Kingdom Death White Lion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Kingdom Death White Lion

This is a White Lion from Kingdom Death that I painted pretty recently. I think it is really easy for white to look plain, even when it is done well, so I went with a very colorful white.

I did a quite write up on some of the techniques I've been doing recently to make painting white more interesting.

Anyway, here's the lion.

I haven't posted anything to Coolmini in a while, so I decided to post this one up. Here it is if you care to vote.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lion looks fantastic. I love the rib cage showing. How did voting go anyway?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

I don't know- I haven't actually checked Coolmini in a long time.

-Turns out it is in the mid 7s. Which means that people liked it, but weren't crazy impressed. I haven't been posting enough stuff to coolmini recently to really feel like I've got a handle on where the meta is right now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the White Lion a good introductory monster ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

692 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldMiller View Post
    Is the White Lion a good introductory monster ?
    I think so. The introductory White Lion is the most basic foe you can face off against- he doesn't have any special cards, no tokens and the trickier cards are all removed from his deck. The Lv1 white lion is also quite simple to face off against.

The Screaming antelope is also pretty simple (just a baby step up from the White Lion).

The other monsters in the core are a lot crazier than those two, and I think the replacement monsters you can get in the expansions are also trickier (Spidicules and Gorm).

Now, as for whether the introduction is a good introduction to the campaign is another matter. The game has a strong strategic element where you need to manage your resources to make powerful gear and manage your survivors, and that needs to build up throughout the campaign.

+ Reply to Thread