd take a lot of them to really make an impact when they charge. I'd consider at least 2 medium-large units of these whichever you pick.

4) Wild Riders I've been experimenting with recently, and they're the quintessential glass cannon - whatever they charge absolutely needs to die/run on the turn they've charged, or else they'll get cut down next turn. Use them as flankers, and only commit them when you're sure to win.

5) I'd also suggest warhawk riders too actually as they're awesome at popping war machines since they're more resilient than a regular eagle.

6) Phoenix is awesome. I'd consider a second one. Always charge it in conjunction with your other stuff though to make your combats easier - looking at your list I'd guess it's around 2k upwards, so you're gonna be facing large infantry blocks, you're gonna have an uphill battle beating that with cavalry.

7) Finally....I think it might also be possible to bring a dragon in a list like this. They're not the most competitive choices sure due to being cannon magnets but if you can saturate said warmachines with important targets first (i.e. fast cavalry) then the dragon can possibly evade some fire...don't put a wizard on it though... or if you absolutely must do it with a couple of dragon-mages and bring more than 1.

Anyway - that's my 2 pence!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Hi there the list seems really small even at 2k. you have to many characters elves are best with a level 4 and a bsb (unless you go light covern).

I would take a dark elf for a bsb easier to get the 1+ save i would also always take cold ones over dragon princes any day of the week as they can actually hurt something past the charge. A unit of 14 with the bsb in there, champ and banner of disipline and your golden. The bsb i would use a dark elf on cold one, armour of destiny, great weapon and sea dragon cloak thats a 1+, 4++ and str 6 reletively cheap 157pts i do believe.

core i would take 15 silvers and 2 5 man units of dark riders shields and cross bows if you want infantry core dark shardes with shields of high elf spears (big unit)

Sadly unless you get combined stats don't bother with any ridden monsters, ice pheonix is good but expect it to get shot at.

again of the 2 i would take warlocks over the sisters of thorn both are good places to pop a mounted wizard to but them and a level for and your really are sorted for magic. i would also say that life is not the best lore for elfs its not the worst but you can do more with other lores.

and last but not least white lions the only real reason to take a combined list i will admit i have never been fond with the look of them but i can't deny their stopping power and you should give some serious thought to having a block of them.

I hope this helps i am talioring to the more competetive end but give your list a whirl see what you like and dont and change up accordingly.
    Last edited by d_k_patt; January 2nd, 2015 at 13:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys,

Thanks so far. I am a High and Wood Elf player, for a start. I do not wish to add dark elf models to this list at the moment until it becomes a 9th edition thing. Second I am trying to keep this to monsters and Cavalierly, so I am not interested in turning this back into my foot combat heavy list like my High army(lots of Pheonix guard and white lions) and the heavy shooting like my wood elves. I am looking for a fast army.

As we are currently using the end times magic, lots of spell variation is key is why I have two wizard and the sister in the list.
    So far the sky cutter has been alright in combat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Adohan View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks so far. I am a High and Wood Elf player, for a start. I do not wish to add dark elf models to this list at the moment until it becomes a 9th edition thing. Second I am trying to keep this to monsters and Cavalierly, so I am not interested in turning this back into my foot combat heavy list like my High army(lots of Pheonix guard and white lions) and the heavy shooting like my wood elves. I am looking for a fast army.

As we are currently using the end times magic, lots of spell variation is key is why I have two wizard and the sister in the list.
    So far the sky cutter has been alright in combat.
    Fair enough on choosing High & Wood Elves - no harm in going for the stuff you like (I'm doing the same with my combined elf army by trying to take a balanced list from all the elf races). My suggestion for your core would be Hagbane Glade Riders or perhaps silver helms or ellyrian reavers, special I'd go for princes, possibly with a few CC heroes for some added oomph, and in your rare pack in stuff like phoenixes (1-2 frosties) and a few eagles. For heroes you could either go down the cavalry route (which is probably more sensible) and have the wizards and princes on horseback, or you could go down the monster route and have them on dragons. For fun I'd suggest the latter (especially if you've got enough stuff like frosties and eagles to take the heat off the dragon), but for tactics (and to buy more troops) I'd go for the former

I'm still not really sold on the chariot, especially not for a bsb (particularly if he could camp in a unit, get look out sir and all the rest of it), but if you like it then go ahead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Sorry but the second you take more than one rank you may as well take silvers. 15 silvers in core. The issue with glade riders is ambush rule. If this is just a friendly list just try stuff wild riders are good fun a single rank of 6 hits fairly hard.

However if a fast cav monste list the dark elfs truly are best at this with cheap monsters and what not. On the plus the sisters are good with all beast spells. Have you given thought to a lore master every single spell including lore of undeath.

Warhawk riders are quite good the sisters on a dragon are also quite good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tempted with replacing the lvl4 with a lore master for the extra hitting power.

I have also never had much luck with war hawk rider as most of the time the rider strike and then 2 of them die before the hawks get to stike against list with no chaff or war machine.
    Like against a choas list what are the hawk meant to do?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I love the lore master and with khaine magic rules he gets all the lores in the warhammer book plus undeath. If you want to keep it speedy take a unit of wite lions with banner that gives you the +1 movement so they are movement 6 and can keep up. Lore master take armour of silver steel and cast the metal khaine spell for the 2 + ward nobody is killing that.

I see your point they always do well for me and always have a job but I guess if you against chaos with no chalf or easy targets they could be redundant. If you want a fast list maybe something like.

Lore master silver steel

Wood elf Nobel stag enchanted shield bsb talisman of pres asrai spear pop him in a unit of 7 tree kin with an ancient.

27 white lions standard champ banner of +1 movement lore guy here.
    2 units of 6 wild riders shields standard they can be flank clearing and hit hard on charge.
    Core 2 units of 15 silvers standard
    2 treemen
    Unit of sisters of thorn.

You have 2 big stubborn monsters with enough healing magic they should stick around though be weary of skull cannons. Slowest movement is 6 again there i few spells that get you moving faster all your units hit hard and you have a few rock solid blocks.

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a flaw in your plan. Only lvl 3 or higher can use the end times spells. So a lore master on his own can not use the Khane metal spell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast